Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

newbie wanted to leave uk to brisbane!

newbie wanted to leave uk to brisbane!

Old Jan 31st 2008, 2:09 pm
Just Joined

madsam is just really nicemadsam is just really nicemadsam is just really nicemadsam is just really nicemadsam is just really nicemadsam is just really nicemadsam is just really nicemadsam is just really nice
Question newbie wanted to leave uk to brisbane!

Hey there, my husband and 2 children madison 4 and harrison 11months are hoping to move over to brisbane, any advise on visa's and a good company to help us sort through it all would be fantastic!! also on nice areas to live that will be nice as a family and if anyone has any links to job agencies over there that would be great too!! loads of questions needing answers so if anyone can help i will be very greatfull!!!

hopefully get to speak to some of you soon,
sam and family xxx
Old Jan 31st 2008, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

Lee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud of
Default Re: newbie wanted to leave uk to brisbane!

Hi there,

http://www.immi.gov.au/ for all your visa info

http://www.realestate.com.au/ name says it all

http://www.seek.com.au/ Jobs

http://www.austimmigration.com.au/ very good visa agent

Hope this helps
Lee
Old Jan 31st 2008, 4:57 pm
Just Joined

madsam is just really nicemadsam is just really nicemadsam is just really nicemadsam is just really nicemadsam is just really nicemadsam is just really nicemadsam is just really nicemadsam is just really nice

Originally Posted by Lee&Jade
Hi there,

http://www.immi.gov.au/ for all your visa info

http://www.realestate.com.au/ name says it all

http://www.seek.com.au/ Jobs

http://www.austimmigration.com.au/ very good visa agent

Hope this helps
Lee
thanks for that! really appreciate it. Are you out there already or just getting ready to go?
sam xx
Old Jan 31st 2008, 7:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by madsam
thanks for that! really appreciate it. Are you out there already or just getting ready to go?
sam xx
Hi Sam and family and welcome to the site.
We used www.1stcontact.co.uk and they were very good.
Also take a look at www.ourbrisbane.com.au
Good luck.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

Lee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud of

Hi,
We are not out there yet, had a lot of hassel selling the house, but it all seams like its going through this time. We are heading for brisbane as well(south side)
Lee
Old Feb 1st 2008, 5:16 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: newbie wanted to leave uk to brisbane!

Originally Posted by grahampaula
Hi Sam and family and welcome to the site.
We used www.1stcontact.co.uk and they were very good.
Also take a look at www.ourbrisbane.com.au
Good luck.
Hi, thanks for those, all info really helps!
Old Feb 1st 2008, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Lee&Jade
Hi,
We are not out there yet, had a lot of hassel selling the house, but it all seams like its going through this time. We are heading for brisbane as well(south side)
Lee
Hi, not long to go for you then! wish we were at that stage already!! can you tell me some nice areas to live in the south? are you going into rented accomodation or have you bought? i'm not sure how when it comes to it how we go about renting somewhere before we get there? we don't want to buy for around a year so that we don't mess up on house choice! hope you don't mind all of the questions!!!

thanks sam xx
Old Feb 1st 2008, 7:30 pm
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,
We are on our way to Queensland in a few weeks, my partner is a plumber so we have gone on a skilled independant visa, i dont know what your budget is but we did the visa ourselves, it would have cost around £3,200 but we did it for half of that. If you or your husband has a occupation in demand that is a good route, check out australian governmant site to see if your occupation is in demand x
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by madsam
Hi, not long to go for you then! wish we were at that stage already!! can you tell me some nice areas to live in the south? are you going into rented accomodation or have you bought? i'm not sure how when it comes to it how we go about renting somewhere before we get there? we don't want to buy for around a year so that we don't mess up on house choice! hope you don't mind all of the questions!!!

thanks sam xx
Hi Sam
We are looking at a place called Ormeau it's about half way between brisbane and the gold coast as my job is there, when we get there we will stay in b&b for a week so we can get a rental sorted out and will be looking at buying after 6/12 months once we have looked at the area better.
I have found other nice areas to be (pacific pines, upper coomera,) I went to look round these places when I was there last year and they are all between brissy and the gold coast, about half a hour to the coast and the same to brissy. We want to be closer to the beach than the city.
Lee