Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Newbie in Sussex UK

Newbie in Sussex UK

Old Nov 5th 2003, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

CareyOcean is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Newbie in Sussex UK

Hi me and my partner and 3 children are just starting the process!
Looking for a kinda list of best ways to go,

ie. Putting house on market here, getting an agent or not, forms order etc.

I'm sure this has been asked millions of times so please point me to a thread if its easier

We would be going on my partner on a general skilled 47SK visa, we think!? He's a tree surgeon. (but only has been for a year)

Any help would be great!

We are also still undecided on area when we get there, but think Queensland/NSW border ish!

Really just want it all!!! Near Beach, acerage, lovely house, good schools, chilled people and sunshine! oh and where my partners job would be quite well needed! lol

Show us the way.............

Cheers

Carey
Old Nov 5th 2003, 8:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie in Sussex UK

Originally posted by CareyOcean

I'm sure this has been asked millions of times so please point me to a thread if its easier

We would be going on my partner on a general skilled 47SK visa, we think!? He's a tree surgeon. (but only has been for a year)

Any help would be great!

We are also still undecided on area when we get there, but think Queensland/NSW border ish!

Really just want it all!!! Near Beach, acerage, lovely house, good schools, chilled people and sunshine! oh and where my partners job would be quite well needed! lol

Cheers

Carey

Hi Carey, welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll find out all the info you need on this site and there's lots of friendly folk to point you in the right direction.

You're 1st thing to do, would be to decide whether or not you need an agent. if your case is straight forward and you have time enough to research and fill out the forms, then you could do it yourself, we've used an agent to take the hassle away and for our own peace of mind - we know that the forms have been filled in correctly and no mistakes made. Agents can be costly, you need to shop around, but they can be worth it if you have a tricky case.

Why not get a free telephone assessment from an agent or two, just to get their opinions on how straight forward your case will be.

2nd step - if you are going to go as a skilled independant, you need to get your skills assessed by the relevant assessing body.

When you've got that certificate back, telling you your skills are suitable, you can then lodge your application to migrate.

Theres lots of stuff to think about and research - if you look through the archives here, i'm sure you'll find lots of useful info.

Good luck.
Old Nov 5th 2003, 8:25 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Just to say Welcome to the madhouse!!

Can't give much advice as mine is a Partner visa, not Skills, but there are plenty on here that'll help........!

Pollyana

(Brighton, Sussex till last Friday, now in Brisbane!)
Old Nov 5th 2003, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by Pollyana
Hi,
Just to say Welcome to the madhouse!!

Can't give much advice as mine is a Partner visa, not Skills, but there are plenty on here that'll help........!

Pollyana

(Brighton, Sussex till last Friday, now in Brisbane!)
Brighton, we are Buggers Hole. for our sins! lol
Thanks for the reply.
So Brisbane is better than Brighton then?
Jolly good cos Brighton is the best place in the UK and we want to be there!
Old Nov 5th 2003, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by steandleigh
Hi Carey, welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll find out all the info you need on this site and there's lots of friendly folk to point you in the right direction.

You're 1st thing to do, would be to decide whether or not you need an agent. if your case is straight forward and you have time enough to research and fill out the forms, then you could do it yourself, we've used an agent to take the hassle away and for our own peace of mind - we know that the forms have been filled in correctly and no mistakes made. Agents can be costly, you need to shop around, but they can be worth it if you have a tricky case.

Why not get a free telephone assessment from an agent or two, just to get their opinions on how straight forward your case will be.

2nd step - if you are going to go as a skilled independant, you need to get your skills assessed by the relevant assessing body.

When you've got that certificate back, telling you your skills are suitable, you can then lodge your application to migrate.

Theres lots of stuff to think about and research - if you look through the archives here, i'm sure you'll find lots of useful info.

Good luck.

Many thanks Leigh, I shall get some free phone calls sorted from a few agents tomorrow.
When you say the "relevant assessing body" what do you mean? As in, there are specific assessing bodies for different occupations? or as in a local assesing body near where we live? Or would you like to phone a friend? lol
Old Nov 5th 2003, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Any help would be great!

Cheers

Carey

Hi

We are from Sussex also, and applied for skilled independent in May this year.

If i can be of any help drop me a PM

footie chick
Old Nov 5th 2003, 9:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by footie chick
Hi

We are from Sussex also, and applied for skilled independent in May this year.

If i can be of any help drop me a PM

footie chick
Hi Footie Chick,
thanks for the reply, that would be great I will.
First question would be are you using an agent? and if so who?
Old Nov 5th 2003, 9:09 pm
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough

Hi and Welcome,

We are just starting the whole process too.

Good luck with it all

Vicky
Old Nov 5th 2003, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by vicky o
Hi and Welcome,

We are just starting the whole process too.

Good luck with it all

Vicky
Hi Vicky

Thanks and good luck yourselves
Where in Uk are you now?
Are you going on a skilled visa?
Old Nov 5th 2003, 9:21 pm
visa'd member oh yeah!

CROSSY is an unknown quantity at this point

Any help would be great!

Cheers

Carey
Hi Carey , a good place to start (i think) is www.immi.gov.au,
go to the skilled migration pages and you will find links to all the relevant info regarding skills eg assessing bodies, sol (which tells you if your skills are needed), you will also find all the basic requirements listed so you can do a quick self assessment.
Welcome to madness and good luck
Old Nov 5th 2003, 9:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by CROSSY
Hi Carey , a good place to start (i think) is www.immi.gov.au,
go to the skilled migration pages and you will find links to all the relevant info regarding skills eg assessing bodies, sol (which tells you if your skills are needed), you will also find all the basic requirements listed so you can do a quick self assessment.
Welcome to madness and good luck
Thank you Crossy,

yes been there and printed off all relevant forms, we passed the points test on several sites not sure if on the official one though? will go look again to find out about the assessing bodies.

Cheers
Old Nov 5th 2003, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Madhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the rough

Hello and welcome
Were newbies too from Dorset heading for Perth
I highly recommend getting an agent costly but money well spent!! It has taken us just over a couple of weeks to get the skills assesment sent off, where for i know for a fact would of taken alot longer without him

(quicker less hassle and *less* stress)

Good luck!

Claire & Keith
Old Nov 5th 2003, 10:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by Madhouse!
Hello and welcome
Were newbies too from Dorset heading for Perth
I highly recommend getting an agent costly but money well spent!! It has taken us just over a couple of weeks to get the skills assesment sent off, where for i know for a fact would of taken alot longer without him

(quicker less hassle and *less* stress)

Good luck!

Claire & Keith
Thanks Claire and Keith,

Good advice am on the case! who did you use?
I am printing out the skills assessment forms as we speak!!
Old Nov 5th 2003, 10:19 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm, residents of Buggers Hole are you; no wonder you want to emigrate! Worked there for a while - fortunately it was a SHORT while!
Brisbane is vastly different from Brighton - my fiance is an Aussie, and we had the choice of which one to settle in....strangely enough it was a very quick decision!
Old Nov 5th 2003, 10:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by Pollyana
Hmm, residents of Buggers Hole are you; no wonder you want to emigrate! Worked there for a while - fortunately it was a SHORT while!
Brisbane is vastly different from Brighton - my fiance is an Aussie, and we had the choice of which one to settle in....strangely enough it was a very quick decision!

LOL yes my point exactly!
its all doom and gloom round here
No quality of life.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.