Newbie saying 'Hi'

Old Oct 10th 2005, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

cov kids will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Newbie saying 'Hi'

Originally Posted by ElshaUK
Hi Everyone,

Well, just registered so thought I'd post a thread to say 'Hi'

My name is Susan & I currently live in London, England but am hoping to move back to Perth, Australia next year.

I am English by birth (Bristol) and I lived here till I was 8 when my parents moved us over to Australia where we later became citizens. Anyway, my fiance is British (Indian by Birth) & I moved to England in 1999 to be with him.

Next year, we will have to start the process of getting him a visa so that we can move back to Australia together. I am thinking we will go through an agent rather than attempt the forms ourselves. I need to see if I can sponsor him as a defacto partner, as I am living here with him rather than sponsoring him from over there. Anyway, still early days yet.

I am very homesick for Perth, after 6 years back here, the grass is most definately greener on the other side.

Anyone else from Perth here???? My folks live in Joondalup.

SUSAN
Hi mate great post . Welcome to the forum. We're off to perth too. Good Luck, Hope all goes well

Michaela
Old Oct 11th 2005, 9:41 pm
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the Welcome everyone

Michelle - Gosh, we sound like we are in the same boat. I personally cannot afford to even start the immigration process just yet as moving to England 6 years ago, meant I ran up credit card & loan debt! (guess being lonely & homesick made me spend up big) Anyway my partner has made up a budget for us and I am trying to follow it :scared:

Bridie - How exciting!!!! Good Luck with your move to Perth

Dave - Feel free to e-mail me. susan (at) elsha (dot) freeserve (dot) co (dot) uk Joondalup is a fantastic place and I intend to live there again when I go back. I first moved to Joondalup aged 18 (30 now) and it was still developing. There was no shops, pubs, cinema, library etc. Now it has everything! English pub included! e-mail me so I can brag about Joondalup. I miss it big time

Susan
Old Oct 11th 2005, 9:45 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone,

My name is Susan & I currently live in London, England but am hoping to move back to Perth, Australia next year.

I am English by birth (Bristol) and I lived here till I was 8 when my parents moved us over to Australia where we later became citizens. Anyway, my fiance is British (Indian by Birth) & I moved to England in 1999 to be with him.

Next year, we will have to start the process of getting him a visa so that we can move back to Australia together. I am thinking we will go through an agent rather than attempt the forms ourselves. I need to see if I can sponsor him as a defacto partner, as I am living here with him rather than sponsoring him from over there. Anyway, still early days yet.

I am very homesick for Perth, after 6 years back here, the grass is most definately greener on the other side.

SUSAN
Gday Gday

Welcome to BE

We do a volunteer website for the dogshow in Joondalup each year.

Trish the organiser in Perth, keeps begging me to visit.

Good Luck Steve
Old Oct 11th 2005, 9:49 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cov kids
Hi mate great post . Welcome to the forum. We're off to perth too. Good Luck, Hope all goes well

Michaela
We are from Coventry, and this morning I did a quote for another guy from Cov , hes been here 13 years !!

Nice to see more COVENTRIANS comin to OZ !!!

Steve ,

My Cov Past

lived in whoberley
went to woodlands
drank at hen n chicks , dog n trumpet and did the door for 5 years at the 3 tuns.
Did apprenticeship with Gec.
Lived in Holbrooks lane
Then built house in Tile Hill Village
Debs ran pool teams for most cov pubs lol
My claim to fame, first uk importer of laminate flooring back in 1992 and still goin strong

Drank at the Bell in tile hill village, often got pissed as a fart.

In brizzy now and LOVIN IT !!!

interested in starting a MIDLANDERS EXPAT group let me know

Steve n Debs
Old Oct 11th 2005, 9:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone,

SUSAN
Good luck to you, I hear Joondalup is a fine area to live. We were looking at it when we were considering WA.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 10:22 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Yep, I'm from Perth; born in Bassendean, moved to Craigie, eventually Tasmania and finally back to WA, where I settled in Midvale!

Have been in the UK for nearly two years now, and starting to feel pretty homesick!

My dad was a British citizen, so I'll be applying for my UK passport soon.
Did you like living in Tas Vash?
Old Oct 12th 2005, 1:05 am
Forum Regular

cov kids will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
We are from Coventry, and this morning I did a quote for another guy from Cov , hes been here 13 years !!

Nice to see more COVENTRIANS comin to OZ !!!

Steve ,

My Cov Past

lived in whoberley
went to woodlands
drank at hen n chicks , dog n trumpet and did the door for 5 years at the 3 tuns.
Did apprenticeship with Gec.
Lived in Holbrooks lane
Then built house in Tile Hill Village
Debs ran pool teams for most cov pubs lol
My claim to fame, first uk importer of laminate flooring back in 1992 and still goin strong

Drank at the Bell in tile hill village, often got pissed as a fart.

In brizzy now and LOVIN IT !!!

interested in starting a MIDLANDERS EXPAT group let me know

Steve n Debs
Cheers steve. seems like loads of coventrians want to go to Oz. Midlanders expats group sounds good!
We currently live by the Forum and use the many pubs by us (too frequently I'm often told!!) But are so looking forward to moving to Oz its unbelieveable!!

As for the hen n chicks I did many of afternoon in there when I was supposed to be at Cov Tech. Happy Days!!

Gaz
Old Oct 12th 2005, 7:51 am
Banned

Originally Posted by cov kids
Cheers steve. seems like loads of coventrians want to go to Oz. Midlanders expats group sounds good!
We currently live by the Forum and use the many pubs by us (too frequently I'm often told!!) But are so looking forward to moving to Oz its unbelieveable!!

As for the hen n chicks I did many of afternoon in there when I was supposed to be at Cov Tech. Happy Days!!

Gaz
Fark small world huh,

I did my 3 days a week at the Butts too, plus 1 day at Henley

I used to sit in canteen at lunchtime waitin for the hairdressers to arrive

LOL

Good Luck, is the 10 pin place still open at the forum, on longfellow rd?
Old Oct 12th 2005, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

mish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the Welcome everyone

Michelle - Gosh, we sound like we are in the same boat. I personally cannot afford to even start the immigration process just yet as moving to England 6 years ago, meant I ran up credit card & loan debt! (guess being lonely & homesick made me spend up big) Anyway my partner has made up a budget for us and I am trying to follow it :scared:

Bridie - How exciting!!!! Good Luck with your move to Perth

Dave - Feel free to e-mail me. susan (at) elsha (dot) freeserve (dot) co (dot) uk Joondalup is a fantastic place and I intend to live there again when I go back. I first moved to Joondalup aged 18 (30 now) and it was still developing. There was no shops, pubs, cinema, library etc. Now it has everything! English pub included! e-mail me so I can brag about Joondalup. I miss it big time

Susan
Ahhh budgets..... i hate them!!!! As we all do i'm sure!!
We're sticking to one at the moment as we save for Oz!!

Hope everything goes okay when you do apply and if you need help with the forms - give me a shout coz i'm a bloody expert (although i did turn into a bit of a wino during the process)! In fact i still have a copy of our file that we sent onto London!! After all the hard work i put into that thing i made sure i took a copy in case it went AWOL on the way there!!!

I miss Joondalup too - don't forget the University and the Police Academy!!
Where the hell did they come from??

All the best
Mish x
Old Oct 13th 2005, 8:46 am
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Michelle

My Dad was living across the road from the police academy for awhile. Now he has moved a bit further up the road and past the library!

I love Joondalup! I miss my home so much, even though My Dad is in a new place and has re-married whilst I have been here, I still MISS my Joondalup home

Susan
Old Oct 13th 2005, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

mish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of light

Michelle

My Dad was living across the road from the police academy for awhile. Now he has moved a bit further up the road and past the library!

I love Joondalup! I miss my home so much, even though My Dad is in a new place and has re-married whilst I have been here, I still MISS my Joondalup home

Susan

Hi Susan
I know how you feel...!!

Although i grew up in Edgewater i had a few great nights out in Joondalup since i've been back there on hols (I have friends there) and then a couple of great fry up's in local cafe's to deal with my hang overs!!!

You'll be back there soon enough, it just feels like forever doesn't it??
I've sent you some karma full of Joondalup nostalgia!!!

Michelle x