British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Newbie saying hello!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/newbie-saying-hello-342260/)

macker Dec 11th 2005 5:37 pm

Newbie saying hello!!!

Hi all,

I have posted a couple of posts but would just like to say Hi formally!!!!! :)
I have just started the process (have employed an agent, she has told us we have enough points) and now after Xmas I will be sending off the proposal and getting the ball rolling. I am now reading this forum like a woman possessed and it's just a world of information so thanks to all the great contributers.

I've been looking at all areas of Australia but Brisbane just keeps calling out to me. One thing I'm confused about is the difference between the Sunshine coast and the Gold Coast. Is one better than the other? Everyones tastes differ I know but is one coast cheaper than the other as far as property etc, are schools pretty much the same? Is the Gold coast more affluent than the Sunshine or vice versa. All feedback greatly appreciated.

Is there a big Irish community in Brisbane? Any Irish members out there
who have been through the process and are now living in the area?

We are a family of 4. Husband is a carpenter/joiner and 2 kids - 8 yr old and 2 yr. old. Whats the work situation for carpenters? Is there a great demand for them in Brisbane.

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks

lacey21 Dec 11th 2005 5:40 pm

Re: Newbie saying hello!!!

HI macker,
welcome to the mad house,

Hope everything goes well in your application, if there are any specific questions on application stuff, go onto the Immigration site, which is a bit further down on opening this site. Ask anything you want there and I am sure loads of people will help.

hugs and stuff Lace x

Mhairi Dec 11th 2005 5:41 pm

Hiya

Welcome to BE. We're also a family of 4, husband, Carpenter/Joiner hoping to arrive in Oz in August - can't help with your questions - but just wanted to say hi anyway.

Mhairi

jonni boy Dec 11th 2005 6:36 pm

hello macker.
try www.seek.com.au for jobs but from what i noticed when we were over earlier this year there seems to be plenty of work for trades.
all the best jonni

Anne4Terry Dec 11th 2005 6:38 pm

Can't tell you anything about the East coast, I just wanted to say hello, good evening and welcome :D

g-man Dec 11th 2005 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by macker
Hi all,

I have posted a couple of posts but would just like to say Hi formally!!!!! :)
I have just started the process (have employed an agent, she has told us we have enough points) and now after Xmas I will be sending off the proposal and getting the ball rolling. I am now reading this forum like a woman possessed and it's just a world of information so thanks to all the great contributers.

I've been looking at all areas of Australia but Brisbane just keeps calling out to me. One thing I'm confused about is the difference between the Sunshine coast and the Gold Coast. Is one better than the other? Everyones tastes differ I know but is one coast cheaper than the other as far as property etc, are schools pretty much the same? Is the Gold coast more affluent than the Sunshine or vice versa. All feedback greatly appreciated.

Is there a big Irish community in Brisbane? Any Irish members out there
who have been through the process and are now living in the area?

We are a family of 4. Husband is a carpenter/joiner and 2 kids - 8 yr old and 2 yr. old. Whats the work situation for carpenters? Is there a great demand for them in Brisbane.

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks

just saying hi, i cant help with any of your questions but keep looking because you wil get many answers on this site

toni

gina Dec 11th 2005 8:16 pm

hi

i dont post very often but if you want and i can help will be only to happy, you can PM me if you like.

we to are family of 4 with children of similar ages. We went to the gold coast in April and found it to be reasonable, and the schools to be better equipted than here, there were also good job ops we felt. But i believe there are also lots of other areas with the same level of choice.

hope this helps

speak soon Gina x