Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Newbie - Melbourne

Newbie - Melbourne

Old Oct 30th 2007, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

LittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really nice
Default Newbie - Melbourne

Hey, new to this section of the forum's as we have just received our visa grant! . Booked flight tix and will be landing in the warmth on the 5th December! Cant wait!!!!

For the first few months we will be staying with partners friends while we find somewhere to buy.... So will be based in Frankston... Is anyone based around there?

Just saying Hi really, and might come back here when we are there for recommendations etc...
Old Oct 31st 2007, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

charb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant future
Default Re: Newbie - Melbourne

Originally Posted by LittleHobo
Hey, new to this section of the forum's as we have just received our visa grant! . Booked flight tix and will be landing in the warmth on the 5th December! Cant wait!!!!

For the first few months we will be staying with partners friends while we find somewhere to buy.... So will be based in Frankston... Is anyone based around there?

Just saying Hi really, and might come back here when we are there for recommendations etc...
Hello there!

We are renting in Carrum Downs, (& from what I've read on here, don't hold that against us...!) which is really close to F'ston.

There myself, OH & our 5 year old son. We've been here since May, from Swindon (& don't hold that against us either!).
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

LittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really nice

Hey - i have just been going through my old threads... i never replied to this one! .

Although i now know what you mean about Carrum Downs but i have not been there yet so cant comment - just on what i have heard!

So how is it going for you...? We have been in Langwarrin for about two and a half weeks now so just settling in really....

LH
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

gidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud of

Hey - i have just been going through my old threads... i never replied to this one! .

Although i now know what you mean about Carrum Downs but i have not been there yet so cant comment - just on what i have heard!

So how is it going for you...? We have been in Langwarrin for about two and a half weeks now so just settling in really....

LH

Hi were also in Langwarrin. Just thought I'd say hello
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 9:08 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gidxg03
Hi were also in Langwarrin. Just thought I'd say hello
Hello everyone

we are in Seaford

2 Adults 2 kids (4 years, 4 days)
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

so what is everyones stats ...

boyf 28, me 30 only just though!!! no children... no animals, no home, no job (apart from casual!)... not doing very well are we!! haha...

So, currently looking for jobs, just finished sending off applications and now going for a shower - it is so humid tonight!!!!

How long have you been here..? Can you recomend places to go, decent hairdresses to use, somewhere to go local for a drink and a good butchers! All random questions but done in order of importance to me . Also do you know any electricians that are looking for an apprentice....

Been here currently 18 days in Melbourne and have currently not come face to face with any eight legged creatures - thank god!

Right off for that shower!

LH x
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

gidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud of

boyf 28, me 30 only just though!!! no children... no animals, no home, no job (apart from casual!)... not doing very well are we!! haha...

So, currently looking for jobs, just finished sending off applications and now going for a shower - it is so humid tonight!!!!

How long have you been here..? Can you recomend places to go, decent hairdresses to use, somewhere to go local for a drink and a good butchers! All random questions but done in order of importance to me . Also do you know any electricians that are looking for an apprentice....

Been here currently 18 days in Melbourne and have currently not come face to face with any eight legged creatures - thank god!

LH x
Me 33, Wife 31 and 8 year old son. Arrived in Australia Dec 15th and moved to Langwarrin about 3 weeks ago.

You probably know as much about Langwarrin as we do. Karingal shopping centre is good for most things or we usually head into Frankston. We use both the local supermarkets as well at Langwarrin Plaza and Gateway.

Not sure about nights out but the cinema at Karingal is superb. There is a local hotel and we have eaten there a few times. Was really nice. They have a lovely decking area for an afternoon drink.

Were quite taken with Langwarrin and feel it's location is superb. I'm starting work in Frankston tomorrow which should only take 10mins to drive. Only negative is the ******* hoons.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

andy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by gidxg03
Me 33, Wife 31 and 8 year old son. Arrived in Australia Dec 15th and moved to Langwarrin about 3 weeks ago.

You probably know as much about Langwarrin as we do. Karingal shopping centre is good for most things or we usually head into Frankston. We use both the local supermarkets as well at Langwarrin Plaza and Gateway.

Not sure about nights out but the cinema at Karingal is superb. There is a local hotel and we have eaten there a few times. Was really nice. They have a lovely decking area for an afternoon drink.

Were quite taken with Langwarrin and feel it's location is superb. I'm starting work in Frankston tomorrow which should only take 10mins to drive. Only negative is the ******* hoons.

Dave, The hoons are everywhere, then there's the ones who just haven't got a clue at all. You know, the stupid f*%$#&s who stop and give way when they are already on the roundabout.

Andy

PS Get to bed, back to reality tomorrow, no more lounging around in my pool from now on.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 3:13 pm
OH is STILL undecided grr

Racht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andy thomas
Dave, The hoons are everywhere, then there's the ones who just haven't got a clue at all. You know, the stupid f*%$#&s who stop and give way when they are already on the roundabout.

Andy

PS Get to bed, back to reality tomorrow, no more lounging around in my pool from now on.

Sorry but whats a hoon?
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 7:26 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Newbie - Melbourne

LH
We're building in Langwarrin - which part are you guys in?

Buzzy
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of

Hi everyone

We moved to Oz on Dec 20th and are currently renting in Lyndhurst while building at Marriott Waters - should be ready by next Jan.

Me 42, hubby 42 and 2 girls aged 10 and 8.

Any of you fancy meeting for a cuppa and a natter?

Trish
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

robertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by scrum
Hi everyone

We moved to Oz on Dec 20th and are currently renting in Lyndhurst while building at Marriott Waters - should be ready by next Jan.

Me 42, hubby 42 and 2 girls aged 10 and 8.

Any of you fancy meeting for a cuppa and a natter?

Trish

Hi, We live in Langwarrin, get the keys to our new house on Thursday, but no furniture til the endish of Feb, only been here since 10th January.
Would love to meet up for a natter and a cuppa. We have a daughter Caitlain whose 8 she started Langwarrin park school last week, seems to be settling in time will tell.

Let me know if you fancy that cuppa and we'll arrange something.

Helen
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

robertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant future

LH x
Hi,

I'm justing heading off to the hairdresses now for a cut and colour, will let you know what it's like and the price.

Helen
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by robertnhelen
Hi, We live in Langwarrin, get the keys to our new house on Thursday, but no furniture til the endish of Feb, only been here since 10th January.
Would love to meet up for a natter and a cuppa. We have a daughter Caitlain whose 8 she started Langwarrin park school last week, seems to be settling in time will tell.

Let me know if you fancy that cuppa and we'll arrange something.

Helen

Helen

That would be great. I'll PM you with my mobile number.

Trish
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 10:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

LH x
Hi LH

I got a recommendation for a butcher and having tasted his meat would never buy in the supermarket again.

He's in Karingal. I can't remember exactly where you are but if you head for Karingal shopping centre and instead of turning right into the centre parking area you go straight ahead you will see a sign for Mitre - park there as the butcher and Mitre use the same car park.

I'm actually heading out there now for the first time so will let you know how things go and what the prices are like etc.

Trish

Last edited by scrum; Feb 3rd 2008 at 10:11 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.