Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Newbie Hoping To Move To Oz

Newbie Hoping To Move To Oz

Old Feb 19th 2008, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

maxtye has a spectacular aura aboutmaxtye has a spectacular aura aboutmaxtye has a spectacular aura about
Default Newbie Hoping To Move To Oz

I've had the offer of a job in Brisbane and i have a few general questions for the group.

We are a married couple with a 5yr old boy & a 3yr old boy.

1. Which suburbs should we be looking at?
2. Whats public transport like
3. whats the crime rate in Brisbane
4. Anything else i should know?

Thanks in advance
Old Feb 19th 2008, 6:45 pm
a bit nearer

darendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nice
Cool Re: Newbie Hoping To Move To Oz

Just wanted to say welcome mate, someone will be along any minuite who is far more savvy than I.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

crocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud of
Default Re: Newbie Hoping To Move To Oz

Can be of no help whatsoever, but welcome to the site and hopefully someone will help soon.

Good Luck,

Croc
Old Feb 19th 2008, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by maxtye
I've had the offer of a job in Brisbane and i have a few general questions for the group.

We are a married couple with a 5yr old boy & a 3yr old boy.

1. Which suburbs should we be looking at?
2. Whats public transport like
3. whats the crime rate in Brisbane
4. Anything else i should know?

Thanks in advance
Hi and welcome
Firstly you need to decide how far you want to travel for your job and then you can start to narrow the suburbs down.
I understand that the public transport system is good. Not sure about the crime rate and what else do you need to know?
You might want to have a look at:
www.ourbrisbane.com.au

You can also have a look at
www.realestate.com.au

I am sure that you will get plenty of good advice on here, good luck.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 8:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Crime stats here: http://www.aic.gov.au/stats/#sources
Old Feb 19th 2008, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

maxtye has a spectacular aura aboutmaxtye has a spectacular aura aboutmaxtye has a spectacular aura about

the Office Is In Woolloongabba,

Would like to be no more than 20 min from
the office.

The Ourbrisbane site is really useful, thanks.