Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Newbie hoping to go to Adelaide 2005

Wikiposts

Newbie hoping to go to Adelaide 2005

Old Oct 31st 2004, 3:46 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie hoping to go to Adelaide 2005

Originally Posted by Chris Mitchell
hi will keep that in mind has he applied for skill assessment with ANMC first some seem to be contacting hospitals and the regions and registering with the board, but everything i've read says skills assessment first. what does he do? have you been over for interview, i am not sure about applying until visa etc sorted. are they prepared to wait till got visa or are they providing sponsorship. hope to hear from you again Chris and good luck
You can register in the state in which you wish to practice first.
Then you need only do a cheaper modified assessment for the ANC.
The ANC does not register you, that is up tp the state board.
The ANC simply does a skill assessment for DIMIA. If you apply to the state they will asess your skills for registration instead of the ANC. Hence the cheaper ANC modified assessment.

G
Old Oct 31st 2004, 5:34 am
Forum Regular

Foster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Chris Mitchell
hi will keep that in mind has he applied for skill assessment with ANMC first some seem to be contacting hospitals and the regions and registering with the board, but everything i've read says skills assessment first. what does he do? have you been over for interview, i am not sure about applying until visa etc sorted. are they prepared to wait till got visa or are they providing sponsorship. hope to hear from you again Chris and good luck
Hi Chris
James had already sent his skills assessment off before he was offered the job. He is applying for PR and the hospital is prepared to wait until visa is sorted. The Queen Elizabeth are having a big recruitment drive by the sounds of it cos there seems to be a few who have just been offered jobs with them in the last couple of weeks - they were interviewing in Manchester recently. I understand it is cheaper if you register with the state you will be practicing in first and then do a modified assessment for ANC but don't know exact figures. We are going through an agent and I think we opted for the skills assessment first for speed.
Hope this helps
Joanne
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 5:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

does anyone know where is best to look for midwifery vacancies in Adelaide.
Old Nov 4th 2004, 1:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Just like to say welcome & that we have something in common.....

From Sue & Chris Mitchell

All the best with your application!
Old Nov 7th 2004, 4:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Hi Sue thanks for the welcome really finding site extremely useful. my brother is also a Chris so can get very confusing at familydoes!! where you planning on going and how far into process Chris
Old Nov 7th 2004, 4:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Foster Clan
Hi Chris
James had already sent his skills assessment off before he was offered the job. He is applying for PR and the hospital is prepared to wait until visa is sorted. The Queen Elizabeth are having a big recruitment drive by the sounds of it cos there seems to be a few who have just been offered jobs with them in the last couple of weeks - they were interviewing in Manchester recently. I understand it is cheaper if you register with the state you will be practicing in first and then do a modified assessment for ANC but don't know exact figures. We are going through an agent and I think we opted for the skills assessment first for speed.
Hope this helps
Joanne
Hi Joanne i contacted Q E had a 2 very nice replies they are reorganizing maternity services but suggested i contact them in the new year, wished me a merry xmas, cant believe they are thinking about that, my head is too full of this to worry bout that. from what i have found out think you are going about iot like us skills assess , then visa skilled ind from the advice on here you appear to be better that way not tied to a region or employer which with kids i think will give us more control. good luck Chris