Reload this Page >

Newbie help... very early stages of consideration

Newbie help... very early stages of consideration

Old Oct 31st 2012, 1:08 pm
Just Joined

2littleboys is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newbie help... very early stages of consideration

Hi folks

Looking for some advice be it good or bad on a possible move from the UK. My partner is a Carpenter/Joiner and as you are probably aware things in the UK building trade are non existent at the moment so we have been searching online for options to lead our family to a better way of life.

We filled in the Skilled Visa application and it was succesful and someone is going to call us tonight to discuss it further.

As the title states it is all very early stages but just want to hear other peoples stories, our boys are 6 and 18 months and I am also a qualified bookeeper/accounts assistant.

Thanks in advance folks
Old Oct 31st 2012, 1:12 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie help... very early stages of consideration

Originally Posted by 2littleboys
Hi folks

Looking for some advice be it good or bad on a possible move from the UK. My partner is a Carpenter/Joiner and as you are probably aware things in the UK building trade are non existent at the moment so we have been searching online for options to lead our family to a better way of life.

We filled in the Skilled Visa application and it was succesful and someone is going to call us tonight to discuss it further.

As the title states it is all very early stages but just want to hear other peoples stories, our boys are 6 and 18 months and I am also a qualified bookeeper/accounts assistant.

Thanks in advance folks
Hi there and welcome to the forum.

I see you've found the main forum but if you get stuck trying to find stuff, you can contact me here.

There is a lot to read, so get stuck in!

I'm sure that anyone with any specifice advice will be along soon.

Enjoy B.E.
Old Oct 31st 2012, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome
That sounds like an agency. Make sure they are MARA registered if you are going down the agency route.

Have a good look through here yourself http://www.immi.gov.au/immigration/ to see if you what visa you may be eligible for and as Sherlock says above, have a good look round this site as there is loads of great info here.

Old Nov 1st 2012, 7:44 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Hi folks

Thanks in advance folks
If you want a second opinion on Visa info etc - I can recommend Steve O'Neil at www.iscah.com
They offer FREE advice!

Use the "Search" at the top of the page to look for a specific key word or question.

Good luck
Old Nov 1st 2012, 1:41 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome.

I'm guessing you're wanting general info so I'll leave this thread here but for more Immigration info you may want to head over to the Immigration Forum. You've been given the DIAC link above, when you get there take a look at the SkillSelect pages.

Many people don't use agents, they do it themselves, it's generally quite straightforward and obviously way cheaper. Others like the support a MARA registered agent gives them so it's entirely up to you.

Have you been to Aus, is there any state/territory you're interested in?