Reload this Page >

Newbie geordie pommie in Melbourne

Newbie geordie pommie in Melbourne

Old Dec 31st 2006, 7:47 am
Just Joined

bal1213 will become famous soon enough
Default Newbie geordie pommie in Melbourne

Hello

just wanted to say hi really. we are new here and dont really know anyone yet. We have 3 children, a girl aged 9, and 2 boys aged 4 and 1.
we've recently arrived from the cold North east of england to the rather warm, eastern suburbs of Melbourne.
we are temporarily in mt waverley but due to move into our new home in Sandringham, in 2 weeks.

would love to meet up with anyone, we are`feeling a little isolated.
Old Dec 31st 2006, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all
Default Re: Newbie geordie pommie in Melbourne

Originally Posted by bal1213
Hello

just wanted to say hi really. we are new here and dont really know anyone yet. We have 3 children, a girl aged 9, and 2 boys aged 4 and 1.
we've recently arrived from the cold North east of england to the rather warm, eastern suburbs of Melbourne.
we are temporarily in mt waverley but due to move into our new home in Sandringham, in 2 weeks.

welcome to australia from a ex north eastener (spennymoor):scared:
Old Jan 1st 2007, 2:06 am
Just Joined

stressed scouser is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello

Hi
we have been here 10 weeks we are living in Mornington which is a little further down the peninsula We have a daughter of 9 (mum i`m bored ) who would also love to meet up ,My husband is a carpenter .Happy to help in any way I can schools family allowance crockery dvds toys for the kids please feel free to email
Don`t be a stranger husband happy to meet up as well .
It does get better trust me

Best regards
Sue Dixon

Last edited by stressed scouser; Jan 1st 2007 at 2:10 am. Reason: put phone number in by mistake
Old Jan 1st 2007, 2:27 am
Newbie!

Spikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to all

Hi there!

I posted on the meet up forum the other day about a daytime meet with kids during the summer holidays - I have a boy of 6 and a girl who is nearly 4 and they're both in need of different playmates.

We're in Rowville which is also East Melbourne and have been here in Oz about a month, if you PM me I can give you my contact details if you like!
Old Jan 1st 2007, 1:11 pm
Windsors

Hi there..
We are not there yet and still really thinking about it but so nervous about making that decision and worried about my husband getting a job (he is in insurance). I also hear that it is a really long process getting a job? I have Australian Citizenship and a passport already so can't see us having a problem getting in but it is such a big move and I am quite scared but also feel it is the right thing to do and Christmas has confirmed that. We have a little boy who is 1 this month so want to do it whilst he is little. Like the sound of Greensborough and already know an Australian who lives there but what places would you suggest to look into and did you rent a self service apartment and what is it like living in Melbourne??
Sorry so many questions but you have kids and live there....:scared:

Windsor Clan

Old Jan 2nd 2007, 3:23 am
Newbie!

Spikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Windsors
Hi there..
We are not there yet and still really thinking about it but so nervous about making that decision and worried about my husband getting a job (he is in insurance). I also hear that it is a really long process getting a job? I have Australian Citizenship and a passport already so can't see us having a problem getting in but it is such a big move and I am quite scared but also feel it is the right thing to do and Christmas has confirmed that. We have a little boy who is 1 this month so want to do it whilst he is little. Like the sound of Greensborough and already know an Australian who lives there but what places would you suggest to look into and did you rent a self service apartment and what is it like living in Melbourne??
Sorry so many questions but you have kids and live there....:scared:

Windsor Clan
Not the OP but my H was offered a job within 2 weeks of us arriving (he's in IT). It was also a job they'd had open a long time as they couldn't find anyone to fit the criteria until my H applied.

Could your H look online and see what jobs are about in insurance to give him some idea of how much work is available?

It is a big decision but I think you're right in that it's easier when the children are small - we started our application when my son was 3 and daughter was 1 - they're now 6 and 3.5 and we'd hoped to be here before - though they are adapting well and as long as we're together as a family they don't seem to mind which country they're in at this age!

Not sure about self service apts as we stayed with my sister in law when we arrived but have a search on this site or start a thread with your questions on the Australia forum, I'm sure lots of people will be able to help!

Good luck with your decision - our way of thinking was that we wanted to give it a go and didn't want to stay in the UK and regret not trying life in Oz when we are old!
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 9:54 am
Just Joined

bal1213 will become famous soon enough

hello windsor clan

we are in serviced accommodation at the moment in mt waverley, its great. a 2 bed bungalow, very clean and has everything you need.

we also had the job worry but my H (also in IT) got offered a job 3 days after arriving in mel, and started working 4 days later. he sent his cv to an agency the week before we left the uk. Could your h do that?

we started the visa appplication 3 years ago and had thought about moving here for a year or 2 before that. we too wanted to come while children were young. we just didnt want to look back and say we had never tried and so far we dont regret moving at all, we love it here...
Old Jan 4th 2007, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Newbie geordie pommie in Melbourne

Originally Posted by stressed scouser
Hi
we have been here 10 weeks we are living in Mornington which is a little further down the peninsula We have a daughter of 9 (mum i`m bored ) who would also love to meet up ,My husband is a carpenter .Happy to help in any way I can schools family allowance crockery dvds toys for the kids please feel free to email
Don`t be a stranger husband happy to meet up as well .
It does get better trust me

Best regards
Sue Dixon
Hi Sue,
Just registered today, what a great bunch you are on this site, finding it really helpful.

I too will be living on the Mornington Penninsula. Hopefully Mt Eliza or Mornington. Any other areas you can suggest I look into? I have a daughter who is 9 and 3 sons aged 2 1/2 and 13 mths (twins). I have an aunt who lives in Mt Eliza, but she hasn't been much help, despite promising that she would do anything.....

What school does your daughter go to? My daughter is 10 March 31st, when will she start college? jan/feb 08 or 09? If she needs to go to Primary, I hear Kunyung Primary is ok.. What do you think? Nice area?

My personal email is address removed any photo's or anything on Mornington or surrounding areas would be great if not too much trouble..

Hope you're settling in ok, hopefully speak soon, take care.. s-j

Last edited by Pollyana; Jan 9th 2007 at 11:06 am. Reason: please contact member via forum - posting personal addresses is not allowed
Old Jan 7th 2007, 11:13 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Hello

We are just up the road in Malvern with one 3 year old daughter going on 15.
Old Jan 9th 2007, 5:15 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there to all the recent new arrivals in Melbourne.

Maybe worth looking at with regards to getting in contact with other Brits in Victoria is to look here.

Quite a few BE members post there as well, but its a site purely for Victorian expats.

Britvics :
http://s7.invisionfree.com/BritVics/index.php?act=idx