Reload this Page >

Newbie with a few questions

Newbie with a few questions

Old Dec 10th 2003, 1:13 pm
Just Joined

ScottW is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Newbie with a few questions

Hello all,

About to start the process of moving to NZ from Staffordshire UK. I have a million an one questions to ask but the first one is this.

How long does the process take, assuming all of the pre-req's are met, before you can expect to receive the go ahead from the NZ immigration dept?

Thanks in advance and you'll be hearing a lot more from me soon.
Old Dec 10th 2003, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of
Default Re: Newbie with a few questions

Originally posted by ScottW
Hello all,

About to start the process of moving to NZ from Staffordshire UK. I have a million an one questions to ask but the first one is this.

How long does the process take, assuming all of the pre-req's are met, before you can expect to receive the go ahead from the NZ immigration dept?

Hi ScottW,

I can't give you that info about NZ migration, but I can say in general that it will take a lot longer than you expect. An awful lot of time is spent assembling paperwork for the application, so start thinking about references, college transcripts etc. now rather than partway through the process.

Good Luck.
Old Dec 10th 2003, 1:17 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie with a few questions

Originally posted by ScottW
Hello all,

Can't help you at all I'm afraid, but just wanted to say hello and welcome you to the forum...

Somebody will be along soon to answer your questions
Old Dec 10th 2003, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

WheelsOfSteel is on a distinguished road

Depends on what type of visa you are going for. First things first and I would line a job up. With that, the rest will fall into place.

With a job offer you could ( may have changed since the NZIS changed the procedure) walk into the ZNIS in London and walk out with a 2 yr work visa (subject to having the correct forms).

You then have the logistics of shifting yourself and that's down to how quickly you can get you stuff together, etc.