Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New Years Eve in Sydney - What you doing?

New Years Eve in Sydney - What you doing?

Old Sep 1st 2006, 2:56 pm
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute
Default New Years Eve in Sydney - What you doing?

We're hopefully going to be in Sydney by early November and are on the edge of booking a boat on the harbour for New Years Eve at http://www.bennelong.net.au/. Works out at $350 each for 6 hours on the harbour with free booze for the first 4 hours, food etc., etc. Looked at a few of these and this seems to be the best value.

What's everyone else doing? Never been in Sydney on New Year but would imagine the harbourside to be organised chaos. Anybody been on one of these boat deals before? What did they think???

Graham
Old Sep 1st 2006, 3:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of
Default Re: New Years Eve in Sydney - What you doing?

Originally Posted by northerner
We're hopefully going to be in Sydney by early November and are on the edge of booking a boat on the harbour for New Years Eve at http://www.bennelong.net.au/. Works out at $350 each for 6 hours on the harbour with free booze for the first 4 hours, food etc., etc. Looked at a few of these and this seems to be the best value.

What's everyone else doing? Never been in Sydney on New Year but would imagine the harbourside to be organised chaos. Anybody been on one of these boat deals before? What did they think???

Graham
I'll hopefully be in Melbourne so can't really help but just wanted to say that sounds a fab deal!
That's about £150 which for six hours and free food and booze seems a bargain!
Hope you enjoy it
Old Sep 1st 2006, 3:51 pm
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be there. No idea what i'll be doing. But one thing for sure. I'll be pissed.
Old Sep 1st 2006, 4:52 pm

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jockstar
I'll be there. No idea what i'll be doing. But one thing for sure. I'll be pissed.
On new years eve?? Surely not!

Have you had a new year there before?? If so what did you do??

Graham
Old Sep 1st 2006, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

suzysu is an unknown quantity at this point

We went to the Opera House last NYE. Amazing!! Tickets were $350 which included an after party (free drinks and food). Excellent view of the fireworks. Would defintely recommend to everyone.
We are going back to the UK for xmas this year, but will definately be going back to the opera house next year.

Su
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 12:07 am
Forum Regular

Watty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to all

Hi Graham

We spent Dec 04 and NYE in Sydney and we used a company called Fiesta Cruises, they were brill and very friendly (they even wrote us a reference as part of our defacto evidence!!). They picked us up at Darling Harbour for 7pm. Inc in price was food and all beer, wine and bubbly (spirits not free) till 1.00/1.30am. Think we only paid $100 each. (food is buffet). We saw the 9pm fireworks at Darling Harbour and of course THE firework display at midnight. Fab views.

www.fiestacruises.com.au

We would recommend them without a doubt. We were the lead boat on the parade.

Have fun

Watty'n'Arls
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 12:32 am
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

We spent Dec 04 right down at the front of the harbour by the cruise terminal. Didn't cosdt us a bean and we had an excellent view of the fireworks. My only advice would be get there early because they stop people going down after it gets too crowded...oh and take something to pee in !
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 1:54 am

Originally Posted by suzimc
...oh and take something to pee in !
:scared: That's what I'm worried about if we don't get on the water!!!!

Graham
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 3:01 am
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

:scared: That's what I'm worried about if we don't get on the water!!!!

Graham
I would be...after 4 hours, several and NO public toilets in the area you're enclosed in, you're not fussy where you go!
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by suzimc
I would be...after 4 hours, several and NO public toilets in the area you're enclosed in, you're not fussy where you go!
Nice! We've just got back from the Leeds music festival so could cope without too many problems but really like the idea of being out on the water with cold , music, food, toilets and a great view....

Anybody got a private boat they're willing to lend us LOL

Graham
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Last year we took ourselves, the kids and my mum and dad to Blues Point Reserve.

It was just fantastic as a site. Most of the afternoon it was not too crowded and the kids played in the playground and paddled in the water. We took our beach tent and chairs etc and had a picnic. There were toilets on site - they got busy during the evening, but they were kept clean and stocked with toilet paper.

We walked from the local station - it was not too far - my mum had badly broken her leg the year before so we wanted something we could walk to easily.

We were literally just in front of the bridge and could also see the opera house. The view was just amazing. It's somewhere I would definitely go back to again. People enjoyed themselves but it was not spoiled by pissed up idiots.

At the end of the evening we had no problems getting back onto a train and were home (to near Casle Hill) before 2.00am.

Rudi
x
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 10:50 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

On new years eve?? Surely not!

Have you had a new year there before?? If so what did you do??

Graham

The one and only time i spent in Oz for NY was 2001. No one really knew what to do. But a friends friend was organising a rave. So went to that. Great. BYO booze aswell. Cheap and great. Very messsy. Very messy.
I like the idea of going on a boat for 100 bucks. Might do that this year as it will be the wife s first vsit to Oz. Something different.

Last edited by Jockstar; Sep 2nd 2006 at 12:07 pm.
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by Jockstar
The one and only time i spent in Oz for NY was 2001. No one reallyb knew what to fo. But a friends friend was orgaising a rave. So went to that. Great. BYO booze aswell. Cheap and great. Very messsy. Very messy.
I like the idea of going on a boat for 100 bucks. Might do that this year as it will be the wife s first vsit to Oz. Something different.
You won't get anything for $100. That link posted earlier have sold out for this year but are selling for 2007 already at $350.

Think that's about the best deal.

Graham
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 11:15 am
Freedom!

You won't get anything for $100. That link posted earlier have sold out for this year but are selling for 2007 already at $350.

Think that's about the best deal.

Graham

$350? :scared: **** that!
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 11:58 am
A horse walks into a bar.

russmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond repute

Oyster Bar, right on the harbour NYE 03, brill night, expensive though $350 as well

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.