Reload this Page >

New Years Eve Sydney

New Years Eve Sydney

Old Oct 26th 2005, 12:51 pm
Living the dream downunde

Location: MeadowBank, Sydney, Aussie Land of Sea,Sun and Seashells
rapitts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Years Eve Sydney

Well this year I've splashed out, well I've spent 3 nye sitting huddled on the foreshore along with the other 10 million people so I thought this time it is going to be different and sure enough it will be !!!!!

Not saying much otherwise the missus will find out, but we will be seeing the fireworks in style !!!!
Old Oct 27th 2005, 6:53 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice
Default Re: New Years Eve Sydney

Originally Posted by rapitts
Well this year I've splashed out, well I've spent 3 nye sitting huddled on the foreshore along with the other 10 million people so I thought this time it is going to be different and sure enough it will be !!!!!

Not saying much otherwise the missus will find out, but we will be seeing the fireworks in style !!!!
Penthouse suite on circular quay then??

SS
Old Oct 27th 2005, 6:58 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
Penthouse suite on circular quay then??

SS
Floaty boaty in the bay?
Old Dec 27th 2005, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

suzysu is an unknown quantity at this point

Well ronnie (rapitts) has spoilt me this year!!

We're off to the Opera House for NYE. Going to the concert and then the NYE party there. Been out today splashing out on new clothes (well its a good excuse to!!).

I'm sooooo looking forward to NYE.

Hope everyones had a good xmas and happy new year!!

Su
Old Dec 27th 2005, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

kbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant future

What's New Years Eve like in Sydney ? Do people tend go out ? Currently living in Toronto and it is a very low key event here, not many venture out and the pubs etc close just after 12.
Old Dec 27th 2005, 5:59 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kbryant
What's New Years Eve like in Sydney ? Do people tend go out ? Currently living in Toronto and it is a very low key event here, not many venture out and the pubs etc close just after 12.
I was there a few years back and it is absolutely huge -1000's of people go out and make an evening of it - you need to get there early afternoon to get a good spot !
Old Dec 28th 2005, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Originally Posted by kbryant
What's it like in Sydney?

AMAZING

I was there for the Millenium, by the Opera House for the fireworks, then to Bondi for what was left of the massive Mobile Home gig with Carl Cox.

SS
Old Dec 28th 2005, 9:06 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

We have three young (ish) kids and are planning to go and see the earlier 9.30 firework session. (We can then get them home and put to bed before seeing in the New Year on our own!!!) Any tips for a successful outing?

Cheers

Binbird
Old Dec 28th 2005, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by binbird
We have three young (ish) kids and are planning to go and see the earlier 9.30 firework session. (We can then get them home and put to bed before seeing in the New Year on our own!!!) Any tips for a successful outing?

Cheers

Binbird
Get there early!!! It'll be worth it....

SS
Old Dec 28th 2005, 10:49 am
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light

This year is going to be our first time and we have decided to get right in the thick of it at Circular Quay. We will make a whole day and night of it and will get there in the morning. I am told theres plenty of entertainment throughout the day also. We only live 10mins drive from the Opera House so will catch a cab up there with 2 cheapo camping chairs which we can dump if it gets to much to carry home!!
I did contemplate taking our own grog but its not allowed, so we'll just have to fork out when we get there.

I'm soooo excited and really looking forward to it.
Old Dec 28th 2005, 11:41 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by binbird

Cheers

Binbird
Hi

2 years ago we were almost under the bridge at Milsons Point. Didn't get there until 10.30 - for the midnight session - and there was plenty of room. Perhaps the 9.30 session will be even easier?

It was a wonderful spot and the fireworks seemed to go off above our heads! You also get a good view of all the fireworks on the barges and the parade of boats with all their "Christmas" lights on.

There were a lot of children at that spot and it was a brilliant position in my opinion.

We did have to park some 25 minutes walk away, though.

Best you check out if the arrangements there have changed now that Luna Park is in full swing again. Luna Park itself is doing a New years Eve bash which may preclude you from using the foreshore there this year.

I reckon that anywhere over the other side near Circular Quay/Opera House will be chock-a-block and you would have to get there far too early which is not good news with children to amuse etc.

Someone recently posted a list of "official " viewing points and their capacities together with parking arrangements/public transport etc - it was very informative. Put up a search - unless someone can lay their hands on it from memory.

This year we will watch from our lounge room........ on Channel 9 !!

Jim
Old Dec 28th 2005, 11:49 am
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Hi

2 years ago we were almost under the bridge at Milsons Point. Didn't get there until 10.30 - for the midnight session - and there was plenty of room. Perhaps the 9.30 session will be even easier?

It was a wonderful spot and the fireworks seemed to go off above our heads! You also get a good view of all the fireworks on the barges and the parade of boats with all their "Christmas" lights on.

There were a lot of children at that spot and it was a brilliant position in my opinion.

We did have to park some 25 minutes walk away, though.

Best you check out if the arrangements there have changed now that Luna Park is in full swing again. Luna Park itself is doing a New years Eve bash which may preclude you from using the foreshore there this year.

I reckon that anywhere over the other side near Circular Quay/Opera House will be chock-a-block and you would have to get there far too early which is not good news with children to amuse etc.

Someone recently posted a list of "official " viewing points and their capacities together with parking arrangements/public transport etc - it was very informative. Put up a search - unless someone can lay their hands on it from memory.

This year we will watch from our lounge room........ on Channel 9 !!

Jim

Yes it was me who posted it. Heres the link again for anyone who is thinking of going.

http://www.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/nye/