Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New Years Eve Sydney

New Years Eve Sydney

Old Dec 23rd 2003, 11:55 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Years Eve Sydney

Not to be outdone by the Brissie mob what are you Sydney Siders doing for New Year. We are going up to a reserve near Vauclause where hopefully the view is less rammed than Sydney City. The fireworks on the harbour are something to be witnessed at least once but there will be big crowds.
Old Dec 24th 2003, 12:09 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Thinking of doing the same thing - all depends if we can be naffed on the night. I don't fancy public transport, so I might drive to somewhere with a view of the harbour. MUST remember my camera!!

Edit: P.S. Now off on two and a half weeks hols, but will more than likely pop in.

Happy Holidays to all.

DUP and the Long Suffering Mrs DUP

Last edited by downunderpom; Dec 24th 2003 at 12:11 am.
Old Dec 24th 2003, 2:05 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Years Eve Sydney

Originally posted by bondipom
Not to be outdone by the Brissie mob what are you Sydney Siders doing for New Year. We are going up to a reserve near Vauclause where hopefully the view is less rammed than Sydney City. The fireworks on the harbour are something to be witnessed at least once but there will be big crowds.
Christison Park up on Old South Head Road is a good spot for viewing in Vaucluse. You can see everything down the harbour because it's so high. It doesn't get too crowded - you can get there around 8.30pm (for the 9pm fireworks) and still get a standing spot. It beats having to be somewhere by 8 in the morning just to stake a good position. Only disadvantage with Vaucluse is that although you can see everything, it's a fair way away and you cannot hear the bangs or smell the smoke - so it kind of misses out on atmosphere.

However, the best spot in the Eastern Suburbs is my little secret. If I told everyone where it was - it just wouldn't be the same!
Old Dec 24th 2003, 2:18 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: New Years Eve Sydney

Originally posted by bondipom
I used to watch from the Mrs Macquaries chair area when I was first i Sydney, but that will be one of the 8am reservation spots these days ?

I agree that the Sydney Fireworks are a MUST SEE, at least once.

Old Dec 25th 2003, 10:40 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vantage Points

http://www.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/s...ints/Maps.html
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/...308726884.html

Last edited by bondipom; Dec 27th 2003 at 9:51 pm.