Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New Years Eve Brisbane What R U Doing???

New Years Eve Brisbane What R U Doing???

Old Dec 29th 2005, 2:32 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Years Eve Brisbane What R U Doing???

NEW YEARS EVE BRISBANE WHAT R U DOING???

Has anyone been to South Bank New Years Eve is it worth the trip???
Old Dec 29th 2005, 2:40 am
birmingham to brisbane

cam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nice
Default Re: New Years Eve Brisbane What R U Doing???

this will be the first year in over 8 years that i'm not djing on nye!!! :scared:

we're definately going to do to south bank .. emily is only 2 and i reckon she will LOVE the fireworks as she loved the display i put on back in the UK for bonfire night ..

I've heard it gets very very busy tho .. may catch the citycat in from hamilton rather than trying to find somewhere to park!!!
Old Dec 29th 2005, 3:24 am
chilled member

sloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau

We will be heading out the city tomorrow at 2pm and driving up to Mooloolaba for sand, sun and sea...def sea to cool down

probably spending NYE at the Surf Club
Old Dec 29th 2005, 4:19 am

Can't do the Sunshine Coast bit as at work New Years Day.. haven't seen any fireworks since we got here so getting withdrawl symptoms what with there being no Bonfire Night.
Old Dec 29th 2005, 5:11 am
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

If we hadn't a five month old baby we would be heading out to the Southbank, as it is we will probably have a BBQ in the evening with any friends or family who are free. We haven't anything organised as yet. Depending on how much sleep our little man has let us have the night before will determine whether we will be up to see the New Year in.

Katie
Old Dec 29th 2005, 6:24 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Went to South Bank last year (first time, first new year in oz). Armed with picnic and champers and kids.
Disappointed that we had to return the champers to our car (no alcohol allowed).
Otherwise, a great night.
Really!

Would suggest next time adding bacardi or scotch to your coke in picnic first! Or inject your oranges with vodka! Great being treated like a kid again and not being allowed to drink.
If I recall, there are fireworks on at 9 pm (with the kids in mind) and midnight.

It's a good night - first I ever had sober - until I got home that is. Been invited to a party this year so will skip South Bank.

Andrew
Old Dec 29th 2005, 7:49 am
Hilton`s

Hilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to all

Done South Bank when we were on holiday, so this year we are going to Main beach with a few friends, so we can watch the fireworks at surfers. Drinks a plenty.

Jane
Old Dec 29th 2005, 8:02 am

Thanks for the 'loaded drinks' tip Andrew
Old Dec 29th 2005, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

Location: lived in halesworth in suffolk, now on the sunny coast qld
debreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sloake
We will be heading out the city tomorrow at 2pm and driving up to Mooloolaba for sand, sun and sea...def sea to cool down

probably spending NYE at the Surf Club
there is a fancy dress party at Mooloolaba surf club "school uniform" & usually gets really packed , plus remember its not kiddies friendly after 9. unless its different on new yr .
have fun what ever .
debs x
Old Dec 29th 2005, 9:06 pm
chilled member

sloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debreeve
there is a fancy dress party at Mooloolaba surf club "school uniform" & usually gets really packed , plus remember its not kiddies friendly after 9. unless its different on new yr .
have fun what ever .
debs x
Thanks for the info, will head there tonight to make sure we dont have to dress up (as not packed anything like a school uniform)

As for kids.. dont have to worry about that...

And the more people the better... cant wait...

Have a great time yourself

Shane
Old Dec 30th 2005, 2:38 am

Will pass on school uniform as well especially Aus one very neighbours and home and away...LOL.

Rumour has it Redcliffe and Scarbourgh do fireworks as well.

Did you mean no kids South Bank after nine???
Old Dec 31st 2005, 5:38 am
Forum Regular

Location: lived in halesworth in suffolk, now on the sunny coast qld
debreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to all

Will pass on school uniform as well especially Aus one very neighbours and home and away...LOL.

Rumour has it Redcliffe and Scarbourgh do fireworks as well.

Did you mean no kids South Bank after nine???
no sorry .. as a general rule Mooloolaba surf club is no kiddies after nine ..
have fun all .
xx debs xx
Old Dec 31st 2005, 6:18 am

Have decided Brisbane it is for fireworks at nine and midnight if i'm still up as there seems to be quite a bit going on there.

Have a happy new year everyone.
Old Dec 31st 2005, 7:10 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Have decided Brisbane it is for fireworks at nine and midnight if i'm still up as there seems to be quite a bit going on there.

Have a happy new year everyone.

Enjoy!
Link to the South bank site: http://www.visitsouthbank.com/whats_...0000-00-00&s=3

Andrew
Old Dec 31st 2005, 7:13 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cam_uk
I've heard it gets very very busy tho .. may catch the citycat in from hamilton rather than trying to find somewhere to park!!!
I heard 100,000 people are expected so I would definitely leave the car at home.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.