British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   New Years Day (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/new-years-day-741667/)

bobbyftm Dec 12th 2011 8:30 am

New Years Day

It's become a bit of a tradition here in Brizzy for some of us Brits and others to attend The Pig 'N' Whistle on Eagle Street on New Years Day for a welcoming of the New Year Sluuuuurp :beer:. This year hopefully will be no different to others and we'll be there from about 1 ish :fingerscrossed: until staff refuse to serve us a few hours later:o.Anyone fancying a couple of beers please feel free to join us (usually about a dozen or so of us) , you'd be more than welcome :)

Carbery Dec 12th 2011 8:35 am

Re: New Years Day

Originally Posted by bobbyftm (Post 9783354)
It's become a bit of a tradition here in Brizzy for some of us Brits and others to attend The Pig 'N' Whistle on Eagle Street on New Years Day for a welcoming of the New Year Sluuuuurp :beer:. This year hopefully will be no different to others and we'll be there from about 1 ish :fingerscrossed: until staff refuse to serve us a few hours later:o.Anyone fancying a couple of beers please feel free to join us (usually about a dozen or so of us) , you'd be more than welcome :)

Sounds good mate - probably will pop up from the GC to wish you a happy new year..

bobbyftm Dec 13th 2011 8:51 am

Originally Posted by Carbery (Post 9783364)
Sounds good mate - probably will pop up from the GC to wish you a happy new year..

That'd be good mate ;)

cresta57 Dec 15th 2011 5:56 am

I believe the Minister for War & Finance has funds squirrelled away for just such an event.;) Must remember a brolly & a towel if it's to be an external event again:thumbup:

netty Dec 17th 2011 4:09 am

Me & Paul will be along as usual, and I won't be driving :thumbsup:

bobbyftm Dec 17th 2011 8:11 pm

Will be good to see all you guys again :) .Sent from Auckland where it's a tad cool to say the last :ohmy: But my oh my this ship malarky is brilliant :thumbsup::thumbsup: Put on 5kgs already :lol:

PAP01 Dec 17th 2011 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by bobbyftm (Post 9794221)
Will be good to see all you guys again :) .Sent from Auckland where it's a tad cool to say the last :ohmy: But my oh my this ship malarky is brilliant :thumbsup::thumbsup: Put on 5kgs already :lol:

You fat bast**d , you fat basta** :rofl::rofl:

night at the hilton booked :thumbup:

bobbyftm Dec 20th 2011 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by PAP01 (Post 9794379)
You fat bast**d , you fat basta** :rofl::rofl:

night at the hilton booked :thumbup:

U posh git, u posh git ! :p sent from SUNNY Wellington:thumbsup:. Merry crimbo from 4 f@t b@rstards :
eek:

PAP01 Dec 21st 2011 7:07 am

Originally Posted by bobbyftm (Post 9798942)
U posh git, u posh git ! :p sent from SUNNY Wellington:thumbsup:. Merry crimbo from 4 f@t b@rstards :
eek:

Hope your all well on the love boat :rofl::rofl:

Week after booked in the stamford for me birthday treat :D

ukchris Dec 27th 2011 7:56 am

Originally Posted by PAP01 (Post 9799588)

Happy New Year

bobbyftm Dec 27th 2011 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by PAP01 (Post 9799588)

You posh git ,you posh git ! Sent from sunny Cleveland ;)

Just weighed in and only jumped 3kgs which ain't at all bad after eating and drinking like a pig for 14 nights :o (still another 13 days holiday left so things should take a bigger downturn) :eek:

bobbyftm Dec 27th 2011 10:53 pm

C'mon then folks any more takers for the New Year's Day Social Partaaaaaaayyyyy. :fingerscrossed: We're a right royal social lot really and very friendly :thumbsup: Would love to see some more faces :fingerscrossed:

The_Hallsters Dec 29th 2011 11:02 am

Originally Posted by bobbyftm (Post 9808113)
C'mon then folks any more takers for the New Year's Day Social Partaaaaaaayyyyy. :fingerscrossed: We're a right royal social lot really and very friendly :thumbsup: Would love to see some more faces :fingerscrossed:

I will pop down with the other half - but we are out on new years eve so there will no no afternoon high jinx - maybe some hair of the dog though. How will we know who you are? We lived in the north east til this year so should be able to pick out a mackem accent.

bobbyftm Dec 29th 2011 11:23 am

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by The_Hallsters (Post 9810099)
I will pop down with the other half - but we are out on new years eve so there will no no afternoon high jinx - maybe some hair of the dog though. How will we know who you are? We lived in the north east til this year so should be able to pick out a mackem accent.

Hi there,:) strangely enough in the past there's been very few people in the pub other than us so a group of about a dozen or more should be easy to pick out hopefully :fingerscrossed: I'll pm you my phone number as well just to be on the safe side;) Oh by the way coming from the North East i would've thought you'd cope admirally with a double session :lol:

Here's a picture of a couple of participants. The Mackem's the one on the left,the one on the right is a Black Country lad wishing he was a Mackem:lol: