Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New West Sussex Meet!

New West Sussex Meet!

Old Jul 14th 2004, 9:16 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New West Sussex Meet!

Right chaps, lets try and see if we can get another meet for the West Sussex gang...can I have some feedback on what dates suit you all and we will try and narrow it down?

Lucy
Old Jul 14th 2004, 9:23 pm
Living the Oz lifestyle..

sunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant future
Default Re: New West Sussex Meet!

Hi Lucy,

We're okay for any week day night. I know that doesn't really suit most people but if anyone does fancy it we'll be there. Well.... until the end of August anyway!

Sunchaser
6 weeks, 6 days and counting!
Old Jul 15th 2004, 7:11 am

Default !

anyone?!
Old Jul 15th 2004, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Sutherland - til we find a house with a nice kitchen! Oh, even better - found one with a nice pool.
Mr. Ee will become famous soon enoughMr. Ee will become famous soon enough

Weekends best for me & family, as we live in Surrey. Crawley just 40 mins down the road though.
If a w/e let us know which one and we'll try to make it. Made the last one, but seems like only Tom did too! Naturally, didn't know who to look for and no gaggle of people talking about Oz, so left after spending an hour or two eating ice-cream and playing on the swings etc. (kids, not me).
Maybe I should wear my (very old) Ettamogah Pub t-shirt next time as a clue for anyone else...
Old Jul 15th 2004, 12:45 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Mr. Ee
Weekends best for me & family, as we live in Surrey. Crawley just 40 mins down the road though.
If a w/e let us know which one and we'll try to make it. Made the last one, but seems like only Tom did too! Naturally, didn't know who to look for and no gaggle of people talking about Oz, so left after spending an hour or two eating ice-cream and playing on the swings etc. (kids, not me).
Maybe I should wear my (very old) Ettamogah Pub t-shirt next time as a clue for anyone else...
About the only day Hubby and I can both make between now and the sept is sat 24th July.

Kala
Old Jul 15th 2004, 1:00 pm

WHen do you go to Perth?
Old Jul 15th 2004, 1:09 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally posted by lucyb
WHen do you go to Perth?
Sat 14th Aug but we are working all weekends between now and then except sat 24th Aug. Trying to make lots of Money money money

Kala
Old Jul 21st 2004, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

tomtanktop is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Mr. Ee

Yeah definately need something to look out for, we joked about looking for someone in their shorts and vest & thongs(flip flops), it was b****y cold
we were a bit shy about walking up to people and asking if they were emigrating!

Someone would have to have someting obviously Aussie about them.

Anyway were free most days until end of August, so quite easy for us, and were just down the road from Tilgate, which seemed like a good enough place, hopefully therell be some sun next time.

look forward to meeting someone soon

Tom
Old Jul 21st 2004, 11:00 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

Originally posted by tomtanktop
Yeah definately need something to look out for, we joked about looking for someone in their shorts and vest & thongs(flip flops), it was b****y cold
we were a bit shy about walking up to people and asking if they were emigrating!

Someone would have to have someting obviously Aussie about them.

Anyway were free most days until end of August, so quite easy for us, and were just down the road from Tilgate, which seemed like a good enough place, hopefully therell be some sun next time.

look forward to meeting someone soon

Tom

OkI've moved a few things around and can now make Sunday 1st Aug, whos up for then.

I'l take my hubby's Australian flag and lay it on the table so we can all find each other

Kala
Old Jul 21st 2004, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

tomtanktop is an unknown quantity at this point

well we can make it any way,
therell be me, my wife Jo, and Daisy(8) and Lottie(3)
Look forward to it (hopefully itll happen!)

Tom
Old Jul 27th 2004, 9:40 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

Originally posted by tomtanktop
well we can make it any way,
therell be me, my wife Jo, and Daisy(8) and Lottie(3)
Look forward to it (hopefully itll happen!)

Tom

Good Good

ANy more takers for this coming sunday

Tilgate Park

Kala
Old Jul 27th 2004, 9:59 am

We will be there with bells on!! Hope the weather is good.....
Old Jul 29th 2004, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

Location: Sutherland - til we find a house with a nice kitchen! Oh, even better - found one with a nice pool.
Mr. Ee will become famous soon enoughMr. Ee will become famous soon enough

We can make Sunday 1st Aug, but what time? Don't think it's been mentioned yet - assume it's 2pm ish again like last time?

Weather is supposed to be good too, so what about having a picnic under/near the shade of the clump of trees half way between the pub and lake? Gotta be better than sitting in a smoky pub?

Hope hubby's flag is large enough for us all...
Old Jul 29th 2004, 8:00 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Bump!
Old Jul 29th 2004, 8:02 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

Originally posted by Rog Williams
Bump!

How odd I have just started a new thread and then you bumped this one