Wikiposts

New or used 4x4

Old Nov 11th 2007, 2:56 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New or used 4x4

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
or a Landcruiser :-)
Nice but overpriced.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 3:02 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Nice but overpriced.
as are all Toyotas
Old Nov 11th 2007, 4:53 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Most ppl , with New or near new L.C's and PATROLS get all the gadgets fitted, long range tanks.. cb.. upgraded suspension.. fogs .. nudge and roo bars.. side steps, and then really never go off rd, they may go on Gravel roads, but that isnt off roading..

The Patrols, in my honest opinion do more serious real 4x4 off roading than any other 4by in its class.

That doesnt detract from the bloody exceptional build quality of a L.C. but not many ppl... wanna be fq'ing their 100k 4x4 up to traverse a 45 degree hill, with more pits than a french womens netball team !!

Another thing to consider, are dual cab utes... especially the navara , and triton...

Much more capable off rd, than hairdresser cars like the prado, rav4 and other shiny pearlescent paint jobbed chrome showrooms on wheels.

Also more versatile for families of 4 who want a good all round motor, that can lug camping equipment, dog in the back... etc etc etc
Old Nov 11th 2007, 5:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

So anyone know how car loans work here? Do they frontload the interest so that you pay that off before the capital like they often do in the UK. Also anyone know how much i could expect to knock them down on the price of a $45,000 pathfinder?
Old Nov 11th 2007, 5:03 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrispy
So anyone know how car loans work here? Do they frontload the interest so that you pay that off before the capital like they often do in the UK. Also anyone know how much i could expect to knock them down on the price of a $45,000 pathfinder?
45 k for a new pathfinder? is it the base model?? cos thats cheap... I would say ZILCH

We have a pathfinder, 2006. think debs paid 55 with a few gadgets added on
Old Nov 11th 2007, 5:03 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Have a look at:
http://www.discountnewcars.com.au/Ni...rbo-Diesel.cfm

I reckon you should be able to get this for about $46.5k including goodies.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 5:09 pm
Banned

Have a look at:
http://www.discountnewcars.com.au/Ni...rbo-Diesel.cfm

I reckon you should be able to get this for about $46.5k including goodies.
OTR
Dealer Delivery
CTP
Automatic
Tints
Bullbar
Fogs
Metallic Paint
Floor Mats

All adds up on top of their basic NET price
Old Nov 11th 2007, 5:16 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
OTR
Dealer Delivery
CTP
Automatic
Tints
Bullbar
Fogs
Metallic Paint
Floor Mats

All adds up on top of their basic NET price
True. I misread it. I reckon it would be closer to $50k with all those extras.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
45 k for a new pathfinder? is it the base model?? cos thats cheap... I would say ZILCH

We have a pathfinder, 2006. think debs paid 55 with a few gadgets added on
Pathfinder ST turbo diesel is list price of $44,990 without all the stamp duty, delivery charge etc whihc bring it up to about $50,000. I thought that you could haggle with the garage to get down to a price of about $40,000 without extras and stamp duty etc? I bought a Mazda recently and got a $3000 reduction in that car ($26,000 down to $23,000). Since this is almost twice that i didn't think a $5000 reduction would be out of the question or add in extras for no extra money.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 5:22 pm
Banned

Pathfinder ST turbo diesel is list price of $44,990 without all the stamp duty, delivery charge etc whihc bring it up to about $50,000. I thought that you could haggle with the garage to get down to a price of about $40,000 without extras and stamp duty etc? I bought a Mazda recently and got a $3000 reduction in that car ($26,000 down to $23,000). Since this is almost twice that i didn't think a $5000 reduction would be out of the question or add in extras for no extra money.
As previously stated in this thread, possibly could do a deal on a 2006 built , model bought in 2007. Run out models, brand new, but last years consignment.

Not easy with Pathfinders or Navaras as they are very popular.

In fact Navaras at one stage had 4 mth wait to get hold of one, when new model came out.. hence i didnt do a trade, couldnt be arsed waiting.

I wouldnt imagine you would get the discounts you are looking for on a 2007 model, 2007 build
Old Nov 11th 2007, 5:22 pm
Banned

True. I misread it. I reckon it would be closer to $50k with all those extras.
true mate, but still a bloody good deal, with the OTR and CTP.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 5:37 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

We bought a Pathfinder Ti for 55k on the road brand new, including tints, carpet mats and delivery to the airport. Thats about 8k off the standard price.

Shop around like mad and then when you've got the best price, get them to throw in some extras.

Buzzy
Old Nov 11th 2007, 5:39 pm
Extended Member

Big Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond repute

This is not doomsday ranting, this is real--> energybulletin site

Fuel is going to get a lot more expensive. Of course it depends on your circumstances and point of view, but buying a vehicle right now that consumes twice as much fuel as your average small car does not seem to be a very sensible decision.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 5:39 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
We bought a Pathfinder Ti for 55k on the road brand new, including tints, carpet mats and delivery to the airport. Thats about 8k off the standard price.

Shop around like mad and then when you've got the best price, get them to throw in some extras.

Buzzy
With mats AND delivery? Shit, they must be losing money on that deal
Old Nov 11th 2007, 5:43 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by Big Galah
This is not doomsday ranting, this is real--> energybulletin site

Fuel is going to get a lot more expensive. Of course it depends on your circumstances and point of view, but buying a vehicle right now that consumes twice as much fuel as your average small car does not seem to be a very sensible decision.
I can post links to sites that say the opposite.
Who knows?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.