new uk nurse

Old Apr 1st 2007, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

snapper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default new uk nurse

hi all,just passed my nurse diploma in uk and looking for a sponsor in south australia for the 457 visa,can anybody give me some websites or plain old good advice.....many thanks
Old Apr 1st 2007, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

scousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nice
Default Re: new uk nurse

Hi Snapper,

I am an RGN and RM, I found the sponsoring process really easy. Just searched the web for decent hospitals in the area I was interested in, (for me Brisbane and the Gold Coast), emailed them asking if they were interested in sponsoring me. Everyone of them offered me a sponsorship! I picked out the one that offered me best salary etc. and they started the process off. All pretty painless really! Apparently a 457 takes a very short time to be approved. I thought it was going to be so simple! Now I worry about when is the best time to go, so I don't feel too guilty about leaving the family!!!
Anyway, good luck, I'm sure you won't have much of a problem.

Carol xx
Old Apr 1st 2007, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute

Have you both checked out the nursing forum on this site?

Lots of info there.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

hedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nice

Originally Posted by snapper
hi all,just passed my nurse diploma in uk and looking for a sponsor in south australia for the 457 visa,can anybody give me some websites or plain old good advice.....many thanks
Hi....Its worth going onto the Nursing forum for this sort of info. I came to Oz having only been 11 months qualified and found no problem getting a job. I too came on a 457 visa and have just moved onto 136 PR as we have decided to stay.

Its worth while staying in the public system if you can for a bit as you are newly qualified as they won't get you to do all the hours that private do.

http://www.nursesboard.sa.gov.au/

http://www.rah.sa.gov.au/homepage.php (this is a good hospital!)

http://www.wch.sa.gov.au/
Old Apr 1st 2007, 11:36 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

hi all,just passed my nurse diploma in uk and looking for a sponsor in south australia for the 457 visa,can anybody give me some websites or plain old good advice
Here's some "plain old good advice".

If you want to go to South Australia and are newly qualified, why on earth don't you consider the (permanent) RSMS visa rather than the (temporary) 457?

Or get 6 months experience in the UK and go to South Australia with state sponsorship on the (permanent) Skill Matching visa?

http://www.immigration.sa.gov.au
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 3:41 pm
Just Joined

snapper is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scousercarol
Hi Snapper,

I am an RGN and RM, I found the sponsoring process really easy. Just searched the web for decent hospitals in the area I was interested in, (for me Brisbane and the Gold Coast), emailed them asking if they were interested in sponsoring me. Everyone of them offered me a sponsorship! I picked out the one that offered me best salary etc. and they started the process off. All pretty painless really! Apparently a 457 takes a very short time to be approved. I thought it was going to be so simple! Now I worry about when is the best time to go, so I don't feel too guilty about leaving the family!!!
Anyway, good luck, I'm sure you won't have much of a problem.

Carol xx
hi carol,thanks for reply,problem is no exp yet as just passed,i presume you had lots of exp
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

scousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nice

hi carol,thanks for reply,problem is no exp yet as just passed,i presume you had lots of exp
yes I have, but I'm sure if you contacted the hospital's direct you would have no problem, good luck