Wikiposts

New Toy

Old Feb 1st 2004, 11:15 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom
Talk about fate. Swell comes straight up for a try out this evening.

bummer eh
Old Feb 1st 2004, 6:24 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Second date and it lets me ride it although some pumping was needed to get it going. I tried pushing too hard once and I was thrown off.

Slowly does it.
Old Feb 1st 2004, 7:19 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Talk about fate. Swell comes straight up for a try out this evening.

never been surfing, ive done windsurfing and a mate said imagine this.

Its like windsurfing , without the sail, and your left and right legs swapped ,with a pint of boddingtons shoved down ur shorts !!

How true is that !
Old Feb 1st 2004, 7:25 pm

Your legs can be either way it is just what feels natural for you. Most people are natural footer ie with the right leg at the rear whilst others are goofy footers.

I found learning to get going at windsurfing a lot easier than standing on a board whilst catching a wave. That sail is something you can hold onto and balance with. With windsurfing you turn the board with the sail. There is no sail on a surfboard.

I only wished I had Boddingtons after every surf. Its too expensive here.
Old Feb 1st 2004, 7:29 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Your legs can be either way it is just what feels natural for you. Most people are natural footer ie with the right leg at the rear whilst others are goofy footers.

I found learning to get going at windsurfing a lot easier than standing on a board whilst catching a wave. That sail is something you can hold onto and balance with. With windsurfing you turn the board with the sail. There is no sail on a surfboard.

I only wished I had Boddingtons after every surf. Its too expensive here.

i figure my mate was takin the piss

id love to have a go, and my kids wanna try, we are heading for brissy, any good spots up there you know of, or ideas on getting kids involved?
Old Feb 1st 2004, 7:47 pm
owieb

It's a very sexy board bondi, when are we going to see a pic of you riding it?

I'm heading down to margaret river for the long weekend in March. Think I'm going to be a bit out of my depth so may do some boogie boarding instead; I can do spins and flips on that!

Happy surfing!

Old Feb 1st 2004, 7:48 pm

Originally posted by Timber Floor Au
i figure my mate was takin the piss

id love to have a go, and my kids wanna try, we are heading for brissy, any good spots up there you know of, or ideas on getting kids involved?
You have to head up the Sunshine coast or down to Surfers paradise as the islands shields the coast near Brissie.

http://www.surfingaustralia.com/orgl...p?mode=schools

The above link will have some schools. When starting almost any beach with a wave breaking on sand will do. Most surf schools will do a stand in an hour course. Generally it is on a huge soft board that is like a floating platform. Moving to the hard board is much harder, takes time but is ultimately more rewarding.

I recommend a lesson just to learn the etiquette, safety and the basics.

When you move along the face of the wave (as opposed to going straight) for the first time the adrenaline rush is amazing.
Old Feb 1st 2004, 7:51 pm

Originally posted by owieb
It's a very sexy board bondi, when are we going to see a pic of you riding it?

I'm heading down to margaret river for the long weekend in March. Think I'm going to be a bit out of my depth so may do some boogie boarding instead; I can do spins and flips on that!

Happy surfing!
Anyone bringing a camera to get a snap of me surfing ruins any chance of me getting a wave. The photographer would also have to be patient.

I think I would die at Margarets but I have also heard it is great for the esky lids (boogie boards).
Old Feb 1st 2004, 8:08 pm
Banned

You have to head up the Sunshine coast or down to Surfers paradise as the islands shields the coast near Brissie.

http://www.surfingaustralia.com/orgl...p?mode=schools

The above link will have some schools. When starting almost any beach with a wave breaking on sand will do. Most surf schools will do a stand in an hour course. Generally it is on a huge soft board that is like a floating platform. Moving to the hard board is much harder, takes time but is ultimately more rewarding.

I recommend a lesson just to learn the etiquette, safety and the basics.

When you move along the face of the wave (as opposed to going straight) for the first time the adrenaline rush is amazing.
Cheers Bondi, added it to my faves thanks
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 3:54 am
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

Just caught this thread ... the board looks good and it's good to hear you're light enough to be able to paddle over rather than dragging it through the water. You'll get a whole new experience with it
Old Feb 18th 2004, 1:17 pm

I have been struggling with the recent crowds and lack of swell but last night I really got it going. The board turns instantly and moves with fantastic speed (it felt fast compared to the 8"er). I even managed something approaching a snap off the lip.

I was "stoked".
Old Feb 18th 2004, 1:26 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Second date and it lets me ride it although some pumping was needed to get it going. I tried pushing too hard once and I was thrown off.

Slowly does it.

I have been struggling with the recent crowds and lack of swell but last night I really got it going.
you turned into swiss tony or something!!
Old Feb 18th 2004, 1:38 pm

Originally posted by hevs
you turned into swiss tony or something!!
He is in the immigration forum. Anyway selling a car is like
Old Feb 18th 2004, 2:27 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Getting the hang of surfing is like.........
go on, do it! ya know ya want to!
Old Feb 18th 2004, 2:57 pm
Purveyor of Beaches

DavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura about

After seeing a pic of Ian Dowie, I surprised you went for a model with a smaller fin

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.