Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New to the Sunshine Coast

New to the Sunshine Coast

Old Sep 27th 2007, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

Brockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant future
Default Re: New to the Sunshine Coast

Originally Posted by carolinelaurie
Hi guys

I am Caroline (34), partner is Laurie (41) have two boys aged 10 and 7. We are building on Kawana Island. Like others mention here it has a great feel about the island. Not far from the shopping centre, Mooloolaba, beaches or Maroochydore for more shops or work. Its only just over an hour to the city of Brisbane too.
We are currently renting in Sippy downs but have just bought a place in Mountain Creek for an investment to rent out to fellow brits moving over, but while our house is being built will be living here from November.
My OH is a plumber and started work last week. So if anyone fancies a chat or coffee one morning pm me.

Caroline

Hi Caroline I see you have a little place in Mountain Creek will it be available next June 2008 for renting I notice you are in it from November until your new house is ready? We are moving over hubbie starts a course in Nambour TAFE not to far away. We were over on a holiday in the summer and we too want to build in Kawana it is beautiful we looks at Sippy Downs but it is alot further out from the beach etc..

Lyndsay
Old Oct 1st 2007, 10:08 am
lol
Forum Regular

lol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant future

hi there, check out the new sunshine coast party thread, sounds like it will be a good nightout for a good cause
Old Nov 28th 2007, 11:35 pm
Just Joined

Ivan B is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Just joined the forum. Moved to Sunshine coast about 6 months ago. So far so good. Living in Bokarina. I'm irish & gf is australian. (mid twenties, no kids)Love to meet up for a beer sometime if anyones interested.

Ivan
Old Dec 5th 2007, 1:24 am
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of

Hi Ivan,

Welcome !

If you check out the meet ups section there are a few of us going out for drinks this Sat at the Mooloolaba surf club-from 7pm. Fancy a few cold ones ??

Originally Posted by Ivan B
Hi All,

Just joined the forum. Moved to Sunshine coast about 6 months ago. So far so good. Living in Bokarina. I'm irish & gf is australian. (mid twenties, no kids)Love to meet up for a beer sometime if anyones interested.

Ivan
Old Dec 5th 2007, 3:45 am
Just Joined

Ivan B is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers melaniee, I noticed a meet coming up. I'm definitely interested in a few cold ones. Hope to be there.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of

Doh-Ivan it is not this Saturday-it is next Saturday 15th !! Hope to see you there. PM me if you want mobile to know at least who someone is !

Originally Posted by melaniee
Hi Ivan,

Welcome !

If you check out the meet ups section there are a few of us going out for drinks this Sat at the Mooloolaba surf club-from 7pm. Fancy a few cold ones ??
Old Dec 8th 2007, 4:55 am
Poms in Limbo

Davelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to behold

hi Melanie!!

were in Peregian Springs, 4 weeks in
and NO KIDS in tow

feeling a bit isolated now, never see any neighbours, no jobs yet (Im a PA OH is a carpenter) ....and still no furniture arrived (Pickfords grrrr)!!!

would love to hear from any others living around Peregian/Coolum etc... for a chat, info, etc...

cheers!
Old Dec 11th 2007, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Come out on Saturday ! PM me if you want my mobile number..

Originally Posted by Davelynd7
hi Melanie!!

and NO KIDS in tow

feeling a bit isolated now, never see any neighbours, no jobs yet (Im a PA OH is a carpenter) ....and still no furniture arrived (Pickfords grrrr)!!!

would love to hear from any others living around Peregian/Coolum etc... for a chat, info, etc...

cheers!
Old Dec 11th 2007, 11:01 pm
Sassy Stockport Lass

Sue Stockport is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ivan B
Hi All,

Ivan
Hi Ivan - me and OH moved to Oz just on Monday so we are v new newbies ! We are going to the meet on Saturday. We are both 28 and no kids ... hope to see you and your girlfriend there..... sue
Old Dec 17th 2007, 7:46 am
Just Joined

mabster is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by devon33
Hi

My husband and I have emigrated and arrived in Queensland about three weeks ago and are living on the Sunshine Coast and loving it!

We are both in our late 20's and are renting a house in Kawana Island and are about to start our job search.

We would really like to meet up with people who have done the same thing !!!!

Thanks very much - look forward to hearing from you
Hi guys, My wife and I have been in Brisbane ( Strathpine) for 3 mths and are generally doing ok but we so need some more mates for a beer and just to chill with. I need a surfing buddy as well. If you fancy meeting up that would be great. I am a young 35 and my wife is 25.
Mark & Becky.
Old Dec 18th 2007, 9:37 am
wizard of aus

caribsteve is an unknown quantity at this point

hi Melanie!!

and NO KIDS in tow

cheers!
Hi we moved to peregian springs 5 weeks ago, live at inverness place, how bout you?,have a few friends already here if you need a drinking partner or ten..........what are you both doing here? for jobs i mean, how are you finding it?.

steve.
Old Dec 19th 2007, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

fific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to all

Hi all, been here four months -finding it very up and down, beautiful place to live but can be lonely while you are getting to know people and build a new life.

I've got three teenage kids who love it and have settled brilliantly - OH Paramedic doing good.

I am working for recruitment company lots of jobs for experienced professionals - www.newstaff.com.au, lots of Brits registering and employers are keen as experience is good.

Living in Sippy Downs - great for schools (Matthew Flinders and Chancellor Park) and kids, who have complete freedom - Mountain Creek popular with Brits but bad reputation for mozzies. Sippy Downs only ten minutes from beach great value for your money.

All the best to new arrivals

Fific
Old Dec 20th 2007, 6:08 pm
Just Joined

laudami is a jewel in the roughlaudami is a jewel in the roughlaudami is a jewel in the roughlaudami is a jewel in the rough

hi Melanie!!

and NO KIDS in tow

cheers!
Hi davelynd7 just read your message! We too are planning on coming to Peregian soon. Just need to sold the house so should be there by March!
My OH is also a Carpenter. Would be good to keep in touch with you.im really scared that im going to crack not knowing anyone when i arrive. Hows the work situation for your OH???is it really quiet then living at pergegian??? We will also have a quick look at Buderim when we get there as we dinit make it there on our Rekki. We also love Noosa, what ever happens we WILL be around the that area as its beautiful. Would love to hear all about how your settling in there and any other usefull info

Thanks
Old Dec 28th 2007, 12:13 pm
Just Joined

Gypsy Girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fific
Hi all, been here four months -finding it very up and down, beautiful place to live but can be lonely while you are getting to know people and build a new life.

I've got three teenage kids who love it and have settled brilliantly - OH Paramedic doing good.

I am working for recruitment company lots of jobs for experienced professionals - www.newstaff.com.au, lots of Brits registering and employers are keen as experience is good.

Living in Sippy Downs - great for schools (Matthew Flinders and Chancellor Park) and kids, who have complete freedom - Mountain Creek popular with Brits but bad reputation for mozzies. Sippy Downs only ten minutes from beach great value for your money.

All the best to new arrivals

Fific

Thats strange - I've lived in Mountain Creek for four years and don't have any more of a problem with mozzies than anyone else
Old Dec 28th 2007, 3:35 pm
Banned

currymuncher is an unknown quantity at this point

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.