Reload this Page >

New to the Sunshine Coast

New to the Sunshine Coast

Old Jul 25th 2007, 2:59 am
Just Joined

devon33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile New to the Sunshine Coast

Hi

My husband and I have emigrated and arrived in Queensland about three weeks ago and are living on the Sunshine Coast and loving it!

We are both in our late 20's and are renting a house in Kawana Island and are about to start our job search.

We would really like to meet up with people who have done the same thing !!!!

Thanks very much - look forward to hearing from you
Old Jul 25th 2007, 3:08 am
BE Enthusiast

SBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud of
Default Re: New to the Sunshine Coast

I might need a Sparky in the next couple of weeks or at least your number to pass on ....Welcome to the coast anyroad,get in touch if you get stuck.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

Brockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant future

Hi

We have just came back from our holiday from WA and Queensland I will explain went over to see friends in WA but we wanted to see Sunshine Coast as we have been seriously thinking of moving over I am glad that I saw the 2 states as WA never had a look in to Sunshine Coast. Im sorry if that sounds horrible to anyone living out there in WA but it is so secluded from everything. Anyway we stayed in Pelican Waters for a few days but we loved Kawana Island its a lovely area we also looked at Mountain Creek for the kids school. We have just arrived back home on Sunday past and our heads are mince!!! Could you give us any advice on how you looked past that etc.

Ahh
Old Jul 26th 2007, 3:39 am
Just Joined

devon33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We, like you guys had to make the choice between two states and Queensland won hands down.

We have only been here for 3 weeks so all is still really new to us. We have found Pelican Waters and Kawana Island both lovely places and it just happened that a house was available for rent in Kawana which helped us make up our minds.

We have yet to explore the mountain creek and any info you could give us on that area would be very helpful as we are only renting for six months and will then need to decide where we want to be long term.

Like you lots of head spinning but we have found the people here extremely helpful and Queensland government have also provided alot of support on integration. They would be our first point of contact for queries.

Hope this helps a little????
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 7:43 am
Just Joined

mark347 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello - me and my wife Bobbi have just moved to Coolum Beach which we're loving. We moved from Sydney, and we moved there from Warwick (UK) 2 years ago. Actually, Bobbi happens to be from Sydney, but that's not important for now.

We're in our 30's (we've just started them..) and are gradually getting out and about meeting people. We're always up for a beer or coffee or smoothie or..oh dear, now I'm just listing drinks.

I'm also trying to find a group of slightly lazy footballers who would want to have a kick around (maybe on the beach?) every so often. Or a weekly 5 a side team, although nothing too competitive. Just for fun and to enjoy seeing each other fall over and a few beers too - that sort of thing. More for the social side really. Around Coolum Beach, Noosa, or Maroochydore.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for that?

Feel free to email me direct too...(when I signed up it said that you could..somehow.)

Mark
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

selina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mark347
Hello - me and my wife Bobbi have just moved to Coolum Beach which we're loving. We moved from Sydney, and we moved there from Warwick (UK) 2 years ago. Actually, Bobbi happens to be from Sydney, but that's not important for now.

We're in our 30's (we've just started them..) and are gradually getting out and about meeting people. We're always up for a beer or coffee or smoothie or..oh dear, now I'm just listing drinks.

I'm also trying to find a group of slightly lazy footballers who would want to have a kick around (maybe on the beach?) every so often. Or a weekly 5 a side team, although nothing too competitive. Just for fun and to enjoy seeing each other fall over and a few beers too - that sort of thing. More for the social side really. Around Coolum Beach, Noosa, or Maroochydore.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for that?

Feel free to email me direct too...(when I signed up it said that you could..somehow.)

Mark
Hi Mark, if you are over 35 Maroochydore FC have an over 35's team and they play for fun and the beer after (and often before) the game of course!

Selina x

To all the other new arrivals - WELCOME!! I aim to arrange a meet for around the end of August time and I'll make a post on the 'meet ups' forum about it maybe next week XX
Old Aug 4th 2007, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

Richard007 will become famous soon enough

Hi mark. We moved over 6 weeks ago and live at sunrise beach about 10 k's north of you towards Noosa. We stayed in Coolum for a couple off weeks and loved it !!! With regards Football......im a rugby man myself.. but if i must...to meet a fellow pomme...... PM me pal
Old Aug 5th 2007, 11:33 pm
Just Joined

mark347 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi - thanks Selina - would be great to see people at the next meet up too,

Mark
Old Aug 7th 2007, 1:38 am
una
Just Joined

una is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by selina
Hi Mark, if you are over 35 Maroochydore FC have an over 35's team and they play for fun and the beer after (and often before) the game of course!

Selina x

To all the other new arrivals - WELCOME!! I aim to arrange a meet for around the end of August time and I'll make a post on the 'meet ups' forum about it maybe next week XX
Hi Selina,we are new to area,Irish!!Im a nurse OH in construction,here 6 mts would love to meet other expats,living in Wurtulla.Not sure how to post on this site.My email is [email protected] you dont mind me contacting you ,maybe you let me know when ye are all meeting again.
Thanks a lot
Una
Old Aug 8th 2007, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

selina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by una
Hi Selina,we are new to area,Irish!!Im a nurse OH in construction,here 6 mts would love to meet other expats,living in Wurtulla.Not sure how to post on this site.My email is [email protected] you dont mind me contacting you ,maybe you let me know when ye are all meeting again.
Thanks a lot
Una
Hi Una,

Have added you to my buddy list (which is now at over 60 BE members just on the Sunshine Coast) and will send you a PM when we arrange a meet up

Selina x
Old Aug 9th 2007, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by selina
Hi Una,

Have added you to my buddy list (which is now at over 60 BE members just on the Sunshine Coast) and will send you a PM when we arrange a meet up

Selina x
We are living in Mountain Creek and have been out here for 6 weeks. I am finding it really hard to find a job, just feel redundant now!!! Took us 5 weeks to find a rental which we are happy with but was a frustrating journey, would also love to meet others who have had a similar experience.

It was comforting just seeing people talking about areas I know.haha
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

Chapman is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: New to the Sunshine Coast

Hi Cath,

We're hoping to be on the sunshine coast beginning of November. Thought we'd get a holiday let for a couple of weeks to enable us to look for a 6 mth rental. Possibly looking at Little Mountain area. Have freinds in Mountain Creek and we found when we were out there two weeks ago that we could get more for our money going to Little Mountain.
Anyhow what I was going to ask is what would you suggest is the best way to go about finding a rental I don't want to be wasting money on a holiday let for more time than is necessary.

Any guidance from anyone would be much appreciated.

June AND GANG (Bill, Myles and Tayla)
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

carolinelaurie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys

I am Caroline (34), partner is Laurie (41) have two boys aged 10 and 7. We are building on Kawana Island. Like others mention here it has a great feel about the island. Not far from the shopping centre, Mooloolaba, beaches or Maroochydore for more shops or work. Its only just over an hour to the city of Brisbane too.
We are currently renting in Sippy downs but have just bought a place in Mountain Creek for an investment to rent out to fellow brits moving over, but while our house is being built will be living here from November.
My OH is a plumber and started work last week. So if anyone fancies a chat or coffee one morning pm me.

Caroline
Old Sep 24th 2007, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chapman
Hi Cath,

We're hoping to be on the sunshine coast beginning of November. Thought we'd get a holiday let for a couple of weeks to enable us to look for a 6 mth rental. Possibly looking at Little Mountain area. Have freinds in Mountain Creek and we found when we were out there two weeks ago that we could get more for our money going to Little Mountain.
Anyhow what I was going to ask is what would you suggest is the best way to go about finding a rental I don't want to be wasting money on a holiday let for more time than is necessary.

Any guidance from anyone would be much appreciated.

June AND GANG (Bill, Myles and Tayla)
Hi June and gang. Paul happens to be in real estate which covers little mountain, caloundra, pelican waters, bellavista. If you send me a PM with what you are after I will pass them onto him.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 1:02 am
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of

Is there anyone on the sunshine coast with no kids ? We have nothing against them at all We don't have any ourselves and it would be nice to meet some people who don't have any or don't have any yet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.