Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New Subscriber: Any help appreciated!

New Subscriber: Any help appreciated!

Old Nov 1st 2004, 7:03 pm
Just Joined

nightnurse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Subscriber: Any help appreciated!

hi everyone,
New members, have just lodged full application for visa. have had skills assessement approved by the A.N.C and been state nominated by South Australia, does anyone know the processing time scale, and should i go ahead with medicals before receiving corespondance from D.I.M.I.A. Also being told as i am a nurse my application will get fast tracked is this true??
Old Nov 1st 2004, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Subscriber: Any help appreciated!

Hi night nurse just wanted to say welcome to the forum and good luck with your application,yes it is true that nurses can be fast tracked because there on the modl list,im a hairdresser myself also on the modl and i fast tracked my tra and it took just 12 weeks so i assume it will be much the same for nurses,hope this is of some help,

tracey.good luckagain.
Old Nov 1st 2004, 9:45 pm
Phil is NOT a bloke!!!!

philian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by nightnurse
hi everyone,
New members, have just lodged full application for visa. have had skills assessement approved by the A.N.C and been state nominated by South Australia, does anyone know the processing time scale, and should i go ahead with medicals before receiving corespondance from D.I.M.I.A. Also being told as i am a nurse my application will get fast tracked is this true??
Hiya,

Yep nurses are definitely fast tracked. Check out www.austimeline.com. it will give you an indication of the processing times. We're nurse/PR 136 applied in June just sent medicals and police checks and think we should hear in the next 1-2 months (guide line is 4-6 months for nurses in our category). It is generally accepted that nurses get their meds done to speed up the process as it can take a month just to get them done. Obviously slowing up the process.Most people wait til they get their case number prior to sending them off (GP's often obliging and hang on to the forms til you notify them)

Good luck with it all,

Philomena

Last edited by philian4; Nov 1st 2004 at 9:54 pm.
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 6:26 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by philian4
Hiya,

Yep nurses are definitely fast tracked. Check out www.austimeline.com. it will give you an indication of the processing times. We're nurse/PR 136 applied in June just sent medicals and police checks and think we should hear in the next 1-2 months (guide line is 4-6 months for nurses in our category). It is generally accepted that nurses get their meds done to speed up the process as it can take a month just to get them done. Obviously slowing up the process.Most people wait til they get their case number prior to sending them off (GP's often obliging and hang on to the forms til you notify them)

Good luck with it all,

Philomena
Thanks for your reply, this was very helpful. visa application has just arrived in adelaide this morning. I already have my police checks so will go ahead now and organise medicals. Will be watching your progress closley, if you dont mind. good luck.
roberta
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 6:37 am
Just Joined

Hi Scissors,
Thanks for your welcome, it was appriciated. I am state nominated and visa application just arrived in adelaide this morning. Its getting to the exciting stage now, things beginning to progess quickly. We are going to adelaide, not fancy there? could do with a good hairdresses!!! Good luck with your application, will be monitoringyour progress, if you dont mind.
thanks again Roberta
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 6:37 am
Phil is NOT a bloke!!!!

philian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for your reply, this was very helpful. visa application has just arrived in adelaide this morning. I already have my police checks so will go ahead now and organise medicals. Will be watching your progress closley, if you dont mind. good luck.
roberta
No problem.........watch away!!!

I'm sure you're visa class is faster than ours, plus you are post July 1st. (But don't hold me to this!!)

Phil x
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 4:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

hi roberta no i dont mind you monitoring my progress at all,keep us informed how you get on whereabouts are you heading.

tracey.
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 4:34 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Hi nightnurse, I think you questions have been answered. I just wanted to say hi and welcome to the forum. Good luck.
Sarah
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 4:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

oops is it sarah sorry nightnurse

tracey.
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 5:06 pm

nikkers will become famous soon enoughnikkers will become famous soon enough

Hiya Nightnurse

I am also a nurse I applied in June and got my visa in September.

Have you checked the Nursing Forum? There is alot of information and the thread Frontloaded application is all of our stories of our application! You made need an hour to read it all though!

Ecando applied in July and hasn't got his visa yet.Nurses were the only occupation on the MODL that was fast tracked.I believe now post July all occupations on the MODL list are fast tracked.

I personally have found lots of support from both forums.

Nikki x
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 8:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nikkers
Hiya Nightnurse

I am also a nurse I applied in June and got my visa in September.

Have you checked the Nursing Forum? There is alot of information and the thread Frontloaded application is all of our stories of our application! You made need an hour to read it all though!

Ecando applied in July and hasn't got his visa yet.Nurses were the only occupation on the MODL that was fast tracked.I believe now post July all occupations on the MODL list are fast tracked.

I personally have found lots of support from both forums.

Nikki x
hiya nikki,
thanks for your reply, the nursing forum is very good, have started to read some of them!! When are you emigrating or have you done it? and where abouts are you planning on going?
thanks roberta
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 9:13 pm

nikkers will become famous soon enoughnikkers will become famous soon enough

hiya nikki,
thanks for your reply, the nursing forum is very good, have started to read some of them!! When are you emigrating or have you done it? and where abouts are you planning on going?
thanks roberta
Hi Roberta

We have booked our flights for December 29th and we arrive in Brisbane on the 31st at 10.35 am!

I see your going to Adelaide one of my friends has just returned from there shes a nurse married to a Dr who spent a year finishing his research before getting a consultant post in Winchester.They both really loved it and thought the hospitals were amazing!

What kind of nursing do you do?I asume you work nights

Nikki x
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 9:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice

Originally Posted by nikkers
Hi Roberta

We have booked our flights for December 29th and we arrive in Brisbane on the 31st at 10.35 am!

I see your going to Adelaide one of my friends has just returned from there shes a nurse married to a Dr who spent a year finishing his research before getting a consultant post in Winchester.They both really loved it and thought the hospitals were amazing!

What kind of nursing do you do?I asume you work nights

Nikki x
Hi Roberta just wanted to welcome you and say deffinately get your medicals done as I expect your processing time will be short.
We applied beginning of August and are just waiting now but i think if we had front loaded medicals and police checks we would know by now Unfortunately I only found the forum after we had had our request to get them so didnt know we could

anyway the yellow envelope will come soon I am sure

we too are off to sunny Brisbane to join up with 3 midwife friends I used to work with who are already there !!
Good luck with the process
Love Mary
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

my visa took 4 months and i am working in sa now as a nurse any info needed just pm me

arlene
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 7:43 am
Just Joined

Thanks Sarah,
Wish i had found this site weeks ago, been doing all this blind folded, learning as i go along. Would have front loaded application if i had know earlier,visa application just sent. Got my medical and x-ray booked for 15th november, see yours are soon, good luck.
thanks roberta

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.