Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The New South Wales thread ...

The New South Wales thread ...

Old May 16th 2007, 10:01 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default The New South Wales thread ...

Well, seems to me that certain parts of Australia dominate this 'ere forum and I, as a resident of NSW, am feeling a bit left out. I'd love to hear about people's experiences in this, the first (and dare I say, finest, state). Wasn't thinking specifically of Australia's greatest city, Sydney, since that seems to get a fair bit of airtime, but come one come all.

So - all you folks on the Northern Beaches, in the Blue Mountains, in the Southern Highlands, in the South Coast, on the Central Coast, in the Hunter, on the Tablelands. We've got the highest mountain, the whitest sand, the biggest and most beautiful city, the best dairy pastures, the finest wine region and 7million people in this country of 20million live here. Must be something good about it, right?

Fill your boots folks...
Old May 16th 2007, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The New South Wales thread ...

Originally Posted by Hutch
Well, seems to me that certain parts of Australia dominate this 'ere forum and I, as a resident of NSW, am feeling a bit left out. I'd love to hear about people's experiences in this, the first (and dare I say, finest, state). Wasn't thinking specifically of Australia's greatest city, Sydney, since that seems to get a fair bit of airtime, but come one come all.

So - all you folks on the Northern Beaches, in the Blue Mountains, in the Southern Highlands, in the South Coast, on the Central Coast, in the Hunter, on the Tablelands. We've got the highest mountain, the whitest sand, the biggest and most beautiful city, the best dairy pastures, the finest wine region and 7million people in this country of 20million live here. Must be something good about it, right?

Fill your boots folks...
It's also the most popular place for migrants - just not British ones, strangely.
Old May 16th 2007, 10:50 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: The New South Wales thread ...

We've got the the whitest sand, the most beautiful city, the best dairy pastures, the finest wine region
Ah yes, the fair city of Melbourne, NSW. How could I mistake your description?

Buzzy
Old May 16th 2007, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

electricbaby27 will become famous soon enoughelectricbaby27 will become famous soon enough

Fill your boots folks...

Shhhhhhhhhhh Keep it a secret, they'll all want to come
Old May 16th 2007, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by electricbaby27
Shhhhhhhhhhh Keep it a secret, they'll all want to come
I agree! The Hunter Valley is RUBBISH, nobody should come here. The wine especially is DISGUSTING and the people are all HORRID.
Old May 16th 2007, 1:39 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Ah yes, the fair city of Melbourne, NSW. How could I mistake your description?

Buzzy
lol - you're in denial mate ....
Old May 16th 2007, 1:40 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

lol - you're in denial mate ....
Naaah, denial's in Egypt.

I'm in London.

crap joke of the week.....

Buzzy
Old May 16th 2007, 1:42 pm
Australia's Doorman

Originally Posted by NickyC
It's also the most popular place for migrants - just not British ones, strangely.
Yep. Most peculiar. Still, I like my little bit of Oz.
Old May 16th 2007, 1:43 pm
Australia's Doorman

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Naaah, denial's in Egypt.

I'm in London.

crap joke of the week.....

Buzzy
lol- I actually originally typed - you're in that Egyptian river ... but I've cracked similar gags and tumble weeds have blown through ...

... I'll get me coat.
Old May 16th 2007, 1:43 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

NSW is the most beautiful place I've seen in Oz........ yet.

We drove up from Melly to Sydney, stayed in a place called Eden. The rolling hills and total greeness of it all was stunning.
Old May 16th 2007, 2:06 pm
Australia's Doorman

Originally Posted by TraceyW

We drove up from Melly to Sydney, stayed in a place called Eden. The rolling hills and total greeness of it all was stunning.
About 300km south of where I am... but it stays green and beautiful all the way up the coast.
Old May 16th 2007, 2:31 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Fill your boots folks...
doesn't sound boring enough for me
Old May 16th 2007, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

JulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by TraceyW

I agree. Over the years (and several visits) we have driven from Adelaide to Melbourne, Brisbane to Cairns, Brisbane to Sydney and earlier this year we drove from Melbourne to Sydney which was definitely the best of the lot.

We always thought we would live in the Blue Mountains (or Northern Beaches if we had enough money) when we eventually relocate but this last trip made us think again. It was lovely to see the green of the countrryside after travelling through poor drought stricken Victoria. It's definitely a beautiful part of the country.
Old May 16th 2007, 11:18 pm
Australia's Doorman

Originally Posted by JulesM
I agree. Over the years (and several visits) we have driven from Adelaide to Melbourne, Brisbane to Cairns, Brisbane to Sydney and earlier this year we drove from Melbourne to Sydney which was definitely the best of the lot.

We always thought we would live in the Blue Mountains (or Northern Beaches if we had enough money) when we eventually relocate but this last trip made us think again. It was lovely to see the green of the countrryside after travelling through poor drought stricken Victoria. It's definitely a beautiful part of the country.
Get your arses over here. Pick carefully and you'll get reasonable property prices, great location, semi-rurual outlook ... and good access to places like Sydney, Canberra and Wollongong.
Old May 16th 2007, 11:18 pm
Australia's Doorman

Originally Posted by northernbird
doesn't sound boring enough for me
Oi you, get back to your cross-stitching...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.