Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New to site - looking for (expat) mums in Brissie

New to site - looking for (expat) mums in Brissie

Old Dec 16th 2006, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

yorksinoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New to site - looking for (expat) mums in Brissie

Hi all. Have been living in Brisbane (Wellington Point) for about 4 months now and am struggling to meet people. I have a 16-month old daughter and am not working at the moment. Are there any mums out there who live in the Bayside area who'd like to meet up or can give me any advice on things to do & places to go?? Thanks!
Old Dec 19th 2006, 12:21 am
brisvegas

ridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud of
Default Re: New to site - looking for (expat) mums in Brissie

Originally Posted by yorksinoz
Hi all. Have been living in Brisbane (Wellington Point) for about 4 months now and am struggling to meet people. I have a 16-month old daughter and am not working at the moment. Are there any mums out there who live in the Bayside area who'd like to meet up or can give me any advice on things to do & places to go?? Thanks!
Hi yorks - welcome to the site and to Brisbane. There are plenty of expats in the bayside area - check out the Meet ups board and keep an eye out for some of the brisbane evetns - I think there is one coming up in a few weeks...
I have a 14 month son, but am working so managing to meet people that way. If you want to chat, send me a PM.

Cheers
Old Dec 21st 2006, 3:26 am
Forum Regular

yorksinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ridds
Hi yorks - welcome to the site and to Brisbane. There are plenty of expats in the bayside area - check out the Meet ups board and keep an eye out for some of the brisbane evetns - I think there is one coming up in a few weeks...
I have a 14 month son, but am working so managing to meet people that way. If you want to chat, send me a PM.

Cheers

Thanks Ridds! I'll keep a look out for a Bayside or other Brisbane meet up... would be great to meet some other expats in the area, even if they aren't other mums with little ones! Am in need of some adult company!!
Old Dec 21st 2006, 4:41 am
Wanderer

Location: Australia, Scotland, NZ, China, Spain, Scotland again wha hae!
saoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to behold

Hi yorksinoz...try the Bubhub forums to find other mums in your area (it's the Oz version of Netmums in the UK if you've ever come across that). Wish we lived nearer but we're in Boonah (find that on the map!! My daughter is the same age and her dad is Scottish so even though I'm Aussie I'm always interested in meeting up with UK expats...if only to try encourage my daughter to develop a wee accent!!! (anything's better than the Queensland drawl!). Bubhub also advertise playgroups and mums groups and all that so hopefully something turns up for you!!
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 6:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yorksinoz
Thanks Ridds! I'll keep a look out for a Bayside or other Brisbane meet up... would be great to meet some other expats in the area, even if they aren't other mums with little ones! Am in need of some adult company!!
Hi,
I'm in Birkdale, just a minutes away from you, with a 1 year old daughter. If you want to meet up for a cup of tea sometime after the new year, please send me a PM. I don't drive yet but will be starting my lessons soon.
Have a good Christmas and new year.
Cheers,
Mrs JTL