Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New to this site

Wikiposts

New to this site

Old Oct 12th 2005, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

ormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really nice
Smile New to this site

Hello everybody,

Im new to this site only found out about it when i went to the Sandown show last Saturday!
What can i tell you? Well im Sarah im 29 im married with a little boy of 6 1/2 we have thought about emigrating for years and done two lots of paper work but never sent them off something always happened or we got cold feet. But this time we are determined we have taken a migration agent to help us this time. My husband is the main applicant under his trade (electrician) plus we are being sponsered by his brother and his wife as he lives in Adelaide and has done for 12 years (he was born out there). We have his TRA certificate our forms are filled out waiting to be sent our agent is just waiting for our police checks to come back.
Even though we have family in Adelaide we are considering going to Brisbane i think its because we have heard the weather is alot nicer and jobs might be better. We have never actually been to Australia before i dont know if thats a good thing!!! My family have nt taken the news very well they just say we re being silly and we won t go but if we do it won t last!! so that just makes me want to go more!! My Son is nt liking the idea to much either being 6 1/2 he hates the fact he might not make friends and the school won t be any good. This is the only thing that worries me that my son won t like it and won t settle it scares me to death. Has anyone got any tips?
We so wish we found this site a long time ago it would of made things alot easier, plus we went to Sandown for the first time and travelled 6 1/2 hours to get there (we live in Cumbria) and it was very dissapointing so ended up going out getting a coffee then travelling all the way back you lot sounded like you had an excellent time meeting all up!!
Anyway i feel like im rambling on i get carried away on this subject lol if anyone wants to reply to me and give me some tips on anything feel free it would be nice to talk to people who are going through the same process for once.

thanks for listening Sarah
Old Oct 12th 2005, 10:22 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to this site

Originally Posted by ormrod7
Hello everybody,

Im new to this site only found out about it when i went to the Sandown show last Saturday!
What can i tell you? Well im Sarah im 29 im married with a little boy of 6 1/2 we have thought about emigrating for years and done two lots of paper work but never sent them off something always happened or we got cold feet. But this time we are determined we have taken a migration agent to help us this time. My husband is the main applicant under his trade (electrician) plus we are being sponsered by his brother and his wife as he lives in Adelaide and has done for 12 years (he was born out there). We have his TRA certificate our forms are filled out waiting to be sent our agent is just waiting for our police checks to come back.
Even though we have family in Adelaide we are considering going to Brisbane i think its because we have heard the weather is alot nicer and jobs might be better. We have never actually been to Australia before i dont know if thats a good thing!!! My family have nt taken the news very well they just say we re being silly and we won t go but if we do it won t last!! so that just makes me want to go more!! My Son is nt liking the idea to much either being 6 1/2 he hates the fact he might not make friends and the school won t be any good. This is the only thing that worries me that my son won t like it and won t settle it scares me to death. Has anyone got any tips?
We so wish we found this site a long time ago it would of made things alot easier, plus we went to Sandown for the first time and travelled 6 1/2 hours to get there (we live in Cumbria) and it was very dissapointing so ended up going out getting a coffee then travelling all the way back you lot sounded like you had an excellent time meeting all up!!
Anyway i feel like im rambling on i get carried away on this subject lol if anyone wants to reply to me and give me some tips on anything feel free it would be nice to talk to people who are going through the same process for once.

hi sarah and welcome to BE
we`ve been in adelaide for over 6 weeks now and my son jack(5) is settling in ok, he was upset leaving his friends behind that he had made at school and also saying goodbye to nanny and grandad but days finding cuttlefish,crabs and even a seahorse on the beach plus the swimming with the school here for a week have turned his head for good!
you mention that you have family in adelaide but are thinking about brisbane?
taking this into account why not fly out and stay with your rellies in adelaide(and have a nose and save cash)then gel up to brissy and check it out
Old Oct 12th 2005, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

depaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud of

Hello everybody,

Hi Sarah,

Welcome to the group..

We have also gone through the same as you with regards to dragging our feet to get this immigration done.

We actually started the whole process back in 2000 and went as far as getting hubby's trade recognised. I have since then started completing the 47sk forms on many occassions but then given up for one reason or another. We even got a sponsorship from SA but this was a good while back so we would have to apply again if we wanted to go that route.

We have now finally decided to get this off the ground as we are currently living in Saudi Arabia and our 17 year old son will be studying or doing an apprenticeship in Australia from next year. We naturally want to remain close to our children and need a place to relocate to once we leave Saudi.

Anyway, i'll stop rambling for now and wish you the best of luck with your application. It's not always easy going but I believe it will all be worth it in the end.

All the best,
Paula
Old Oct 13th 2005, 12:16 am
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sarah,
Welcome to BE.
You'll find loads of useful info on here, and some utter crap so if you need anything just ask away.
And don't worry about your family or your little boy. Ignore what you family are saying as it's your life and it's up to you what you do with it. We're having probs with my In-Laws too so know what it's like. And your son will soon adapt to his new life with loads of new friends. Tell him that they do surfing lessons as part of the PE lessons over there!
Good Luck
Julie
Old Oct 13th 2005, 12:18 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everybody,

I am new too, although i have been lurking for a long time
Welcome to BE from one newbie to another

Issie
Old Oct 13th 2005, 12:22 am
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Issie
I am new too, although i have been lurking for a long time
Welcome to BE from one newbie to another

Issie

welcome both newbies. we are a freindly bunch so no need to lurk
Old Oct 13th 2005, 12:23 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brisben
welcome both newbies. we are a freindly bunch so no need to lurk
Thanks Brisben, I have already sussed out a few characters on here, so i know who to avoid
Old Oct 13th 2005, 12:24 am
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Brisben, I have already sussed out a few characters on here, so i know who to avoid
I am so nice I have just given you two blue boxes. hows about that
Old Oct 13th 2005, 12:29 am
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point

, I have already sussed out a few characters on here, so i know who to avoid

You smart person.

Welcome

Love Suzy x
Old Oct 13th 2005, 12:30 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to the site Sarah

Don't worry about moving to Aus without having been here before. We did it and it's worked out OK. Just do lots and lots of research and speak to as many people as poss, negative and positive to get a balanced view and you should be OK

Dont worry about your boy not wanting to come either. That's normal. Most kids dont want to leave their comfort zone. Just spend lots of time with him explaining all about Aus and putting his mind at rest. Also let him do most of the talking so you understand his real reservations.

As for families not taking the move well. This is also something that happens quite a lot, just do a search on here and you'll find there has been many a thread about it.

Enjoy the site, and ask away. There's allus somone who can help

Oh....and BTW...Brissy's a great choice ....lol
Old Oct 13th 2005, 12:31 am

I am so nice I have just given you two blue boxes. hows about that
Thank you kindly dear sir
Old Oct 13th 2005, 12:32 am
Born to be wild....

Thank you kindly dear sir
Please my name is Ben.

Also known as BIG Ben
Old Oct 13th 2005, 12:35 am

Please my name is Ben.

Also known as BIG Ben

My name is Issie

Also known as dont kid a kidder
Old Oct 13th 2005, 12:36 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to you too Issie
Old Oct 13th 2005, 12:36 am
Born to be wild....

My name is Issie

Also known as dont kid a kidder

I am beginning to like you

very little

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.