Reload this Page >

New Settlers/parent & child club in Adelaide

New Settlers/parent & child club in Adelaide

Old Jul 17th 2007, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

Roo1 is on a distinguished road
Default New Settlers/parent & child club in Adelaide

Hi all,

I’m trying to put together a “club” for all the new comers to Adelaide. My initial thinking is a weekly meet for people who have emigrated from anywhere, not just the U.K.
I also want to focus on mums and dads too who could do with some adult conversation and time out whilst their little ones play in a safe environment.

I believe (thanks to Weasy) that there’s a similar group in Adelaide already called “The Settlers” group. If anyone has been to this and can pass on any tips I’d appreciate it.

I’ve booked Hallett Cove Uniting Church for Friday 20th July at 10.30am. I realize Hallett Cove kindy hold their playgroup at this time but that can’t be helped.

I would really appreciate your support. Even if you can’t make it, maybe you can pass on details to people that you know who might like to come along.

I feel it’s very important to have a support network for new comers. Even if you have been here awhile you could come along and pass on your advice.

Bring your children whatever age they are. (Or not, a child is not compulsory) I’m going to ask HC library if I can borrow some toys and I’ll make some play dough and provide colouring material for children to be occupied with.

If you would like to attend, we’d love to see you. There is no fee but I would appreciate it if you could bring a packet of biscuits/nibbles and maybe an extra toy for your child or others to play with.

Thanks and once again I’d appreciate your support on this and hopefully it will become an established group over time.

Warm Regards

Judi x