Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

NEW PROBLEM: BONUS POINTS for second language

NEW PROBLEM: BONUS POINTS for second language

Old May 8th 2002, 8:55 am
Just Joined

fairplay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NEW PROBLEM: BONUS POINTS for second language

By origin I am Pakistani and got education in Urdu medium school/college. Urdu is one of the Australia's community languages. Moreover my mother tongue is also Urdu. What proof is required for the bonus points.( All trouble from new pass mark 115.) Thanks a lot.
Old May 8th 2002, 11:13 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NEW PROBLEM: BONUS POINTS for second language

Hi,
I dont know the answer to your question but....The damned 115 point thing is causing me grief as well... I have to assess hubby's qualifiactions now....uurrgghh

Chin up...As everyone keeps saying...we'll get there in the end!!!!
Old May 8th 2002, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

fairplay is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi yvsie,
This new change in point system is affecting so many people. I think we are in the same boat. To try for bonus points of spouse's skill is also very good idea. In this regard I want to know that only assessment of my wife's skill is enough or she will have to appear for IELTS test before we lodge PR application. Thanks a lot.
Old May 8th 2002, 6:18 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi fairplay,
Dunno sorry!!
Old May 8th 2002, 7:20 pm
Kharia

fairplay <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi yvsie, This new change in point system is affecting so many people. I think we
    > are in the same boat. To try for bonus points of spouse's skill is also very good
    > idea. In this regard I want to know that only assessment of my wife's skill is
    > enough or she will have to appear for IELTS test before we lodge PR application.
    > Thanks a lot.

Hello everybody, Best wishes,

My wife is a post graduate in english but has no work experience and as such is
not in skilled occupations list at all. She has got through her IELT with the
average band score of 7 and is aged 31. can i get 5 marks to make up the shortage
of five points?

I am having a first cousin at sydney in a non designated area who is willing to
sponsor and give assurance of support.Is she eligible and as proof of relationship
will affidavits from both the sides do.

thank you.

Khaira

Old May 8th 2002, 11:20 pm
Nat

You need a letter from uni. in Pakistani stating that the language of instruction for
your undergraduate degree is in Urdu. If the transcript states that, then it's fine.
Or else... you have to take NAATI test which I have been told that it's really
difficult.

I want to get 5 more points from this community language but my uni. doesn't provide
me this letter Snobbish think that everyone in the world should know that their
language of instruction is in our national language.

"fairplay" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > By origin I am Pakistani and got education in Urdu medium school/college. Urdu is
    > one of the Australia's community languages. Moreover my mother tongue is also Urdu.
    > What proof is required for the bonus points.( All trouble from new pass mark 115.)
    > Thanks a lot.
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old May 10th 2002, 10:20 am
Jaj

>On 8 May 2002 11:21:08 -0700, [email protected] (kharia) wrote:
    >
    >My wife is a post graduate in english but has no work experience and as such is
    >not in skilled occupations list at all. She has got through her IELT with the
    >average band score of 7 and is aged 31. can i get 5 marks to make up the shortage
    >of five points?

Not from spouse skills if there is no sklill assessment or recent work experience.

>
    >I am having a first cousin at sydney in a non designated area who is willing to
    >sponsor and give assurance of support.Is she eligible and as proof of relationship
    >will affidavits from both the sides do.

First cousins in non-designated areas cannot sponsor.

Jeremy