new nz book

Old Mar 28th 2004, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

firing1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default new nz book

Hi all,
I finally found a publisher for the book i've written. it's called "a new life in new zealand" and will be in the shops in the uk from 1st May and nz and oz from 15th MAY. We are doing a book signing at Ottakars bookshop in Coventry City Centre on Sat 8th May 1 - 3p.m. We might have somebody from the emigration group with us if anyone wants to ask specific migration questions. The book doesn't deal with the process of migrating but tells the story of what we've been through as a family during our first year in NZ. Some of which you may have seen in the BBC show " Get A New Life". It's going to be weird going back to the UK even for a short visit but it will be good to catch up with family and friends and drink some UK beer.

Paul G
Old Mar 28th 2004, 5:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Well done, comes out in NZ on my birthday, will ask hubby for a copy. Planning any book signing in NZ?

Gill
Old Mar 28th 2004, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

hi,
i'm sure we will be doing signings in NZ just no firm locations yet. It will be weird as it was quite nice knowing all the publicity was in the UK and we were out of the way over here but it looks like that's all gonna change.

Paul
Old Mar 28th 2004, 7:09 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck with the launch, now you can be proud to have limp wrists.
Old Mar 28th 2004, 8:34 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Looking forward to reading it; will it be on general release in Oz so I can find it easily or have I got to start hassling the bookshops?!!!
Old Mar 28th 2004, 9:10 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new nz book

Originally posted by firing1
Hi all,
I finally found a publisher for the book i've written. it's called "a new life in new zealand" and will be in the shops in the uk from 1st May and nz and oz from 15th MAY. We are doing a book signing at Ottakars bookshop in Coventry City Centre on Sat 8th May 1 - 3p.m. We might have somebody from the emigration group with us if anyone wants to ask specific migration questions. The book doesn't deal with the process of migrating but tells the story of what we've been through as a family during our first year in NZ. Some of which you may have seen in the BBC show " Get A New Life". It's going to be weird going back to the UK even for a short visit but it will be good to catch up with family and friends and drink some UK beer.

Paul G
I look forward to it comming out

Does he die in the end or do you plan a sequel?
Old Mar 30th 2004, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

I'll find out which shops will be stocking the books in OZ and will let you know. The hero may or may not die in the end you'll have to read the book to find out. I can tell you this though he certainly develops a taste for lion red beer and say's "no worries" a lot even when in reality he has plenty.
There will be someone from the emigration group at the book signing with us on sat 8th at Ottakars in Coventry so if anyone has any specific migration questions on OZ or NZ they should be able to answer them. If you can make it we will be there between 1 and 3 p.m. If you arrive two days later though then you'll get to meet Tony Hadley (remember spandau ballet) on his book signing.

Paul
Old Jul 26th 2004, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

just a quick update. the book is doing ok and has good reviews we are just having a bit of trouble getting it into the shops so I have started my own website which I update weekly. You can get help and advice and also buy the book so check it out www.newlifeinnz.bravehost.com
cheers

Paul G