New Mums ?

Old Aug 12th 2007, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

DEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud of
Question New Mums ?

Hi Everyone,

Just hoping somebody can point us in the right direction as far as having kids and the migration process goes

Myself and partner sent our visa application off in July, so we are currently staring the 'long wait' process. We are getting married on the 24th September in Mexico, my OH is 27, nearly 28 and I am 24 nearly 25 and the thought of children has come up recently.

Depending on the outcome of the app, we are planning a recki for Sept 08 to validate the visa and to research our desired areas.

If we decide to plan children next year how would the visa situation stand up if I was to have my child in this country and then travel out to Oz ?

I feel I could not go through this without my best friend (mum) being so far away, hence the thoughts of having children here first.

Would our baby get automatic visa rights so we could take him or her into Oz when we decide to go or would we have to go through the process again ?

This may sound like a trivial situation to some of you, but I am really confused at the moment. I really want our parents to see and bond with their grandchild and not just see photos, phone calls etc

Any advice regarding this would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks
Donna & Peter.
Old Aug 12th 2007, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

the pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nice
Default Re: New Mums ?

I think you can add on bubbas to your application after it has been submitted. But you can't add on other dependents, you have to do that at the time of applying.
Check the advice in the booklets on Dimia web, that's where I remember reading that.
I'm applying for a Spouse visa though so would be worth checking coz it might be different for other types!
Hope this helps
Old Aug 14th 2007, 5:37 am
BE Enthusiast

DEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by the pursers
I think you can add on bubbas to your application after it has been submitted. But you can't add on other dependents, you have to do that at the time of applying.
Check the advice in the booklets on Dimia web, that's where I remember reading that.
I'm applying for a Spouse visa though so would be worth checking coz it might be different for other types!
Hope this helps
Thanks for the response, I will take a look at the website.

X
Old Aug 15th 2007, 3:09 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DEEDEE01
Would our baby get automatic visa rights so we could take him or her into Oz when we decide to go or would we have to go through the process again ?
Absolutely not!! You would have to sponsor for a Child Migration visa. Full application form , full fee, full medical and you would have to demonstrate how you would fulfil your sponsorship obligations toward the child.

If you have permanent visas and child is born in Australia, then child is an Australian citizen automatically.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 5:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Smile Re: New Mums ?

Thanks JAJ,

I thought this may have been the case, but wasn't too sure, think we both now know where are kids will be born !!

Thanks
Donna & Peter.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

BrisbaneBound2008 will become famous soon enough

Hiya, we had the same question for our agents when we applied - we've also opted to wait till we are out there to have kids!

On the other hand my hubby has pointed out how awful it would be for my parents taking their newborn grandchild to the other side of the world!!!! They're not particularly happy at the moment anyway so would rahter not upset them more!!!

Good luck to you both!
Old Aug 15th 2007, 9:00 pm
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BrisbaneBound2008
Hiya, we had the same question for our agents when we applied - we've also opted to wait till we are out there to have kids!

On the other hand my hubby has pointed out how awful it would be for my parents taking their newborn grandchild to the other side of the world!!!! They're not particularly happy at the moment anyway so would rahter not upset them more!!!

Good luck to you both!
yea we decided the same our selfs we have 3 boys and we want one more to complete our family and so we decided to wait on till we got to Australia before trying not only because it will make the visa process easier as far as i know its not recommended to get an x ray while pregnant some doctor do it some don't.
Ive asked my sister and my mam to come over to me im going to warn them in advance so they can be with us to see the new baby

I haven't told them we are planning that though as they are not over the moon that we are going my sister supports us and can see why but my parents and my husbands parents are not keen at all

Niamh
Old Aug 16th 2007, 3:16 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JAJ
Absolutely not!! You would have to sponsor for a Child Migration visa. Full application form , full fee, full medical and you would have to demonstrate how you would fulfil your sponsorship obligations toward the child.

If you have permanent visas and child is born in Australia, then child is an Australian citizen automatically.
I second that. JAJ knows his/her stuff so you can trust that answer.

I was in a similar situtation only I was pregnant when I applied for my visa. Once the baby was born I added him to the application and we did our medicals. So we all got visas together. When we left my son was only 8 months old so the grandparents had a really hard time letting us go. I'm sure it would have been easier if I had left earlier.

Had we been granted our visas before the baby was born we would have needed to apply for a separate child visa as JAJ mentioned. There is no problem with doing it this way even though it would take longer and cost more money.

My only concern with getting a child visa is the medicals. I'm not sure what would happen if the baby didn't pass the medicals for some reason and you still hadn't immigrated to Australia.

Another plus to having the baby in Australia is the baby bonus. I think it's now $4000 you get for having a baby.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 6:43 am
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by JAJ

Our son was born after we were granted permanent residency. Before we came out we had to rush through a visa application for him. We were the sponsors but thankfully we didn't have to do too much compared with when our sister and brother in law sponsored us. You do have to have a medical and of course this all costs a bit to. If you were to wait until you have your little one in Oz and they were a citizen etc you would also be entitled to the benefits. I am not sure but I think you actually get a lump sum to help with a newborn here in WA (don't hold me to that).

Good luck with the decision.

Poppet
Old Aug 17th 2007, 10:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PoppetUK
Our son was born after we were granted permanent residency. Before we came out we had to rush through a visa application for him. We were the sponsors but thankfully we didn't have to do too much compared with when our sister and brother in law sponsored us. You do have to have a medical and of course this all costs a bit to. If you were to wait until you have your little one in Oz and they were a citizen etc you would also be entitled to the benefits. I am not sure but I think you actually get a lump sum to help with a newborn here in WA (don't hold me to that).

Poppet
Thanks Poppet,

Just a little mixed up about the whole thing, I really want to make plans regarding this but don't want to jepordise mine and the OH's plans.

I keep thinking 'If we both wait till we get there, we can look at the areas we want to bring up a child in, and we would be a little more clued up on the whole thing', but the other half is saying, ' I really want my mum there as well as my other family and friend', we are a close knit family and I couldn't bear the thought of having a child and not having them involved.

Really confused at the moment, yet really excited !!!

Is this not a fantastic opportunity for me and the OH before we have kids ??????

Thanks
Donna & Peter.
xx
Old Aug 17th 2007, 10:44 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Is this not a fantastic opportunity for me and the OH before we have kids ??????

Thanks
Donna & Peter.
xx
this what we did, or rather what happened.
We wanted to delay visa process a bit (to avoid costly validation trip) and also wanted to start family. After visa application lodged we got down to the fun bit, lots of negative pregnancy tests, then we got the request for medical. We had extentions for doing medical, booked it, then it must have been the week before and finally a test proved positive - babies have a habit of turning up when they want, not when you decide.
Cancelled medical, requested CO put application on hold (don't want to have xray whilst pregnant) - wait another 8mths & out pops baby. Get her passport, fill in appropriate forms, all of us have medical, submit to CO, wait a bit and we all get our visas.

Then month before the big move, we talk about #2, 5 days before flying out, the little stick shows 2 solid lines - last bit don't recommend as difficult coping with tiredness in early stages & setting up a new life.

If #1 had not turned up when she had, we would have stopped trying, would have ended coming out a bit earlier that we did and tried here.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Poppet,

Just a little mixed up about the whole thing, I really want to make plans regarding this but don't want to jepordise mine and the OH's plans.

I keep thinking 'If we both wait till we get there, we can look at the areas we want to bring up a child in, and we would be a little more clued up on the whole thing', but the other half is saying, ' I really want my mum there as well as my other family and friend', we are a close knit family and I couldn't bear the thought of having a child and not having them involved.

Thanks
Donna & Peter.
xx
I can completely understand both sides to the decision and only you can choose. Many people will tell you this and I can only speak from my experience. I had my first child when I was 25 and my second 17 months later. Perhaps when you have one child you can still do certain adult things but once you've got two little ones the windows get smaller. When I first came to Australia to activate our visas I had my 10 month old and was pregnant with number 2. I can't say I liked what I saw then but by the time I had my second I was ready to give Australia another go. We needed much more for our "family". Being stuck indoors with two little ones or fighting crowded places was horrible. I still believe the best place for our kids is here.

Looking back I think there are positives and negatives to where you have kids but I think the biggest question is now or in a year or two. Life dramtically changes when you have kids (I was one of those people to that thought yeah right but it will be different for us). Relationships have new pressures etc. You have less free time. If there are places you want to see and enjoy do it before kids. (You'll get to enjoy it more). Then main things to consider though is that you will probably feel very different once you have your own family. Things take on different meanings. Everything you do after that point has another person(s) to take into consideration. Sometimes my husband and I ask each other questions like "if we hadn't had the kids would we have ended up here or done x"

Good luck with your decision. I am waffling as I am trying to entertain my 3 yr and type at the same time. Hope this adds some value.

ps

Perhaps one of the hardest things for me was leaving my friends behind that I had grown so close to. My bestfriend is from one of my post-natal groups often you do have a close connection to those friends. It will be harder emotionally to leave after having a little one than before I can tell you that much.
Old Aug 18th 2007, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

can't help you make your decision, but we had first bub here with no family around.
it was hard, but friends rallied around and mums and bubs groups run by our local council have been a godsend. we are just back from a 6 week visit to uk to introduce little one to family- it was hard on them, but they were already used to us beibng away. shge is now 6 months and travelling was very easy with her at this age (unlike typing with her on my lap!)
Old Aug 18th 2007, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

yorksinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,

Just hoping somebody can point us in the right direction as far as having kids and the migration process goes

Myself and partner sent our visa application off in July, so we are currently staring the 'long wait' process. We are getting married on the 24th September in Mexico, my OH is 27, nearly 28 and I am 24 nearly 25 and the thought of children has come up recently.

Depending on the outcome of the app, we are planning a recki for Sept 08 to validate the visa and to research our desired areas.

If we decide to plan children next year how would the visa situation stand up if I was to have my child in this country and then travel out to Oz ?

I feel I could not go through this without my best friend (mum) being so far away, hence the thoughts of having children here first.

This may sound like a trivial situation to some of you, but I am really confused at the moment. I really want our parents to see and bond with their grandchild and not just see photos, phone calls etc

Any advice regarding this would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks
Donna & Peter.
Hi

We had a similar situation...

We decided to start trying for a baby while our visa application was underway, as didn't want to put it off any longer, and had no idea if/when we were going to get the visa through or when we'd actually move to Oz if we did get the visa. Predictably, we got our visa approval in December '04, about 3 weeks after falling pregnant! We then came to Oz in March '05 (when I was pregnant) in order to validate our visa before the year was up (and not wanting to fly with a very young baby). After our little one was born (in England) in August '05, we then applied for her to be added to our visa (very simple process, just involved a bit more money, some more forms and a very quick 'medical' for the baby - no xrays, just a doc appointment) - approval on this came through very quickly. We then waited until August '06 before moving out here, mainly for work-related reasons - although it also gave the families a chance to have some time with our daughter before we left. It all worked out fine!
Old Aug 18th 2007, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by yorksinoz
Hi

We had a similar situation...

We decided to start trying for a baby while our visa application was underway, as didn't want to put it off any longer, and had no idea if/when we were going to get the visa through or when we'd actually move to Oz if we did get the visa. Predictably, we got our visa approval in December '04, about 3 weeks after falling pregnant! We then came to Oz in March '05 (when I was pregnant) in order to validate our visa before the year was up (and not wanting to fly with a very young baby). After our little one was born (in England) in August '05, we then applied for her to be added to our visa (very simple process, just involved a bit more money, some more forms and a very quick 'medical' for the baby - no xrays, just a doc appointment) - approval on this came through very quickly. We then waited until August '06 before moving out here, mainly for work-related reasons - although it also gave the families a chance to have some time with our daughter before we left. It all worked out fine!
This is a good point. If you do fall pregnant and your visas come through you have to activate your visas. We had to travel to come in the early stages of pregnancy to activate visas we then had our second child back in England. We needed more time to make the decision to come over so it work out ok for us. When it was time to get the visa for our 2nd born it was pretty straight forward

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.