Reload this Page >

New Members Tale of woe

New Members Tale of woe

Old Sep 3rd 2006, 5:01 pm
Just Joined

bighalls will become famous soon enough
Question New Members Tale of woe

Hi all,
Have just come across this site and thought i would share our story so far...

My partner and I (+ 4 kids) started the Aus migration process in Oct last year. We are applying for a skilled independent sub-class 139, with an AOS from her father, who is an Aussie citizen.

My trade is on the MODL so we SHOULD be treated as a priority application!

The toughest part to date without doubt was gathering ALL the paperwork for the TRA, getting references, Certificates, Indentures, Birth Certificates and certified copies of everything blah d blah....

Although we had been living together we also had to prove that,by sending certified copies of bills, bank accounts etc.....

Anyway, we did recieve TRA approval at Christmas and our application was logged with DIMA March 31st 06.

In July we decided to get ahead of the game and get our medicals and Police check done (I also had to get one from the FBI, because I worked in the USA for 1 year).

We are now playing the frustrating waiting game, getting ASPC Processing times every Tue. We are entering our 6th month since lodging our application but allocation to a case officer is VERY slow. After a static 5 weeks it finally moved to March 15 the for Offshore priority applications, so hoping we may hear from immigration in the next few weeks. At this point they should only hopefully ask for Police Checks (done), Medicals (done) and an interview with my partners father for the AOS (he's ready and waiting).

We also have 4 children so the costs are quite expensive. but if we succeed it will be money well spent!

Can anyone give me any advice on how the AOS works?

Will keep you all posted with progress.
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 5:38 pm
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Members Tale of woe

Originally Posted by bighalls
Hi all,
Have just come across this site and thought i would share our story so far...

My partner and I (+ 4 kids) started the Aus migration process in Oct last year. We are applying for a skilled independent sub-class 139, with an AOS from her father, who is an Aussie citizen.

My trade is on the MODL so we SHOULD be treated as a priority application!

The toughest part to date without doubt was gathering ALL the paperwork for the TRA, getting references, Certificates, Indentures, Birth Certificates and certified copies of everything blah d blah....

Although we had been living together we also had to prove that,by sending certified copies of bills, bank accounts etc.....

Anyway, we did recieve TRA approval at Christmas and our application was logged with DIMA March 31st 06.

In July we decided to get ahead of the game and get our medicals and Police check done (I also had to get one from the FBI, because I worked in the USA for 1 year).

We are now playing the frustrating waiting game, getting ASPC Processing times every Tue. We are entering our 6th month since lodging our application but allocation to a case officer is VERY slow. After a static 5 weeks it finally moved to March 15 the for Offshore priority applications, so hoping we may hear from immigration in the next few weeks. At this point they should only hopefully ask for Police Checks (done), Medicals (done) and an interview with my partners father for the AOS (he's ready and waiting).

We also have 4 children so the costs are quite expensive. but if we succeed it will be money well spent!

Will keep you all posted with progress.
Join the club. We're March MODL applicants still waiting for contact of some kind from ASPC. Hopefully will hear this week.

Graham
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by northerner
Join the club. We're March MODL applicants still waiting for contact of some kind from ASPC. Hopefully will hear this week.

Graham
Thanks Graham,
What date in March?
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

I cant really help you with the AOS question but just to let you know that I'm in the same boat! I'm also going on a 139 visa which was received by ASPC on 18th April so hopefully I wont be too far behind you!

I still need to get Police checks and Medicals sorted yet and no doubt supply info re our de-facto relationship.
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 8:15 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Have you read anything about the AOS on the DIMA or Centrelink website?

It's basically a legally enforceable commitment to repay to the Commonwealth any recoverable welfare payments you claim in the first 2 years.

There are very strict income rules for a mandatory AOS (which is the case for 139) - if your father doesn't qualify then you will have a problem.
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 8:17 pm
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

We're 139ers too from 16th May. We've just frontloaded our meds and PCs too. What do you mean when you say how does the AOS work? You know your FIL needs to go for an interview to prove his income for the last 2 years. If the interview is successful he will be asked to post the bond.

There's a load of us last 139ers on the immigration forum here

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...41#post3878041 why don't you join us?

Lots of march applicants got their COs last week so you can't be far off now

Lou
xx
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 9:04 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Weasy
Hi

We're 139ers too from 16th May. We've just frontloaded our meds and PCs too. What do you mean when you say how does the AOS work? You know your FIL needs to go for an interview to prove his income for the last 2 years. If the interview is successful he will be asked to post the bond.

There's a load of us last 139ers on the immigration forum here

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...41#post3878041 why don't you join us?

Lots of march applicants got their COs last week so you can't be far off now

Lou
xx
Hi Lou,
Have you had your case officer assigned yet?
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 9:28 pm
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

No not yet. There is one 139er (john_w) who sent his application at the end of march who got his CO last week so you must be any day now. We don't expect to get a CO for another 6-7 weeks although we're ever hopeful that it will be sooner.

Some of us obsessives put together this spreadsheet for April/May and June applicants http://www.amateurastronomy.org.uk/britexpats/may06.htm which gives timelines. Do join us over in the immigration forum - that's where you'll hear if anyone has got a CO or AOS request etc...

Lou
xx

Hi Lou,
Have you had your case officer assigned yet?