Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New member saying a big Hello to all.

Wikiposts

New member saying a big Hello to all.

Old Oct 7th 2006, 9:01 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: New member saying a big Hello to all.

Originally Posted by Rackie
Thanks in advance and nice to meet you all.

Howdy Paul

Dave
Old Oct 8th 2006, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

jobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to all
Default Re: New member saying a big Hello to all.

Hi Paul,

Like you, I'm single with a brother in Aus (Adelaide). Ive been out there 3 times now for visits and I'm around 90% through the visa process. Just waiting to do the AOS bit now, and there's plenty of that.........waiting ........

I'm just up the road from you...Northampton. I'm hoping to get to Aus by Feb or March next year.

By the way, I'm using a visa company called AMA at Manchester. You pay a fee for their service but if you give them a ring they will do a free over the phone assessment to see what visa would suit your curcumstances best. I can recommend them, they got me through the skills assessment too. Their web address is www.australiamigrate.co.uk

Good luck with it, let us all know how you get on.....

Pete.
Old Oct 8th 2006, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

KelnIan is a jewel in the roughKelnIan is a jewel in the roughKelnIan is a jewel in the roughKelnIan is a jewel in the rough

Hi Paul and Welcome!!!

The next leg of your life is a very exciting one but a rollercoaters of emotions. Ride with it all you will get there. I tryed not to think about a change of life or a better life, but just a fantastic opportunity for the family and a great life experience. Good luck with it aLL

I didn't chat much on hear, i was always busy researching. The search on hear is just fantastic. If you think to youself i wonder if...... just hop on line and search, if you can't find anything just ask, there a great bunch funny and helpful.

When you think your all alone and the only person in the world doing this, come on line there is lots of us doing or done the same thing. Nowing this stopped me feelin lonely in the process if you no what i mean. Good luck
Old Oct 9th 2006, 6:03 am
Just Joined

Rackie is an unknown quantity at this point

Just recently had a chat with my folks about my interests in emmigrating to Oz and they too have shown quite a keen interest in moving.
I think the big deciding factor is that I would be the last on my mothers side of the family to move abroad as my two older brothers are already living in Oz (Perth and Sydney).

Hoping someone on here can confirm a rumour I have heard about OAP's looking to emmigrate to Oz and that is with regards to a $350'000 bond that has to be paid in advance with any Visa applications?
In addition to this bond my parents would still need to come up with the funds to buy property and fund living costs?

I have not really looked into it too deeply myself as I have plenty of paperwork to sift through for my own application but would appreciate if somenone can possibly elaborate on this situaion for retiree's/OAP's looking to move to Australia.

Again I apologise if this is a repeated thread that may already be in discussion/has already been discussed.

Kind regards,
Paul.