Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New member saying a big Hello to all.

New member saying a big Hello to all.

Old Oct 6th 2006, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

Rackie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New member saying a big Hello to all.

Hi there, My name is Paul and I thought I would just introduce myself.

Having just returned from a month's holiday in Perth (WA) visiting my brother (who was also a former member on this forum - Ratman) I too have now caught the Australian bug and am hoping to go through the process of applying for my Visa.

It was through recommendation from my brother that I join this forum as he found it an immense help when sourcing valuable information to assist in his Visa application.

A little bit about myself, I am a 31yr old english male, single, currently working as an IT analyst and have acheived numerous IT certifications to include MCP recognition. I have lived and worked in the UK all my life and since visiting my brother (Ratman) who moved to Perth (WA) in January 2005 I too am hoping to follow in his footsteps and join him in Perth.

I know this has been asked countless times before and I apologise in advance but if anyone can provide me with links to relevant posts and sources of information to aid in my research this would be very much appreciated .

I will however spend time going through the necessary threads already on here but as I have only just joined this will no doubt take some time to pick things up.

Thanks in advance and nice to meet you all.
Old Oct 7th 2006, 12:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New member saying a big Hello to all.

Originally Posted by Rackie

Having just returned from a month's holiday in Perth (WA) visiting my brother (who was also a former member on this forum - Ratman) I too have now caught the Australian bug and am hoping to go through the process of applying for my Visa.

It was through recommendation from my brother that I join this forum as he found it an immense help when sourcing valuable information to assist in his Visa application.

A little bit about myself, I am a 31yr old english male, single, currently working as an IT analyst and have acheived numerous IT certifications to include MCP recognition. I have lived and worked in the UK all my life and since visiting my brother (Ratman) who moved to Perth (WA) in January 2005 I too am hoping to follow in his footsteps and join him in Perth.

I know this has been asked countless times before and I apologise in advance but if anyone can provide me with links to relevant posts and sources of information to aid in my research this would be very much appreciated .

I will however spend time going through the necessary threads already on here but as I have only just joined this will no doubt take some time to pick things up.

Hello

Best place to start is www.immi.gov.au

Have a good read and find out which visa you are eligible for.
Old Oct 7th 2006, 2:37 am
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Paul and welcome!

I would advise searching through the past threads (use the search function) and have a snoop around on the web as there are several of us out there with websites which will also help you with various parts of the process. If there's something you can't find an answer to, just ask, more often than not someone will have the answer.

Good luck to you!
Suzi
Old Oct 7th 2006, 3:02 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Hi rackie,

Just wanted to say good luck with your venture.

Jackie
Old Oct 7th 2006, 7:10 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Hi

Welcome

....... and could I also suggest that you browse the relevant "Read Mes" at the top of each forum as there is lots of useful stuff in there.

Jim
Old Oct 7th 2006, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

cherh66 is just really nicecherh66 is just really nicecherh66 is just really nicecherh66 is just really nicecherh66 is just really nicecherh66 is just really nicecherh66 is just really nicecherh66 is just really nice

Hi....I joined a little while ago but have only just started using this site too.
Like you, I have also been given the bug to move to Oz from my best friend who emigrated in June. We hope to attend the exp at Earls Court in London the end of October to pick up any useful information. P.S If you have any hints on using this site let me know! It seems vast ...but my friend says it was invaluable in helping her to move to Perth. Cheryl
Old Oct 7th 2006, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cherh66
Hi....I joined a little while ago but have only just started using this site too.
Like you, I have also been given the bug to move to Oz from my best friend who emigrated in June. We hope to attend the exp at Earls Court in London the end of October to pick up any useful information. P.S If you have any hints on using this site let me know! It seems vast ...but my friend says it was invaluable in helping her to move to Perth. Cheryl
Just to say welcome to you both and don't be afraid to ask, even if it seems silly. Alot of good helpful ppl on this site who have all been through, to varying degrees, what you're abt to go through. It can be a long road but keep the chin up and persevere :scared:
Old Oct 7th 2006, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

maggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to say hi and welcome to BE good luck with your application.

Mags
Old Oct 7th 2006, 1:41 pm
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold

Just to say Hi, youve def found the best forum

Originally Posted by maggy
Just wanted to say hi and welcome to BE good luck with your application.

Mags
Old Oct 7th 2006, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

Rackie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone and thanks for the welcome

Okay after spending a few hours browsing this forum and following the various links to the following websites: ASA Group, immi.gov.au and the acs.org.au I have managed to accumalate plenty of info that I have printed off so will need to sit and have a good read one night

First impressions it seems that the type of Visa I will need to apply for would be either the Skilled - Independant Visa (subclass 136) or the Skilled - Australian Sponsored Visa (subclass 138).

My work experience in the IT industry should be sufficient however I have only acheived MCP status and a few other recognised certifications. I am in the process of studying towards MCSE 2000 which I am hoping will put me in a better position.

I am assuming that I will need to compile an RPL after reading up on the ACS website that I will need to be assessed in order to prove my skillset?

On the plus side, my brother would have been living in Perth for two years come January 2007 so I am hoping he will be able to sponsor me which will give me an extra 15 points

Any feedback/reply's are appreciated.
I am just overwhelmed by the amount of info available on this forum as it is taking some time to go through it all :scared:
Old Oct 7th 2006, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

karmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant future

Hi and welcome to the forums.
Hope you find out what you need here, I'm sure that you will as there's plenty of helpful people on here who know what they're talking about. It was a brilliant source of information for me when I was applying for my visa, which I know have. Good luck!!
Tracy
Old Oct 7th 2006, 9:08 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

All i can say is this! beware of the scots!
Old Oct 7th 2006, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

BertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
All i can say is this! beware of the scots!
why?
Old Oct 7th 2006, 9:52 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BertieB
why?

No reason! Why?
Old Oct 8th 2006, 5:46 am
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
No reason! Why?
Too true rugbymatt. You better believe it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.