Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New member needs lots of advice!!!

New member needs lots of advice!!!

Old Aug 13th 2004, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

neil&momo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New member needs lots of advice!!!

Hi,
I think it's 110 points if you go regional, not sure though, give up going on immi site since getting application in! Things changed on 1st July, not sure do know it's 120 point though for skilled independent.
luv Marie
Old Aug 14th 2004, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi try www.******************** That is who we are with but have a shop around to find one your happy with, they have been ok so far for us but quite expensive.
look at the different type of visas that are available, do have a look at the temp skill visa if you are unable to get enough points.

Good luck Sue2
Old Aug 14th 2004, 12:35 pm
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

If your case isn't clear cut then at least initially consulting with an agent would be worthwhile there are some very good ones that post on here. Try Alan Collett www.gomatilda.com and George Lombard www.austimmigration.com.au

Good Luck
Old Aug 14th 2004, 7:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

robert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=macky]Hi,

Please can anyone advise.... Have been on a site that gives an idea whether you can qualify for migration to Aus!!! After filling in details requested, came back 'Do not qualify'!!!!

My hubby is a Sales Manager (Rep) in the construction industry, and I am a trainer in the NHS. our job descriptions do not appear on SOL....

hi there dee hope this helps
i was going to do the all paper work my self but when you get a look at it all it was a daunting task the amount of info you need to get is incredible and if you get it wrong you get it back :scared:
just for the T R A I had to go back 17 years :scared: to all my previous employers for references and that was just the start i all so had to get tax and national insurance contributions from inland revenue to back up all my employment history
so we had an interview with an agent (we where advised against also) you have to go and see for your self
and we can recommend oe visas www.overseas-emigration.co.uk
they are brilliant we would not have got this far with out them just waiting for med's and police checks to be done
they are not cheep but you can pay on dd and they have a Manchester office.

Last edited by robert cowan; Aug 15th 2004 at 10:19 am.
Old Aug 15th 2004, 5:59 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macky
We have been advised 'AGAINST' an agent???? Is it helping your friend ????

Dee x
Whether using an agent adds value or not depends on how good that agent is and what your circumstances are.

Whether 'cousins of inlaws' will be of help depends on whether they are your husband's first cousins (or more distant) and on whether they live in a 'designated' area of Australia or not. If they are eligible to sponsor you (read the Skilled Migration Booklet) and willing to do so, then you should consult a good agent to see if one of you can fit into a diploma level occupation on the Skilled Occupations List.

Otherwise, it looks to me like you are going to struggle to qualify for general skilled migration, based on the information you've posted about your occupations and education background.

Jeremy

Last edited by JAJ; Aug 15th 2004 at 6:01 pm.