Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

new member! addicted already?

new member! addicted already?

Old Oct 5th 2003, 8:17 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default new member! addicted already?

Hi all,

Can I just introduce myself? How rude of me to start asking questions and not introducing myself first!

My name is Tracey and I'm married to Liam and have 2 boys aged 4 and 6. I'm a nurse and hopefully we will be going to Perth in the not to distant future (if I ever get past the first hurdle of increasing my hours!)

I'd just like to ask - did you all become addicted to this site when you first joined? I can't seem to let an hour go by, when i'm at home, without having a look to see if what others have got to say!

I burnt the dinner today (beef was very very very well done and potatoes burnt the bottom of the pan!) all because i was on here!
I was even on it at 3 am last night (the site) but I'm paying for it now though cos I'm knackered!

but seriously, great site and really friendly, helpful people

Old Oct 5th 2003, 8:22 pm

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of
Default Re: new member! addicted already?

Originally posted by tracey brien
Hi all,

Can I just introduce myself? How rude of me to start asking questions and not introducing myself first!

My name is Tracey and I'm married to Liam and have 2 boys aged 4 and 6. I'm a nurse and hopefully we will be going to Perth in the not to distant future (if I ever get past the first hurdle of increasing my hours!)

I'd just like to ask - did you all become addicted to this site when you first joined? I can't seem to let an hour go by, when i'm at home, without having a look to see if what others have got to say!

I burnt the dinner today (beef was very very very well done and potatoes burnt the bottom of the pan!) all because i was on here!
I was even on it at 3 am last night (the site) but I'm paying for it now though cos I'm knackered!

Welcome, This is a very addictive site, but also very heplful. Good luck with your mission.
Old Oct 5th 2003, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris hogan is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to the Brien family great great site very informative,also lots of laughs and some sad bits to balance things up a bit good
to see that the sad/homesick get lots of encouragment from past contacts.I sent my P.C to Aus with our funiture 3weeks ago,
the withdrawl symptoms got to much,so I recycled/borrowed this one from mate in work.Addictive to say the least.
Old Oct 5th 2003, 8:47 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tracey and family - welcome to the madhouse! Addicted already? Must be a good sign!!
Hope the beef was alright in the end...?!!
Old Oct 5th 2003, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

Tazzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Tracey, welcome to the site. I'm fairly new myself but have had a great response from the gang here. They are all extremley helpful.
If there's anything you want to know try checking the search engine first but if its just a general moan or a joke to pass the day, then lets hear from you.

Best of luck with the assessment/visa.

Tazzy
Old Oct 9th 2003, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

salonit is on a distinguished road

hi Tracey,
noticed that you are also from Manchester and moving to Perth..exactly same as us.....welcome to the site....saloni
Old Oct 9th 2003, 9:28 am
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough

Hi Tracey,
We are in the same boat. New to here and addicted already.
I'm a nurse as well. What stage are you at? Have you sent docs to ANCI yet? I'm in the process of getting all my info together. Long and laborious.
We are also going to Perth, hopefully get there by next year. Fingers crossed.
When are you hoping for??

And I've burnt the kids dinner before while being on here!!
Vicky

Hi all,

Old Oct 9th 2003, 9:43 am
tennisoz

Hi all,

Welcome Tracey.

I am a British Expat in reverse - an Aussie, Brit passport as well, married to a Scot, living in Scotland, moving back to Oz sometime in the future. I would agree with all the other comments about very useful and addictive site with a wide variety of experiences, backgrounds etc.

Good Luck

TennisOz

Old Oct 9th 2003, 10:06 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Vicky,

I have got most of the stuff required for ANC but i've come accross a snag - I only work 19 hours and need to work at least 20!

My manager is in the process of asking her manager if I can increase my hours, but it means i'll have to work thses hours for 12 months before I can apply. I aim to send of for skills assessment before that though cos it lasts 2 years. Bit of a bummer but what can I do?

Howevrer, we are looking into see if my husband can get sponsored by a company (he's a civil engineer). An agancy he has used beofre have offices in Oz. So we'll just have to wait and see. Failing that, we'll have to wait until this time next year to apply.

Best of luck with your application

Regards, Tracey
Old Oct 9th 2003, 10:17 am
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough

Tracey,
That's a shame, can't you count bank work, if you've done any??
Here's hoping to next year, anyway!!

Vicky

Hi Vicky,

I have got most of the stuff required for ANC but i've come accross a snag - I only work 19 hours and need to work at least 20!

My manager is in the process of asking her manager if I can increase my hours, but it means i'll have to work thses hours for 12 months before I can apply. I aim to send of for skills assessment before that though cos it lasts 2 years. Bit of a bummer but what can I do?

Howevrer, we are looking into see if my husband can get sponsored by a company (he's a civil engineer). An agancy he has used beofre have offices in Oz. So we'll just have to wait and see. Failing that, we'll have to wait until this time next year to apply.

Regards, Tracey
Old Oct 9th 2003, 12:59 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Tracey,

Have you considered obtaining a sponsorship from a hospital or agency in WA? That could allow you to obtain an employer sponsored 457-visa, which in turn would allow you to acquire the necessary work experience in Australia so that you can then apply for a permanent skilled visa.

Here's details of one agency that might be worth contacting:
http://www.wana.com.au

See also:
http://www.gomatilda.com/visas/faqs.cfm#04

Best regards.

Hi Vicky,

Regards, Tracey
Old Oct 10th 2003, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tracey, welcome to the mad house. I often get side tracked by the forum too - but always use the excuse that " It's in the interests of research for our future " - Fnar Fnar!!!!
Old Oct 10th 2003, 3:02 pm
happy to be here!

thanks everybody for making me feel so wlecome!

In answer to your advice Alan about employer sponsorship - I'm not sure I can go down that route as I still want to work part time, especially as I will have no mum to look after the kids!

I'm under the impression that you have to work full time, please correct me if i am wrong. If I can work part time then I will certainly consider it. By the way how much work experience do you need to get a PR?

thanks, again.

tracey
Old Oct 10th 2003, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

Andiii is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm new... and ADDICTED! LOL!

I check this site out every few hours. I check EVERY forum. Even forums of countries I never plan on visiting just because I like hearing people's stories amd advice. Not to mention, BICKERING.

Old Oct 10th 2003, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris hogan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Andiii
I'm new... and ADDICTED! LOL!

I check this site out every few hours. I check EVERY forum. Even forums of countries I never plan on visiting just because I like hearing people's stories amd advice. Not to mention, BICKERING.

Hey Andiii,
eventually you will only be able to walk away from the PC for a few hours,welcome to the site soon get to know everybody espescially the moaners and wind up merchants

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.