British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   new member (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/new-member-303943/)

flynnyman May 19th 2005 1:32 pm

hi just logged on, the site is excellent. checked on a few sites last year to see if there was any chance of moving to aus, got 115 points on all of them, there might of been a chance then, ive done it again and scored 130 and 120 on another. my trade has been added to the list (cant remember the initials) im a time served plasterer with all certs so that s not a problem. ive been self employed for 8 years and plastering 17. ive read on some posts were peaople have to get work history going back years and it looks like a headache is this made easier if youve got the quals. i would like to be going in a couple of years because my misses is going into the second year of a councilling course and my daughters just started a hairdressing apprenticeship and i also have a son of 15 from a previous relationship, any advise on which type of visa i should be looking at and any other advise would be grateful, cheers.

bridiej May 19th 2005 1:33 pm

Re: new member

Welcome! :D

Wickedsid May 19th 2005 1:35 pm

Hi Flynnyman
Can't help re the visa question, just wanted to say hello and welcome to the site. Good luck
Carole
:D

Originally Posted by flynnyman
hi just logged on, the site is excellent. checked on a few sites last year to see if there was any chance of moving to aus, got 115 points on all of them, there might of been a chance then, ive done it again and scored 130 and 120 on another. my trade has been added to the list (cant remember the initials) im a time served plasterer with all certs so that s not a problem. ive been self employed for 8 years and plastering 17. ive read on some posts were peaople have to get work history going back years and it looks like a headache is this made easier if youve got the quals. i would like to be going in a couple of years because my misses is going into the second year of a councilling course and my daughters just started a hairdressing apprenticeship and i also have a son of 15 from a previous relationship, any advise on which type of visa i should be looking at and any other advise would be grateful, cheers.

moneypenny20 May 19th 2005 1:37 pm

Probably the sort of question that would get more replies on the Immigration site. I have no idea, sorry but welcome to the loony bin.

flynnyman May 19th 2005 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Probably the sort of question that would get more replies on the Immigration site. I have no idea, sorry but welcome to the loony bin.

that was quick, how do i get to the immigration site,cheers

Vegemite Kids May 19th 2005 1:47 pm

Click on this link http://britishexpats.com/forum/forum...sprune=10&f=32

PS. Welcome :)

moneypenny20 May 19th 2005 1:47 pm

Scroll down to near bottom and there is a box on the right hand side saying "Forum Jump", click on down arrow and scroll down to "Immigration" "Australia & New Zealand". Bob's your aunty. ;)

soapy© May 19th 2005 1:49 pm

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115639

The A Team May 19th 2005 1:50 pm

Welcome!

flynnyman May 19th 2005 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by The A Team
Welcome!

nice one sussed it,cheers