Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New to Melbourne!

New to Melbourne!

Old Mar 19th 2009, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

gill and chris is just really nicegill and chris is just really nicegill and chris is just really nicegill and chris is just really nicegill and chris is just really nicegill and chris is just really nicegill and chris is just really nicegill and chris is just really nice
Default New to Melbourne!

Hi
We have just arrived in Melbourne a week ago and were wondering if there are any meet ups etc going on... We are mid 30's, have no kids and are currently living in St Kilda.
Cheers
Gill and Chris
Old Mar 20th 2009, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

CharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant future
Default Re: New to Melbourne!

Originally Posted by gill and chris
Hi
We have just arrived in Melbourne a week ago and were wondering if there are any meet ups etc going on... We are mid 30's, have no kids and are currently living in St Kilda.
Cheers
Gill and Chris
Ok this is kind of spooky in a twilight zone music kind of way, we have just arrived in Melbourne a week ago (last Thursday), are in our upper 30's, have no kids and are currently in South Yarra.

Send us a pm if you fancy meeting for a drink.
Charlene and Chris
Old Mar 21st 2009, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

mandrew is a jewel in the roughmandrew is a jewel in the roughmandrew is a jewel in the roughmandrew is a jewel in the rough

Hello. Been here 3 years, in Elwood, if i can meet up sometime too cheers. Andrew
Old Mar 24th 2009, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

gill and chris is just really nicegill and chris is just really nicegill and chris is just really nicegill and chris is just really nicegill and chris is just really nicegill and chris is just really nicegill and chris is just really nicegill and chris is just really nice

Hey
thanks for the replies!
Would be great to meet up with you all. This weekend we are quite busy as going to the Grand Prix and an AFL game but could look at the weekend after if you are around then...
Cheers
Gill and Chris
Old Mar 24th 2009, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Mr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to behold

Hey
thanks for the replies!
Would be great to meet up with you all. This weekend we are quite busy as going to the Grand Prix and an AFL game but could look at the weekend after if you are around then...
Cheers
Gill and Chris
Hi, been here nearly 2 years, im keen for a meet up too

i could wrangle a few together i think

Al
Old Mar 24th 2009, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mr Anderson
Hi, been here nearly 2 years, im keen for a meet up too

i could wrangle a few together i think

Al
Hi
That sounds great! Do you have any ideas for a decent place to meet? Have not really found many places to go out yet.....
Cheers
Gill
Old Mar 24th 2009, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to behold

Hi
That sounds great! Do you have any ideas for a decent place to meet? Have not really found many places to go out yet.....
Cheers
Gill
Hows about "the local"

its a brewhouse on carlisle street that stocks all ssorts of different things from around the world, its near to everyone, quiet enough to have a chat, and then there is all St.Kilda has to offer afterward.v Im free after 3pm on Saturdays and could make it there about 4pm

How does this sound for starters. Im open to many more suggestions

http://www.thelocal.com.au/theLocalMelbourne.html

Alan
Old Mar 25th 2009, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mr Anderson
Hows about "the local"

its a brewhouse on carlisle street that stocks all ssorts of different things from around the world, its near to everyone, quiet enough to have a chat, and then there is all St.Kilda has to offer afterward.v Im free after 3pm on Saturdays and could make it there about 4pm

How does this sound for starters. Im open to many more suggestions

http://www.thelocal.com.au/theLocalMelbourne.html

Alan
Looks good to me!!! How are people fixed for a meet a week on Saturday (the 4th April)?
Cheers
Gill and Chris
Old Mar 25th 2009, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Looks good to me!!! How are people fixed for a meet a week on Saturday (the 4th April)?
Cheers
Gill and Chris
Sounds great after 4pm for me. You guys can meeet eaqrlier if you like and i can catch up.

No probs

Alan
Old Mar 25th 2009, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

mandrew is a jewel in the roughmandrew is a jewel in the roughmandrew is a jewel in the roughmandrew is a jewel in the rough

Sounds good to me. @the local, been there, great place, i'm in Elwood so not far n'all. Keep me posted, cheers, Andrew
Old Mar 25th 2009, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mandrew
Sounds good to me. @the local, been there, great place, i'm in Elwood so not far n'all. Keep me posted, cheers, Andrew

Yes, that why picked it so it would be good for everyone (except me LOL) but i know me way around and my mate is oover that way so may stay on his couch if i can

Al
Old Mar 26th 2009, 2:25 am
Forum Regular

jeezer73 is a name known to alljeezer73 is a name known to alljeezer73 is a name known to alljeezer73 is a name known to alljeezer73 is a name known to alljeezer73 is a name known to alljeezer73 is a name known to alljeezer73 is a name known to alljeezer73 is a name known to alljeezer73 is a name known to alljeezer73 is a name known to all

Hi,

My girlfriend and I would love to come along. We've been in Melbourne/St kilda about one and a half years now and are still enjoying it
Been pretty crap on the putting ourselves out there making new friends front due to knowing a couple of people over here from London and what with work, weekends always taken up - yadda yadda!!!

Anyway would love to come along next Saturday as we're local..

James and Nicky.
Old Mar 26th 2009, 2:49 am
Forum Regular

Weird Fish is just really niceWeird Fish is just really niceWeird Fish is just really niceWeird Fish is just really niceWeird Fish is just really niceWeird Fish is just really niceWeird Fish is just really niceWeird Fish is just really niceWeird Fish is just really niceWeird Fish is just really niceWeird Fish is just really nice

I hope no one minds me mentioning this, as the intention is only to help those wanting to meet some people in Melbourne. BritVics have arranged a family meet up on the 18th April in Chelsea, I know sometimes some of the other forum members go along. There is normally a good turn out so it might be worth investigating if you are interested.
Old Mar 26th 2009, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

Alan, i know what you mean, i have a HOG! Wont be supping much, or i'll be walking home. Andrew.
Old Mar 26th 2009, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

CharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mandrew
Alan, i know what you mean, i have a HOG! Wont be supping much, or i'll be walking home. Andrew.
Bugger! we can't do next weekend as we are playing out with the Kiddies at V Festival.

Oh well let us know how it goes and hopefully if all goes well we can meet you all next time we do this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.