Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New look realestate.com.au

New look realestate.com.au

Old Apr 19th 2010, 6:59 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New look realestate.com.au

does anyone else think this once useful website has become an annoying nuisance ???
the filters ask you to choose price brackets and bedrooms - and then after it shows you a small choice of what you ask for it shows you all different bedrooms and prices and it won't bring up the photo's - now I know my eyesight isn't great but i'll be damned if I can make out from an inch square pic if the property looks any good WTF??????????
I wanted to throw my laptop out the window it drove me that insane - Domain.com.au is now bar far the better of the two which pees me off cause I did prefer realestate til some ****** messed it up. ARghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old Apr 19th 2010, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Speargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really nice
Default Re: New look realestate.com.au

Originally Posted by JenJen
does anyone else think this once useful website has become an annoying nuisance ???
the filters ask you to choose price brackets and bedrooms - and then after it shows you a small choice of what you ask for it shows you all different bedrooms and prices and it won't bring up the photo's - now I know my eyesight isn't great but i'll be damned if I can make out from an inch square pic if the property looks any good WTF??????????
I wanted to throw my laptop out the window it drove me that insane - Domain.com.au is now bar far the better of the two which pees me off cause I did prefer realestate til some ****** messed it up. ARghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
agree totally, work in real estate and it definately isnt an improvement at this time...just hope they sort the teething problems soon....
Old Apr 19th 2010, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

BudBrain has a spectacular aura aboutBudBrain has a spectacular aura aboutBudBrain has a spectacular aura about

I quite like it, especially the speed

BTW - This has been discussed recently here
Old Apr 20th 2010, 1:22 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

I think the new look site is good, it works as well as the old one did and it has the potential to get better over time. At the minute specifying air con doesnt work but this is just beacuse it will take awhile for agents to get used to the new options and start using them.
I have long wanted to be able to search for some of those options and now they finally put them in.

I think its great, also we just had a thread on this exact same subject last week
Old Apr 20th 2010, 1:28 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I like it - much better than before.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 1:35 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: New look realestate.com.au

Originally Posted by Speargun
work in real estate
Burn him!

Old Apr 20th 2010, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

Perthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I like it - much better than before.
Refine search doesn't work properly, it still shows me e.g. 3 bedroom properties when I select 4+. And I miss the 'distance' for telling me how far the property is from the CBD.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 12:39 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Perthine
Refine search doesn't work properly, it still shows me e.g. 3 bedroom properties when I select 4+. And I miss the 'distance' for telling me how far the property is from the CBD.
EXACTLY !!!!!!!!!!!!
Really helpful eh. not a better version at the mo is it

Another thread the same you say - well don't come on here that much imbetween trying to sell the house, 4 kids, brother in law dying, and trying to train for race for life so you'll have to excuse me if I'm too busy and to be quite honest can't be arsed to see if anyone else has had the same to say, if it's already there you don't need click on mine to read it again eh
Old Apr 20th 2010, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

Nikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud of

I would have to agree, there are a couple of additions like pets allowed that have been long awaited but they have taken away the ability to search by map also to put in your own price selections and it will only allow you to put in something like 22 suburbs when I really need to be able to put in 55 since it won't let me search by map aaaaaaarrghh. I've already e-mailed them on their contact us website feedback bit, hope you've all done the same so that these teething problems get sorted sooner rather than later as its doing my nut in.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

Perthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Nikki.P
I would have to agree, there are a couple of additions like pets allowed that have been long awaited but they have taken away the ability to search by map also to put in your own price selections and it will only allow you to put in something like 22 suburbs when I really need to be able to put in 55 since it won't let me search by map aaaaaaarrghh. I've already e-mailed them on their contact us website feedback bit, hope you've all done the same so that these teething problems get sorted sooner rather than later as its doing my nut in.
It is very annoying. I just emailed a website feedback to them.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

graham wade will become famous soon enough

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what realestate.com.au sent after the event.

You may have noticed some exciting changes to realestate.com.au. Today we have launched some great new tools to help you get the edge in real estate.

As a registered user, we wanted to let you know about all the great new features and importantly some changes to your saved searches, email alerts and saved properties.

Important changes:

Your email alerts, saved searches and saved properties are now stored in the new myrealestate section; your own personalised area on realestate.com.au. Your existing alerts and saved searches have been automatically transferred.
If you’ve saved any new property searches or email alerts , or made changes to existing searches or email alerts over the last few days it is possible they may not have been transferred across to your new myrealestate section. Take a few minutes to login and go to Saved Searches / Alerts area and if they are not there you will need to save them again.
Use your existing username and password to Sign In to myrealestate located at the top right-hand corner of the website. Your username is your email address. If you can't remember your password that's OK, when you Sign In just click on the 'forgotten your password' link, and we'll email it to you. .
Changes to 'surrounding suburbs'. We now split out the properties in the surrounding suburbs. What this means is:
- If you had existing email alerts and saved searches that included 'surrounding suburbs', you will now see them as separate alerts in your myrealestate section, named 'surrounding suburbs' for (the suburb(s) you have selected)

- You will still receive email alerts for all the suburbs you currently subscribe to, but they may come in different emails - this means you may receive more emails than you used to.

You can manage and change your alerts and saved searches, as well as sign up for new alerts in the Saved Searches / Alerts section of myrealestate.

Check out all the new tools and find out how House Hunters use free love, heavy metal, nudity and espionage to score the ideal property.

If you have any queries please contact us on [email protected] or better yet, try out your new realestate.com.au now!

Have Fun

The brilliant new tools on realestate.com.au include:

COMPARE:

Compare different potential homes side by side and scan all the key features on a single page.

Learn more

GET DIRECTIONS:

Makes it easy to find each property. Plans the best route between your starting address and each property.

Learn more

OFI & AUCTION TIMES:

View Open for Inspection & Auction times by day and save the times straight to your calendar.

Learn more
Old Apr 20th 2010, 11:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Evelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Perthine
It is very annoying. I just emailed a website feedback to them.
it's slow, just a pain in the a&*#$.
Old Apr 21st 2010, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

graham wade will become famous soon enough

For those people that don't like this new format or can't get it to work or think it's crap, Let's let them know [email protected]
Old Apr 21st 2010, 1:22 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Evelin
it's slow, just a pain in the a&*#$.
Old Apr 21st 2010, 1:23 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by graham wade
For those people that don't like this new format or can't get it to work or think it's crap, Let's let them know [email protected]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.