New Life wanted

Old Jan 22nd 2010, 5:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Life wanted

Originally Posted by KellyAndSteve
Hi everyone

We are a family of 6 and really want to start a new life in Australia.....But where to start!!!!

My husband is self employed and works from home on websites. He has had his own internet business for almost 12 months now.

Can anyone tell us what we need to do to get the ball rolling please and how long can it take for everything to go through before we know if we can have a new life in Oz?

Here's hoping!!!!
Originally Posted by Pollyana
Remaining relative MIGHT work, once the rest of the family are all permanent residents, but professional advice would be advisable. Australia doesn't let in family members just to be compassionate though, they would have to meet all the other requirements.
http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/115/
Well, thanks everyone, you have all given me TONS more to think about!
Kelly,

I would seek professional advice from a registered MARA agent. There are two issues I can see:-

1. ACS Skills assessment as a Web Designer
2. Your son turning 18 in June 2010

These need to be addressed ASAP if you are to proceed any further at this point.

Also how old is your husband Steve? He needs to be younger than 45 when the main visa application is made.

Do it now! Don't waste time.

Last edited by Alfresco; Jan 22nd 2010 at 5:20 pm. Reason: Add question
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 5:47 pm
Just Joined

KellyAndSteve is a jewel in the roughKellyAndSteve is a jewel in the roughKellyAndSteve is a jewel in the roughKellyAndSteve is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Kelly,

I would seek professional advice from a registered MARA agent. There are two issues I can see:-

1. ACS Skills assessment as a Web Designer
2. Your son turning 18 in June 2010

These need to be addressed ASAP if you are to proceed any further at this point.

Also how old is your husband Steve? He needs to be younger than 45 when the main visa application is made.

Do it now! Don't waste time.
My husband, Steve will be 44 on April the 1st
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 5:48 pm
Banned

Neil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mohogony
Alot of the negative posters here tend to exaggerate the negative things. If OZ wasn't a great place to live there wouldn't be 1.3 million Brits living here . l think you said you can work from home, so if if you don't need to live in a large city for work then maybe look at some of the coastal areas in the country 1 or 2 hours outside a city as well.
But it also works both ways with the positive people over- hyping the place, read them all and you can get a balanced view.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 5:53 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Neil52
But it also works both ways with the positive people over- hyping the place, read them all and you can get a balanced view.
Or you could listen to people that already present a balanced view
There are a few.....
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 6:04 pm
Banned

Neil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kporte
Or you could listen to people that already present a balanced view
There are a few.....
I try and do my best
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 6:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

My husband, Steve will be 44 on April the 1st

Then Good Luck!
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 6:33 pm
Just Joined

KellyAndSteve is a jewel in the roughKellyAndSteve is a jewel in the roughKellyAndSteve is a jewel in the roughKellyAndSteve is a jewel in the rough

Then Good Luck!
Thank you Alfresco!! x
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 11:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone

We are a family of 6 and really want to start a new life in Australia.....But where to start!!!!

My husband is self employed and works from home on websites. He has had his own internet business for almost 12 months now.

Can anyone tell us what we need to do to get the ball rolling please and how long can it take for everything to go through before we know if we can have a new life in Oz?

Here's hoping!!!!
We are in a similiar situation, got NZ PR then decided we wanted to go to Oz instead, but now it means another 6 months - 2 years. I think the water shortages thing sounds a bit scary - I can handle Spiders!
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 1:31 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Neil52
I try and do my best
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 8:50 am
Just Joined

Then Good Luck!
The story so far...

Steve, (my husband) has spoken to someone from Imigration and explained our situation. He was adviced to let the business run for another year and then apply for visas etc. As for my Son Matthew who turns 18 in June, he finishes his A levels in June and has already lined up an apprenticeship at an accountants office. So by next year, he will apply at the same time as us.

I have a friend in Perth who has encouraged me for us not to give up on our dream of living in Australia! So, we are going to work hard, redecorate our house and hopefully come back on this forum with some good news that we will be on our way!!!

Thank you for all your comments (good and bad!!!) TTFN!! x
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

kimandken will become famous soon enoughkimandken will become famous soon enough

The story so far...

Steve, (my husband) has spoken to someone from Imigration and explained our situation. He was adviced to let the business run for another year and then apply for visas etc. As for my Son Matthew who turns 18 in June, he finishes his A levels in June and has already lined up an apprenticeship at an accountants office. So by next year, he will apply at the same time as us.

I have a friend in Perth who has encouraged me for us not to give up on our dream of living in Australia! So, we are going to work hard, redecorate our house and hopefully come back on this forum with some good news that we will be on our way!!!

Kelly and Steve, u go with ur dreams, they will come true as mind did. I give u karma and all the best from Kim x
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 9:18 am
Use time wisely

Darren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Hutch
With kids the ages you describe I can't help thinking you've left it too late. I was fortunate enough not to have to worry about visas, but as others have said, if you don't get an application in before your son turns 18 he'll need to get his own visa. Since he's only 18 he'll have none of the work skills that visas require and is therefore very unlikely to be able to get one. .
not quite true Hutch; my "kids" are 19 and 16; the 19yr old is coming as a dependant on my application as he still lives at home and cannot/relies on us to, support himself (house, mortgage, etc)
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 11:14 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rainydaze
Also have you tried getting Australia and New Zealand magazine?
I would'nt bother as its full of Australia propaganda
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all

The story so far...

Just out of interest, would you mind telling me what visa your son will be applying for? My son has a Business Degree and is also doing his accountancy exams whilst working for an accoutancy practice. He is currently part ACA qualified. We understood that he would not be eligible to apply for a visa until he was a qualified accountant as there was not other occupation on the SOL.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by DaveandLinda
Just out of interest, would you mind telling me what visa your son will be applying for? My son has a Business Degree and is also doing his accountancy exams whilst working for an accoutancy practice. He is currently part ACA qualified. We understood that he would not be eligible to apply for a visa until he was a qualified accountant as there was not other occupation on the SOL.
At this moment in time, I have no idea!!!! It's something we have to look into!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.