Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New Life Down Under - Just Starting

Wikiposts

New Life Down Under - Just Starting

Old Apr 7th 2005, 12:43 am
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice
Default Re: New Life Down Under - Just Starting

Originally Posted by wombat42
That woman is a Whinging Pom from Hell. l don't know how her husband stands her. She can't go two minutes without whinging about something wrong with OZ. " l don't like the sound Australian birds make, the traffic lights take 3 seconds longer to change here,its too hot today , its too cold today, l would go home now if l could afford it"

I must admit when I first saw the programme I found her to be very annoying but have taking quite a liking to her now. I actually find her quite funny. Also we must not forget that they have uprooted their lives and moved to the other side of the world and found it quite tough !!! Like a lot of us probably will.

She is highlighting to the viewers what she finds annoying at a time when she is very unsettled. Personally I find it quite an education because I think it should prepare me better when I get there.

And let's face it, if you are missing your friends, family, Marks and Spencers, decent knickers, you are not your usual self.

PS - I wonder if she is recognised by any of us Poms that have moved over to Perth?
Old Apr 7th 2005, 9:33 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

She is funny, and I reckon they are the most likeable family in this series,
the others are odd to say the least, one lot turned up at the airport with just £4000 to their name! and then theres that woman with the BRAT daughter!!!
shes the worst ever.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 6:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Originally Posted by paulf
She is funny, and I reckon they are the most likeable family in this series,
the others are odd to say the least, one lot turned up at the airport with just £4000 to their name! and then theres that woman with the BRAT daughter!!!
shes the worst ever.
Yes, my 12 year old daughter even gasps when 'that' girl has one of her tantrums. Unbelievable .

Theresa
Old Apr 7th 2005, 7:02 pm
Banned

djdutts is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by chr1sarter
Were watching it more carefully tonight, as we booked our tickets today and are bound for Perth. Cant wait to walk around in bare feet
Bare feet! Yay! My dream!
Old Apr 7th 2005, 11:59 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by djdutts
Bare feet! Yay! My dream!
Hiya

When this thread came round previously - on the 3rd or 4th occasion that the "Skeggs Show" was on, I think I reckoned that the lure of the dollar and being on camera were the over-riding reasons for her behaving as she did.

Her husband came across as totally balanced, hard-working and understanding !

Having NOT watched it again this time round I have no reason to change my opinions !!

Jim

ps no-one has mentioned this time round about Australians shooting cats!