British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   New life Down Under (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/new-life-down-under-545365/)

Shaundawn Jun 26th 2008 3:53 pm

New life Down Under

Hi
I thought I'd read or heard recently that the t.v show ' A New Life Down Under ' was going to be back on after making a new series.
But having just been on the channel 4 website it says that they are catching up with the Skeggs and Singletons again!!!
Does anyone know if they are showing new people with their new life?:thumbsup:
Thanks
Dawn

tartankoala Jun 26th 2008 6:35 pm

Re: New life Down Under

When is it on?

painter man Jun 26th 2008 6:40 pm

Ditto:)

johnnyyt Jun 26th 2008 10:22 pm

I read a while ago on another thread that this is a repeat of an update. I didn't see it the first time round so I will watch if it's on.
I though Mandy Skeggs was funny but alot of people don't get her humour. I can't remember the Singletons lady's first name but all respect to her for her attitude and determination to settle in Australia. I may be wrong but I think I read somewhere that she got her dream job of working at a vets surgery.

I think it was scheduled for Thursday 22nd July 8pm on ch 4.

Johnnyyt

johnnyyt Jun 26th 2008 10:39 pm

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=534942

Johnnyyt

Shaundawn Jun 27th 2008 3:05 pm

Channel 4 say its on 22nd July at 8pm
The Singleton womans name was Lorraine. Also they are catching up with a family called the Russells...I think they were the ones who split up.

treacy Jun 27th 2008 7:06 pm

I thought this was a BBC progamme, shown at 09.15 on a tuesday morning.

But I may be wrong.

alipally Jun 27th 2008 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by treacy (Post 6510728)
I thought this was a BBC progamme, shown at 09.15 on a tuesday morning.

But I may be wrong.

Nah, different programme, Wanted down under is the BBC's offering.

I cant' remember whether or not I've seen the Ch4 offering, but I'll definitely keep an eye out for it.

treacy Jun 27th 2008 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by alipally (Post 6510759)
Nah, different programme, Wanted down under is the BBC's offering.

I cant' remember whether or not I've seen the Ch4 offering, but I'll definitely keep an eye out for it.

Sorry about that, will keep an eye on C4 too

alipally Jun 27th 2008 7:22 pm

All the programmes entitled 'something or other' down under get confusing and I find that all I do is watch repeats of these things that I've seen before, the most annoying thing is that I have to watch about half of it before I realise!

DOH!!

wavetravel Jun 28th 2008 5:10 am

Ditto! :rofl:

munch Jun 28th 2008 10:53 pm

Sorry but I think this page has been on Channel 4's website for ages, I looked at it months ago.

Think this episode was shown last year as 22nd July is a Tuesday this year not Thursday:curse:. Remember watching an episode last year when it caught up with the 3 families.

If you are anything like us we just love watching anything to do with Australia, not much on at the moment only repeats - love Bondi Rescue, Bills Food (only to count how many times he smiles at the camera), Nothing to declare and all the Wanted down unders (although think it should be renamed to "Not so wanted down under" the rate at which these visas are being granted).

Debbie, Martin, Thomas (11), Alex (4) & Ben (3)

fairwayskid Jun 28th 2008 11:01 pm

That nothing to declare

Would put the shits up you. I think i will look guilty when i get there even though i will have nothing to worry about:)

Blossom Jun 30th 2008 8:31 am

Originally Posted by fairwayskid (Post 6514598)
That nothing to declare

Would put the shits up you. I think i will look guilty when i get there even though i will have nothing to worry about:)

Declare everything and go through the red side and you'll be fine, they'll just wave you through!

Mrs Kiwi Jul 1st 2008 7:51 pm

There is a great website called tvgenius.co.uk that lets you search for something you want to watch and it tells you when it is on. Also, it lets you search for a keyword so if you put in "australia" then it brings up all the programmes related to Oz.
Handy if you're an Oz addict. X