Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

a new life down under

Wikiposts

a new life down under

Old Jan 22nd 2006, 5:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: a new life down under

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
She had to apply for PR on the basis of her hubby being violent and she got it. I was so pleased for her. I know they had no money or barely enough to live on.

She got a job running a cattery and it came with some lovely accommodation.

Her son went back to UK and then came back.

I dont know anymore than that but would like to.
I hope the son left his knife at home this time!!
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 5:40 pm
DAMN.........I'M GOOD

BRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
She had to apply for PR on the basis of her hubby being violent and she got it. I was so pleased for her. I know they had no money or barely enough to live on.

She got a job running a cattery and it came with some lovely accommodation.

Her son went back to UK and then came back.

I dont know anymore than that but would like to.
Yep, she's the one. She went out on a wing & a prayer and hadn't got 2 round coins to rub together.

I thought under the circumstances , she did bloody brilliant.

Gives us ALL hope really doesn't it ?

BRICKY ADE
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 5:49 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: a new life down under

You know how the programme "A place in the sun" has a negative equivalent (with the same presenter) called "House trapped in the sun" about people who've bought houses abroad and then it's fallen down / been built next to a new sewage works / found to be not legally theirs etc.

There should be an equivalent emigration programme called instead of "a new life down under" - "a life in hell downunder" or something. It would show all the bits that the TV people didn't want you to see - endless treks round real estate agents looking at overpriced sh1tholes, endless treks round employment agents being offered jobs you're way overqualified for at sh1t money (or not), having to deal with immigration, tax office etc and then there's the flies/mossies and the heat/cold/rain whatever.

Hopefully would put people off that have only done their research by watching "Neighbours".

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 6:53 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by halcyon 52
Are the Aussies very materialistic and this there a noticeable class system?
Yes to materialistic then No to class system
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 7:16 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for all the info its really nice to see how they are all getting on

keep it coming

jan xx
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 8:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default a new life down under

It’s not very often I watch mindless dribble, and this particular programme is no exception………I affectionately name this type of television entertainment as “Puke TV”………….think the name speaks for itself really.

However, in-between climbing a ladder and loading a roller brush with Dulux Advanced Acrylic Flat Granary paint (incidentally an extremely good paint, easy to apply, covers well, looks great, low odour etc etc), I over heard members of the “Fifteen minutes of Shame” family basically moan about their lot in Perth……….and they had only been there for a few days!

Errrrrr………….excuse me…….just what did you expect?

Are these people from different planets?

Do you think that even in the Global information knowledge highway age, that they ever did any form of background research?

Sometimes I feel it must be at times an intellectual challenge to get out of bed and get dressed in the morning for some people and yet they manage to make their way through the apparent maze of paperwork for the all encompassing visa.

Incredible!
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 1:46 am
Forum Regular

Location: lived in halesworth in suffolk, now on the sunny coast qld
debreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to all

Originally Posted by wargod
One of the families posts on here (the Reeves). The one who's husband got a job as a air con installation manager. Living up in Mooloolabaahhh
hi debs reeve here , yes we did "get a new life " & "place in sun ". just thought id check in & say hi ,
all going well here Kev still in air con ,project manager as well as sales now , boys still love it , me to . still living in mooloolaba .
oh & for those of you who didnt see our prog i most defiantly wasn't the winger woman in perth . .
good luck to those who are still waiting .
xx debs xx
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 2:00 am
Just Joined

beverley3312 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Deb, it's fantastic to hear you & your family are having such a great time over there. I have to say your family were definately not whingers!!! and that in fact you were partly the inspiration behind our attempts to get over to the Gold Coast.

We taped your episode & even got tel no for where Kevin works(no. was on his works van!!) but daren't ring!!!

My partner does air conditioning installation but has no qualifications so we've really struggled to get a visa. However, I work for Yorkshire Bank who are owned by National Australia Bank & I've finally managed to get a 2yr temp visa which is a start!!

Can't wait to tell Rob, my bloke, I've been able to contact you. Meanwhile I wish you all well!!
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 2:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debreeve
hi debs reeve here , yes we did "get a new life " & "place in sun ". just thought id check in & say hi ,
all going well here Kev still in air con ,project manager as well as sales now , boys still love it , me to . still living in mooloolaba .
oh & for those of you who didnt see our prog i most defiantly wasn't the winger woman in perth . .
good luck to those who are still waiting .
xx debs xx
Defiantly (sic definitely) sounds like a whinger to me!

Please to see you are enjoying your new life.

OzTennis
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 3:29 am
Des
Des

Des is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really nice

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Defiantly (sic definitely) sounds like a whinger to me!

Please to see you are enjoying your new life.

OzTennis
hey

can someone remind me again which one was the reeve family cant remember now thanks?

des
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 3:50 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

I dont think I ever saw the programmes with deb reeves in... and I thought I saw them all! I've missed out! There are programmes I haven't seen yet......!

Good to hear its going well for you and your family Deb!
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 5:09 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
It’s not very often I watch mindless dribble, and this particular programme is no exception………I affectionately name this type of television entertainment as “Puke TV”………….think the name speaks for itself really.

However, in-between climbing a ladder and loading a roller brush with Dulux Advanced Acrylic Flat Granary paint (incidentally an extremely good paint, easy to apply, covers well, looks great, low odour etc etc), I over heard members of the “Fifteen minutes of Shame” family basically moan about their lot in Perth……….and they had only been there for a few days!

Errrrrr………….excuse me…….just what did you expect?

Are these people from different planets?

Do you think that even in the Global information knowledge highway age, that they ever did any form of background research?

Sometimes I feel it must be at times an intellectual challenge to get out of bed and get dressed in the morning for some people and yet they manage to make their way through the apparent maze of paperwork for the all encompassing visa.

Incredible!
lol, back to the painting then
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 5:15 am
Forum Regular

halcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by renth
Yes to materialistic then No to class system
I suppose materialism is human nature and worldwide.
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 5:32 am
Livin it large

Mctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by moneypen20
TV editing is a brilliant thing isn't it Don't accept everything you see as read. The TV companies don't think it makes good TV to show people enjoying things and getting on with life.
You would not believe exactly how far TV Producers will go to put people seem stressed, annoyed, whinging, etc.....

Also, how strange people get when a camera is pointed at 'em
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 7:45 am
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

the winging ones were the skeggs werent they?

jan xx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.