Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New life down under - 1 off special?

New life down under - 1 off special?

Old May 8th 2007, 9:11 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute
Default New life down under - 1 off special?

I have just been looking on the channel 4 web site and i think a one off special of A New Life Down Under is planned for Thursday 22 July, 8pm, (hope it wasnt last year)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is the link to the site;

http://www.channel4.com/life/microsi...der/index.html

This is the programme synopsis;

Every year, thousands of Britons move to Australia in search of a new life in sunnier climes. But at over 11,000 miles it's a big step to take and a long way to leave friends and family behind.

In Channel 4’s A New Life Down Under, cameras followed families as they set up home in Australia. Some adapted more successfully than others, but each had their own unique problems.

But how have they fared since? This one-off programme reveals how three of the families are settling into the Australian way of life, and reflects on their experiences over the last 15 months.

We catch up with Lorraine Singleton from Blackpool, who always dreamt of a life in the sun; the Skeggs family, who moved to Perth without ever having visited the country; and Rachel Russell, whose new life on the Gold Coast was threatened by money worries.

I personally cant wait, thought i would share it with you all.
Old May 8th 2007, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

GracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really nice
Default Re: New life down under - 1 off special?

22nd July is a Sunday this year, and it was definitely a Saturday last year (only know this as we got married then)

The last Thurs 22nd was in 2004 so it's a bit out of date me thinks
Old May 8th 2007, 9:23 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely not this July 22nd - it's a Sunday.
Old May 8th 2007, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

stela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nice

Originally Posted by robos
I have just been looking on the channel 4 web site and i think a one off special of A New Life Down Under is planned for Thursday 22 July, 8pm, (hope it wasnt last year)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every year, thousands of Britons move to Australia in search of a new life in sunnier climes. But at over 11,000 miles it's a big step to take and a long way to leave friends and family behind.

In Channel 4’s A New Life Down Under, cameras followed families as they set up home in Australia. Some adapted more successfully than others, but each had their own unique problems.

But how have they fared since? This one-off programme reveals how three of the families are settling into the Australian way of life, and reflects on their experiences over the last 15 months.

We catch up with Lorraine Singleton from Blackpool, who always dreamt of a life in the sun; the Skeggs family, who moved to Perth without ever having visited the country; and Rachel Russell, whose new life on the Gold Coast was threatened by money worries.

Me Neither. for letting us know. Be nice to see how Rachel's got on without her cash cow (otherwise known as Micheal)

stela
Old May 8th 2007, 11:25 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Think you're about three years late setting the VCR for this one guys. It aired in 2004! Funnily enough there was a thread on this site about the show in 2005, where a load of folks missed it by a year... lol.
Old May 9th 2007, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

keithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant future

well,i know lorraine singleton is still here,upper coomera way.hubbie was chatting to her in the pub!!

Originally Posted by robos

Old May 9th 2007, 9:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keithandsam
well,i know lorraine singleton is still here,upper coomera way.hubbie was chatting to her in the pub!!
Hi Sam
Old May 9th 2007, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

stela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nice

Originally Posted by Hutch
Think you're about three years late setting the VCR for this one guys. It aired in 2004! Funnily enough there was a thread on this site about the show in 2005, where a load of folks missed it by a year... lol.

oops

stela
Old May 9th 2007, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

mum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by stela
oops

stela
Yep too late i found that last year and email channel 4 web site they said they would sort it but it looks like they still havent.

What a shame i missed this update too and would love to see it.

Isnt there a web site you can go on to looked old tv programmes?

Please someone let us know how to do this.
Old May 9th 2007, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

janet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud of

yep 22nd july was a saturday last year as hubby celebrated his 40th .
Old May 9th 2007, 10:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

clanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to all

And that Mandy woman Perth the midwife is still here...i saw her when i was shopping in Garden City with a friend last month
Old May 11th 2007, 9:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Channel 4 are showing repeats of the New life Down Under next week 12.30 every week day.
Set your recorder!
Sammy
Old May 11th 2007, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mum01753
Yep too late i found that last year and email channel 4 web site they said they would sort it but it looks like they still havent.

What a shame i missed this update too and would love to see it.

Isnt there a web site you can go on to looked old tv programmes?

Please someone let us know how to do this.
Website here for some old programmes;

http://www.tv-links.co.uk/index.do/1

Old May 11th 2007, 1:01 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Rachel's still here, she was at the Robbie concert in Brissie. Seemed very happy with life
Old May 11th 2007, 4:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

mum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by marvinc
Website here for some old programmes;

http://www.tv-links.co.uk/index.do/1

Thank you
xxx