Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New Life In Auz Please

New Life In Auz Please

Old Jul 11th 2005, 5:07 pm
Kanga1

Emmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really nice
Unhappy New Life In Auz Please

Hi there me and my husband and my three year old daughter are going through the process of emigrating to Melbourne, we currently live in Lincoln but originally come from Kent. My husband is currently back in the motor trade to get the work experience side of things sorted as he has been out of the trade for three years so this has held us up. We were broken into at home in the early hours of Saturday morning while me and my husband and daughter were asleep and they took my laptop computer so you will have to bare with me if I dont reply straight away as I am now having to use the library computer, so we are more determined now than ever to get out of this country. Is there anyone out there who has emigrated to melbourne, whats it like out there?
Old Jul 11th 2005, 5:08 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Life In Auz Please

Thanks very strange as I moved from Lincoln to Kent!!!! (Used to live in Francis Street opposite the Walker's Quaver factory)

Welcome to the board.
Old Jul 11th 2005, 5:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emmaline
Hi there me and my husband and my three year old daughter are going through the process of emigrating to Melbourne, we currently live in Lincoln but originally come from Kent. My husband is currently back in the motor trade to get the work experience side of things sorted as he has been out of the trade for three years so this has held us up. We were broken into at home in the early hours of Saturday morning while me and my husband and daughter were asleep and they took my laptop computer so you will have to bare with me if I dont reply straight away as I am now having to use the library computer, so we are more determined now than ever to get out of this country. Is there anyone out there who has emigrated to melbourne, whats it like out there?

Hi Emmaline,
Welcome to the forum.
Sorry to hear you have had such an awful thing happen to you. I am lucky in that I have never been burgled and can't imagine how it must feel.

There are a few people on here from Melbourne, can't thing who ogff the top of my head. I'm sure you will get a reply from some of them layter when those already in Australia come online

Bridiej - I'm not stalking you, honest

Tracey
Old Jul 11th 2005, 5:30 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

OMG how awful welcome to the forum!!

Kris
Old Jul 11th 2005, 6:36 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear that Emmaline Welcome to the forum, you will find plenty of advice on hear and on the immigration forum. you can also use the search link at the top of the page
Old Jul 11th 2005, 6:53 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Scum bags
Welcome to BE
I'm headed to Perth "burglary capital of Aus " :scared:
Don't know bout Melb?
Old Jul 11th 2005, 7:08 pm
Merlot

Wish you all the best, ask as many questions as you wish plus check out with the Dept of Immigration how you can get in

Don't want to give it BUT the downside of when we lived in Oz is that we were burgled, outside house/garden vandalised, car trashed, 3 year old murdered by 13 year old and left in our side garden (Two months before we moved in - thanks Real Estate!!!!). We were just unlucky I guess, but there is a fair bit of crime in Oz

We are planning to go back so not all that bad

M

Old Jul 11th 2005, 7:16 pm
off to Byron Bay....

loidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the rough

hi emmaline, all of my family have emigrated to melbourne and loved it, but all have moved down to the mornington peninsula now (about 1-2 hrs away). even my mum went and that was big feat!!! she loved it in england and we all thought there was no way she would move there but she gave it a go and when she came back here in april she was counting down the days til she could get back home to oz, she really missed it and could not believe how crap the quality of life here in the uk is, it is easily forgotten. good luck x loidy
Old Jul 11th 2005, 8:06 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: New Life In Auz Please

Originally Posted by bridiej
Used to live in Francis Street opposite the Walker's Quaver factory
How Cheesey was that ? ! ? ! ? !

Where my relatives in London live you can smell Cornflakes............but cheese!

Welcome to the mad house and sorry for what happened.........I am sure the insurance will cover it though eh!

R.
Old Jul 11th 2005, 8:41 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Emmaline,
Just wanted to say "Welcome!"
We're Brisbane bound, so can't really help you with the Melbourne side of things. Although we did visit there for 4 days last year and love the city.

Know how you feel about the burglary though. We were burgled 5 years ago. They took all my jewellery, including my engagement ring and the kids Communion gifts. They can never be replaced unfortunately, although I'm working on the new engagement ring . Hubby hasn't taken the hint yet though

Good luck.

Julie
Old Jul 11th 2005, 9:02 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Scum bags
Welcome to BE
I'm headed to Perth "burglary capital of Aus " :scared:
Don't know bout Melb?
Lol...No it's not
Old Jul 11th 2005, 10:14 pm
Banned

Bradley7 will become famous soon enoughBradley7 will become famous soon enough

Hi What would you like to know about Melbourne (apart from where not to live as they have social problems aswell). I don't live there but have spent time there and have lots of family who live in and around Melbourne!
Old Jul 11th 2005, 11:11 pm
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Emmaline, sorry to hear your bad news. We also live in lincoln, actualy bracebridge heath to be exact, we are hoping to move to Perth all being well. I am also retraining just like your hubby but in catering. Hope all goes well for you.

Nev.
Old Jul 11th 2005, 11:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

hey Emmaline

Have lived in Melbourne for 2 years. Let me know specifically what you want to know I will try and help as best I can.

Good luck with the application
Old Jul 12th 2005, 12:17 am
ABCDiamond

Is there anyone out there who has emigrated to melbourne, whats it like out there?
You should find some good info on Melbourne / Victoria at http://s7.invisionfree.com/BritVics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.