Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New lap top , buy in the uk or Aus?

New lap top , buy in the uk or Aus?

Old Oct 17th 2008, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

shark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant future
Default New lap top , buy in the uk or Aus?

6 weeks to go , till we arrive!
should we wait till we get to Aus till we buy a new lap top ?
I was going to buy one here , but i,m now thinking about connections, price , etc .
Old Oct 17th 2008, 5:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Melbourne, Australia & Maputo, Mozambique, working in Somalia
JR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: New lap top , buy in the uk or Aus?

Ever thought of ID'ing your needs and then,... buying one in Duty Free in..Dubai?..Singapore?

You can get an Australian power lead when you get here, or us a different adaptor to plug into the wall.

Just a thought.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

LiseM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JR230898
Ever thought of ID'ing your needs and then,... buying one in Duty Free in..Dubai?..Singapore?

You can get an Australian power lead when you get here, or us a different adaptor to plug into the wall.

Just a thought.
Hmmm, I'm curious about this as well, as I'll be stopping in Singapore airport. What happens if you purchase duty free, get it to Oz then find out there's a problem with the laptop?
Old Oct 17th 2008, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

noggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to all

Eh..yr stuffed
Old Oct 17th 2008, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

Burkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura about

We have just bought one from Ebuyer in the UK, mainly because we shipped our main PC and I can't do without the internet for 6 weeks and because we could get it on interest free for 10 months!!!
Old Oct 17th 2008, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Twinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really nice

Or you could almost replace your PC with laptop from ebuyer at around £380 - check out the 250gb hard drives etc....
Old Oct 17th 2008, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

Burkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura about

We now have a PC each (or we will when we arrive in Oz) so no more I NEED to use it now arguements!
Old Oct 17th 2008, 9:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Check out the Aussie prices first.... I've never been able to find cheaper in Singapore.

http://www.msy.com.au/notebook/notebook.pdf

If you find MSY are selling one on "special" you will be hard pushed to find the same model cheaper anywhere.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Oct 17th 2008 at 9:20 pm.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 9:21 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

I bought one in Singapore and wish I'd waited till Aus. If they are cheaper they're not that much cheaper. The duty free cash back was only something like 6%.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 9:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
I bought one in Singapore and wish I'd waited till Aus. If they are cheaper they're not that much cheaper. The duty free cash back was only something like 6%.
MSY are the only place people should buy computers from in this country.

They are cheaper than the swap meets even.

I'd like to hear if people can get them cheaper in the UK.... especially now the exchange rate is back in the UK's favour.

FYI info Martin, you can tell a MSY shop by the queue out of the door, it normally takes at least 1/2 an hour to get served with Queues about 20 deep even on a Tuesday afternoon. Thats At Pascoe Vale and Brooklyn at least.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Oct 17th 2008 at 9:46 pm.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 9:50 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
MSY are the only place people should buy computers from in this country.

They are cheaper than the swap meets even.

I'd like to hear if people can get them cheaper in the UK.... especially now the exchange rate is back in the UK's favour.

FYI info Martin, you can tell a MSY shop by the queue out of the door, it normally takes at least 1/2 an hour to get served with Queues about 20 deep even on a Tuesday afternoon. Thats At Pascoe Vale and Brooklyn at least.
Sounds like Russia What sort of 3rd world country have I come to?
Old Oct 17th 2008, 9:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Sounds like Russia What sort of 3rd world country have I come to?
LOL, more like China, most of the people in the Queue will be Chinese/SE Asians.
Old Oct 18th 2008, 6:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Twinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really nice

Not easy to compare with different specs, but Ebuyer specials certainly on a par: you pays your money.......!!
Old Oct 18th 2008, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

dnex721 will become famous soon enough

Hi

we looked at this

went on website like hp . uk and Hp.au and compared the same spec laptop

Uk was quite a bit cheaer

so we will def buy in UK

Take care

Bev
Old Oct 18th 2008, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of light

Not sure I if was unlucky but my UK laptop constantly overheated here! In-fact all our UK ones did.

So I'd buy here and have done now.

T

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.