Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New job maybe(hopefully!)

Wikiposts

New job maybe(hopefully!)

Old Jan 21st 2005, 4:06 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all
Default Re: New job maybe.....

Originally Posted by Simone
Good luck Leigh!!! Is that the one in Sydney? Actually, no, it's probably Canberra if it's government he?!
Hey, Mairi (VegemiteKids) works for Defence here in WA, and had to go to Canberra twice already. Maybe she could be off some help too?
cheers for that, but i think i've hit a snag. i read through the jobs section in the canborough times this morning and there were a load of other ads in for the defence department. at the bottom of all of them it said you had to be a citizen to apply... not sure if it would apply to the job i want to apply for though, but i'll wait and see. gonna call them on monday to ask the question.

i haven't heard anything back from the jobs in sydney yet, but the ads were only placed last weekend so who knows. i saw another today for a studio manager up at time-warner in QLD!! i'm gonna get my cv off for that one too! can't hurt eh?

fingers crossed for us both!

leigh
Old Jan 21st 2005, 4:24 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New job maybe(hopefully!)

Ohhhhh GOOD LUCK Simone!!

I've been working my tail off the past few days, updating my resume and generally trying to make myself look more "secure."

Put out a few more resumes today..maybe if we're both lucky, we'll be starting new jobs together!!

Siren
Old Jan 21st 2005, 4:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

OOoooh, good luck Simone... hope you get the job Keep us all updated and remember to negotiate for Thursdays off and Perth Ladies discounts
Take care
Larissa
Old Jan 21st 2005, 7:23 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys!

Fingers crossed for Leigh, Warren, Christina then!! And Simeon that his job is good, and becomes more right? Or a better one!

Checked out parking just then(and went shopping ), there's a Wilson parking right under the Central Park building(that's where the job is!!). So will go via freeway and enter St georges tce on the west side...
Old Jan 21st 2005, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all

Hey Simone,

I just read ur thread and want to wish you luck for your interview!!!!
Go there well prepared and I am certain you will impress them all!
oxoxox

fabie
Old Jan 21st 2005, 10:03 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by swissfabs
Hey Simone,

I just read ur thread and want to wish you luck for your interview!!!!
Go there well prepared and I am certain you will impress them all!
oxoxox

fabie
Hey, fabie!
Omg, totally forgot to answer you pm!! Ha, well this thread answers your questions! Everything's going fine! If this job doesn't work, that's fine, and I'll keep looking and trying! At least I have a pretty good one right now, though, yeah, not that challenging!

Good luck with you Canadian and your visa!!!!
Old Jan 21st 2005, 10:41 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

This is what you should do. Hand in your notice on your current job, stuff up really badly on the interview, and then become a lady of leisure. Then on Thursday it will be coffee at your house. Pascal wont mind at all

Work is sooooo over rated
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

sunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura about

hey simone,

just want to wish you all the luck you need with your interview - you show 'em what the dutchies can do, girl...

been 'sort of' looking for a job myself - job agencies dont seem to be very friendly here (or is that just me), but i'll get stuck into it coming week - can't just keep spending it without bringing any in (though, must admit, i DO enjoy it...)

anyway...veel succes!!

tanja
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 11:29 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Originally Posted by Siren
This is what you should do. Hand in your notice on your current job, stuff up really badly on the interview, and then become a lady of leisure. Then on Thursday it will be coffee at your house. Pascal wont mind at all

Work is sooooo over rated
Sounds good!
Actually, if I do end up in the city... we could all meet up for lunch some time! he he!
Originally Posted by sunny side up
hey simone,

just want to wish you all the luck you need with your interview - you show 'em what the dutchies can do, girl...

been 'sort of' looking for a job myself - job agencies dont seem to be very friendly here (or is that just me), but i'll get stuck into it coming week - can't just keep spending it without bringing any in (though, must admit, i DO enjoy it...)

anyway...veel succes!!

tanja
Dank je! Jij ook!!!!
This job is not through an agency, which I prefer. But the one I'm with now is, Recruitment Solutions, part of Chandler Macleod, and the girl that got me the job etc is quite nice...

Btw, been anywhere interesting lately??
A friend of ours is going to work as an electrician in Mt Keith for a couple of months... that's 700 or so km's north east of Perth Middle of nowhere!!
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 11:39 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck with interview tomorro
Old Jan 23rd 2005, 12:56 am
f1junkie

Sander has a spectacular aura aboutSander has a spectacular aura aboutSander has a spectacular aura about

Hi!

Just wanted to wish you good luck tomorrow with the interview.
It sounds good so I hope you get the job!
Old Jan 23rd 2005, 1:22 am

Hey Simone!

Got my fingers crossed for you for tomorrows interview. Best wishes, Chica!!
Take a deep breath and be fabulous! (You're a star anyway!)

AND... don't for get to update us on what happened!! LOL

((((((hugs))))))

Siren
Old Jan 23rd 2005, 1:34 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Thanks guys, getting nervous now, especially about being on time. But I have the girls direct number, so I can call, and I did explain the situation.
3.30 won't be to bad with traffic hopefully, and I have approach route and parking all figured out.
Blouse is hanging in car, I think I'll change into it in carpark Makeup and hairbrush will also be in car, lol

I have to go too level 31.. anyone no how many levels the Central park building is?

Right, off to bed now!

seeya's, will update around 6 pm tomorrow then!
Old Jan 23rd 2005, 10:13 am
Go Banana's !!

Simone, all the best for the interview, hopefully i will find out all about mine today ??

We'll be thinking of you.

Best wishes

Warren & Jill
xx

PS: Hopefully see you on Weds !

Old Jan 23rd 2005, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

sunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Simone
Btw, been anywhere interesting lately??
A friend of ours is going to work as an electrician in Mt Keith for a couple of months... that's 700 or so km's north east of Perth Middle of nowhere!!

yep, been there, done that...yawn...no shopping to be done in mt keith...perhaps i should go there...
the man's out in tom price again, but after the last trip (pannawonica) i decided i'd seen enough so i stayed home...

bought a car yesterday, so i've finally got wheels!! (well, bigger ones than those on the bike... ). should make it a bit easier to check out a few more coffeemornings...riding the bike to sirens house was NOT FUN...

well, fingers crossed for today - keep us updated

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.