Reload this Page >

New-ish in Sydney...

Wikiposts

New-ish in Sydney...

Old Jan 30th 2005, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

teagg is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile New-ish in Sydney...

Well, having read and responded on some of the threads, here's my intro bit...
DH (40), DD (9months) and I (36) have been in Sydney since November 12th. We were transferred over by DH's company (thankfully) but had been working towards doing it ourselves.
We went via a migration agent and started the ball rolling in October 2001, details were submitted early 2002, and visas granted March 2003.
Validation trip was May 2003, and miscarriage too.
Got pregnant in July 2003 and flew nowhere! (didn't even jump up and down!).
Maternity leave was decluttering the house.
Late September/early October 2004 DH and company were in discussion. 23rd October decision confirmed by company, and expectation that DH would work till flight on 11th Nov and start again in Aus on Monday 14th.

Currently have house rented out in UK, and are living in 3 bed unit on North Shore.

Trying to work out the new mother, new country, new home, no furniture (that arrives Monday next week), no friends, no family...
well - that's not totally true - I chat to everyone I meet (which might account for the few friends!!!!). DH has distant relatives in South Sydney.

Hadn't found this website when in England (what a bu!**!! - it would have been most useful to chat with you all) and only now found it when out here.

Comments, advice, suggestions etc would all be very much appreciated...
regards
G
Old Jan 30th 2005, 11:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New-ish in Sydney...

Originally Posted by teagg
Well, having read and responded on some of the threads, here's my intro bit...
DH (40), DD (9months) and I (36) have been in Sydney since November 12th. We were transferred over by DH's company (thankfully) but had been working towards doing it ourselves.
We went via a migration agent and started the ball rolling in October 2001, details were submitted early 2002, and visas granted March 2003.
Validation trip was May 2003, and miscarriage too.
Got pregnant in July 2003 and flew nowhere! (didn't even jump up and down!).
Maternity leave was decluttering the house.
Late September/early October 2004 DH and company were in discussion. 23rd October decision confirmed by company, and expectation that DH would work till flight on 11th Nov and start again in Aus on Monday 14th.

Currently have house rented out in UK, and are living in 3 bed unit on North Shore.

Trying to work out the new mother, new country, new home, no furniture (that arrives Monday next week), no friends, no family...
well - that's not totally true - I chat to everyone I meet (which might account for the few friends!!!!). DH has distant relatives in South Sydney.

Hadn't found this website when in England (what a bu!**!! - it would have been most useful to chat with you all) and only now found it when out here.

Comments, advice, suggestions etc would all be very much appreciated...
regards
G
There is a meet of ex-pats in Sydney in Feb. Check out the forum. "Soapie" is the person who has listed the information. It will be a chance to maybe make a few friends. Ian - Northen Beaches
Old Jan 31st 2005, 12:20 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

hi teagg
there are loads of expats in your age group in your area. try the next meet. heres the link
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=277444&page=1

soapy
Old Jan 31st 2005, 1:42 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teagg
well - that's not totally true - I chat to everyone I meet (which might account for the few friends!!!!). DH has distant relatives in South Sydney.)
Congratulations for knowing what your name is Definitely go along to the "meets" - they are well worth it. Try not to get tooooo obsessed with this forum, there must be life outside
Old Feb 1st 2005, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

teagg is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks for the responses... it's good to know about the meeting - all being well, we'll be there (me plus wee one, if not all three of us!)

As for at least knowing my own name, well it's about the only thing at times - I am known to mix up DD's and DH's!!

ttfn
teagg/G