Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New(ish) couple to Perth!!!

New(ish) couple to Perth!!!

Old Dec 3rd 2009, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

Watty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to all
Default Re: New(ish) couple to Perth!!!

Hi Carl & Jen

Im 37 and live in Fremantle. Have a few friends here but they are all married with kids and Im restricted on how many nights out they can realistically have without getting them divorced.

If you fancy a meet up then let me know. Im about 10-15 mins walk from the Norfolk and 5 mins from the Seaview on the South Terrace.

Arlene
x
Old Jan 1st 2010, 11:43 am
yorkshire born & bred

warren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mand-jim
Hi Carl and Jen,

We met up with 4 other couples on Saturday night that I'd been chatting to on another expat website. The night turned out surprisingly well & everyone seemed to have a good time so we will hopefully sort out another date soon

I've just sent Jayne a PM about this so thought I'd post on here in case you or anyone else is interesting in joining our next meet up....?

Hi everyone,

We are new to perth arived in september, the meet-up you arrange sound a great way to meet new people, is there another night to be arrange soon?? happy new year all,
Warren & Lisa
Old Jan 1st 2010, 11:52 am
yorkshire born & bred

warren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to all

Originally Posted by CarlandJen
Hey, We are Carl and Jen and we have been in Perth for just over a year.
We are finding it hard to meet new people and have heard that this is a good place to start lol.

We are 31 and 27 and would love to hear from people of similar ages who may be in the same situation?
We live south of the river and work in the city and Fremantle, but are familiar with most areas after being here for a year.

Would welcome messages from anyone and hope to hear from people soon, Take care, Carl and Jen
Hi Carl and Jen

We have been in perth since september, we are 34 and 32, we live south of the river too, bull creek, were are you living?
yes meeting new people is hard, how you getting on?
we found xmas/new year tough, usually surrounded by friends,
if you'd like to meet up that would be great,
happy new year to you
Warren and Lisa.
ps, loving perth
Old Jan 7th 2010, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

lulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nice

Hi all,
this is Jason on Lucys log in! Looks like you guys have a nice little network going there?! Lucy and I arrived here in November from sunny Manchester ( but dont hold that against us!)and, initially we are a little disappointed that the weather here seems to be exactly the same?!?
Anyway, we live just south of Freo and are actively looking to meet new people too. Lucy has( well, someone has!) arranged a wee meet up for this sunday at Little Creatures. So far, i think we are 6 or 8 people but, if any of you guys are interetsed...???
If not, get back in touch anyway and maybe we can sort something else out??
Sounds like we are all in the same boat...
Cheers

Jason
Old Jan 7th 2010, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

lulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nice

I am just gonna also say that, i am not totally sure what i am doing here with this forum malarky so, if i have sent this to the wrong people, left anyone out or its in the wrong thread or whatever... SORRY!!
Dumb Northern Munky.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

Watty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to all

Hi Lucy/Jason

Im originally from Scotland but have spent most of my life in Sale, Cheshire, just down the road. Let me know if you fancy a meet up with you and everyone.
Arlene
Old Jan 12th 2010, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

Hi Arlene,
We are from Didsbury! Small world indeed.
I think the little group that got together this weekend are planning to get together again soon. Maybe a BBQ somewhere if you are interested.?
We live in Coogee so, maybe we could arramge soemthing anyway if you like?
How long have you been here??

J.
Old Mar 20th 2010, 4:41 am
Just Joined

CarlandJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, if we missed replying to any messages had trouble getting back onto our account!!

Still be good to hear from anyone
Old Mar 21st 2010, 2:45 am
Forum Regular

Ive just sent you a pm.

Im good to meet up, Im just in South Fremantle so not too far from you.

Im up for a bbq or meet in Freo or at the cafe in Coogee, i can cycle down.

Ive been here since June last year and loving every minute and dont miss the UK (although would have loved to have popped back for 24 hrs when it was snowing, just to be a big kid with my nephew and niece!!)

Arlene
x
Old Apr 1st 2010, 1:04 pm
Just Joined

matty123123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CarlandJen
Hey, if we missed replying to any messages had trouble getting back onto our account!!

Still be good to hear from anyone
Hi

Are there any meet ups planned South of river? We are Lisa and Matt both 30 been in WA about 10 months always intrested in meeting new people and having nights out