Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is This The New Immigration Rule Just Introduced?

Is This The New Immigration Rule Just Introduced?

Old Aug 11th 2004, 3:34 am
Forum Regular

pokhrea will become famous soon enoughpokhrea will become famous soon enough
Default Is This The New Immigration Rule Just Introduced?

IS THIS THE NEW IMMIGRATION RULE?

Thats what I did aks everyone when I heard that you need to stay for 2 years when you validate your visa. My case simple jsut got visa on passports and was planning to validate it on a holiday and come back as I have a very good job. But my sister who is in OZ told me that the validation rule has been changed and now you need to sty there for minimum of two years. I tried to search the web sites but could not get anywhere the new rules so if anyone knows or has any info please share in this forumn which will in turn releive me with lot of worries.
Thanks
Old Aug 11th 2004, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

ssinnige is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is This The New Immigration Rule Just Introduced?

Originally Posted by pokhrea
IS THIS THE NEW IMMIGRATION RULE?

Thats what I did aks everyone when I heard that you need to stay for 2 years when you validate your visa. My case simple jsut got visa on passports and was planning to validate it on a holiday and come back as I have a very good job. But my sister who is in OZ told me that the validation rule has been changed and now you need to sty there for minimum of two years. I tried to search the web sites but could not get anywhere the new rules so if anyone knows or has any info please share in this forumn which will in turn releive me with lot of worries.
Thanks
It all depends on the type of visa it refers to. Probably was mis-read and it miht be that it was for a total of two-years, with or without break-ups.
Old Aug 11th 2004, 7:36 am
ABCDiamond

Are you sure it's not the 2 years to become a Citizen that they are referring to ?

Old Aug 11th 2004, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Are you sure it's not the 2 years to become a Citizen that they are referring to ?
Yes I am pretty much sure it does not imply the citizen I came to know that it was for the first 2 years so I am puzzled
Old Aug 11th 2004, 8:21 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

There is also a 2 yr rule with the new SIR visa which is temporary for 2yrs and when certain conditions have been met then can apply/get it changed to PR.
Old Aug 11th 2004, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by walaj
There is also a 2 yr rule with the new SIR visa which is temporary for 2yrs and when certain conditions have been met then can apply/get it changed to PR.
No mine is classs 139 Desg Sponsored so do u think if this was the case it would be put into writing in my visa grant letter
Old Aug 11th 2004, 8:55 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pokhrea
No mine is classs 139 Desg Sponsored so do u think if this was the case it would be put into writing in my visa grant letter

guess JAJ or Alan etc could clear up.However find it hard to believe if it is true
Old Aug 11th 2004, 9:22 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest I don't understand the question ...

Best regards.
Old Aug 11th 2004, 9:55 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
To be honest I don't understand the question ...

Best regards.
I THINK - though it is confusing - that Pokhrea thinks there is a now a rule that says when you arrive to validate you cannot leave again for 2 years? Is that how others understand the question?
Old Aug 11th 2004, 9:57 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I THINK - though it is confusing - that Pokhrea thinks there is a now a rule that says when you arrive to validate you cannot leave again for 2 years? Is that how others understand the question?
thats how i read it Pollyana
Old Aug 11th 2004, 10:01 am
A Bored of waiting member

stephenwhite68 will become famous soon enough

according to my agent that is not correct !
you can still go and validate and then return to Uk only to return to OZ
Old Aug 11th 2004, 10:04 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stephenwhite68
according to my agent that is not correct !
you can still go and validate and then return to Uk only to return to OZ
Thats how I understand it too, unless there is a visa classs with different rules.....??
Old Aug 11th 2004, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

Sorry for the confusion I was about to validate my visa under 139 class and someone relative from oz told me that i need to sty for 2 years then i can leave o si am confused
Old Aug 11th 2004, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

laverda is an unknown quantity at this point

Im pretty shure you'll find its "Need to spend 2 years in total during the 5 years your visa is valid for, wether you come and go or do this in one stint, Only then you may settle if you wish and then become a citizen" Though if you stay say 2 yrs concurrently within the 5 yr period you may then also apply for citizen.

hope that helps
Old Aug 11th 2004, 10:48 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

OK ... then I think Pokhrea isn't correct.

Best regards.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.