Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

new houses only on sir visa? help

new houses only on sir visa? help

Old Feb 3rd 2006, 6:18 pm
sunseekers

sunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to all
Default new houses only on sir visa? help

has anyone gone to south australia on a sir temp visa , and bought a house that was "second hand" . I asked my emigration company about it and they said i could only buy new built ones! im sure someone on here had said before that the estate agents in oz had a way of getting round this problem .any help much appreciated because weve seen loads of propertys we like but 95% of them are not new ones
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

BettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura about
Cool Re: new houses only on sir visa? help

Originally Posted by sunseekers
has anyone gone to south australia on a sir temp visa , and bought a house that was "second hand" . I asked my emigration company about it and they said i could only buy new built ones! im sure someone on here had said before that the estate agents in oz had a way of getting round this problem .any help much appreciated because weve seen loads of propertys we like but 95% of them are not new ones

Can't help personally..we're on SIR but renting at the mo.... do a search on here...I'm fairly sure if you inform FIRB that it will be your main residence it should be OK....another poster is in Adelaide in yr position and has bought.
Hope this helps and best of luck.

BB
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 10:32 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new houses only on sir visa? help

Originally Posted by sunseekers
Until you get permanent residence, you are subject to FIRB restrictions if you want to purchase: http://www.firb.gov.au

You are also not eligible for the first home grant.

Jeremy