Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New Here and Emigrating to Sydney in Jan

New Here and Emigrating to Sydney in Jan

Old Nov 16th 2008, 6:44 pm
UK-Syd Feb 2009 = HAPPY!

lerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to all
Default New Here and Emigrating to Sydney in Jan

Hi all,

It's really great to have found a forum like this with so much information and advice!

I'm moving out to Oz in January (if all goes well) to work as an IT Grad for Westpac in pretty much the job of my dreams. I flew out for the assessment centre interview in May, took a chance as it was all my own expense, and luckily they offered me a position with them.

They were going to sponsor 457 but the salary level changed to about $1,000 above my starting salary just before. So we're going down the Occupational Trainee route for a year first. The position with them is 2 year on the grad scheme, but they hope you stay with them long term.

I've been really nervous with the change in visa etc, as it means it's going to be a close call to getting it all done in time. They're working with Ernst & Young to get the 442 visa authorised. Then I have to do something here, lodge a 147 (?) in London to complete the visa.

I start on 2nd Feb, but they can delay if visa doesn't come through in time. I just really hope it does as all the others on the scheme start that day too. They did the same visa for a current employee a month before this and it went through all authorised in 4 wks.

So fingers crossed I will soon be out there with a fresh start in a new job and the start of a bright future...

If anyone has any advice or has gone through a similar process, I'd love any tips or info you might have...

Thanks all good luck to everyone too

lerato

Last edited by lerato; Nov 16th 2008 at 7:04 pm.